No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked this up today. I bought two, one for me and one for whoever else in my house wants to read it.

Comment

I should have my copy coming from Amazon (via Fedex!) Monday.

John

Comment

I got this a couple weeks ago. Book is in great shape but the slipcase has couple dents. But it was only $25.

Comment

Ok, it's nothing fancy; picked it up at the library today, but since I'm a huge Smiths fan it felt like winning the lottery. Didn't even know this book existed.

DSC01083.jpg

Comment

I wanted to read the original version of the stand and couldn't fine any online so I stopped at a half price books while I was out and fortunately they had a copy.

I also saw a shrink wrapped copy of Duma Key. Was that what was done when it first came out?
            Last edited by Joe315; 10-03-2012, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Went to library, found Charles de Lint's "Jack of Kinrowan" for sale. Yay. Even if I have something of his, I'll buy it in different format if I find it. But I didn't have this one yet, so +1.

Comment

Love those library sales.I got my pb copy of the original stand there.Always seem to find something of interest and it helps the local library so everyone wins.

Comment

I got a copy of Desperation to go with The Regulators. I ordered this off ebay since it was cheap. It was also shrink-wrapped which I thought was interesting. At $9 including shipping I took the risk of it not being a first printing since at the very least it would be a nice reading copy. Turned out to be a first printing and is in really nice shape, pretty much brand new.

EDIT: I think this is a BCE. oh well, I just have a nice reading copy now.
                  Last edited by Joe315; 10-17-2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Three New Ones!

In the Spirit of the Holiday! Haunted Air is just a great creepy, fun, odd, collection of Halloween Photographs. Trick or Treat, need I say more and Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie, Sub Press one of my favorite modern fantasy writers. Thanks to Amazon and Camelot Books. Happy Halloween everybody. MDH

HPIM1397.jpg
                    Last edited by mhatchett; 10-18-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I really like the Abercrombie cover!

Comment

He's great! And the artwork on all the Subterranean editions is very good.
                        MDH

Comment

I have a few new Stephen King proof items, but I can't post any pictures yet. My old computer died (the power supply went out) and I had to get a new computer. The scanner I have doesn't work with the new one, which has Windows 7, so I have to go get a new scanner sometime soon.

John

Comment

Library sale today. I was a bit disappointed they didn't have a larger fiction selection, but I got some good stuff anyway.

Hardcover:

Clive Barker - Abarat book 2 (they didn't have 1 )
                            Tolkien - The Silmarillion
                            Richard Marcinko - Rogue Warrior
                            Mary Stewart - The Crystal Cave, The Last Enchantment

Softcover:

Neil Peart - Ghost Rider
                            Poppy Z. Brite - Exquisite Corpse

Softcover Graphic Novels:

JLA - A New Beginning
                            Groo & Rufferto
                            Watchmen
                            Fantastic Four/Spiderman Classic
                            Star Trek - The Modala Imperative

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                              Library sale today. I was a bit disappointed they didn't have a larger fiction selection, but I got some good stuff anyway.
                              Groo & Rufferto
                              Everything sounds great but I love Groo. Congrats!
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Whenever I buy books from the library, I always flip through them, thinking wouldn't it be cool if I found some odd piece of paper or some other strange thing left behind by someone, and tonight I actually found something. I was looking through Neil Peart's "Ghost Rider" and found a Ticketmaster ticket for a Rush concert in 2002 in Milwaukee. Not used. I thought that was pretty cool (although I would have preferred a lotterly ticket!)

Comment

Working...
                                X