No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice cover though! I have got a ticket to the Stephen King event in Boston yay

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Just got today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]780[/ATTACH]

I had to go to 5 Barnes & Noble Stores and Barnes & Noble. com to find a copy that didn't have a completely mangled dust cover. I looked at over 25 copies of this book and spent 3 1/2 hours travelling from store to store before I could find one that was acceptable (some ruffling on the top of the spine.) But this is ridiculous. I never had this problem with Borders.
      Very, very nice Mr Boone, well worth the trawling - maybe ??? Anyway, the cover artwork is brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        Very, very nice Mr Boone, well worth the trawling - maybe ??? Anyway, the cover artwork is brilliant
        Thanks, Mr. Woot! The whole series is illustated by Barker's paintings--which is why it takes so long for the next volume to come out. This one was turned in at 1800 pages and the published version is just under 600--seems like a lot didn't make it...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
          Nice cover though! I have got a ticket to the Stephen King event in Boston yay
          Congrats, Tom!!! let us in on how it goes!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Woot! The whole series is illustated by Barker's paintings--which is why it takes so long for the next volume to come out. This one was turned in at 1800 pages and the published version is just under 600--seems like a lot didn't make it...
            Talk about E P I C

Comment

I used to read Barker faithfully, till about a decade (nah, must be closer to two??) ago, when he would begin a new series, but somehow never continue it. Must be me though - I totally lost track of the Arabat series. How many books are there by now? Is this the second? Third? Will there be more?

And, congratulations, Tom!! Enjoy!!

sk
              Last edited by frik51; 10-08-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                ...the Arabat series. How many books are there by now? Is this the second? Third? Will there be more?
                sk
                This is the third book. Funny thing is, the only Barker I've read are his young adult tales: The Thief of Always and Abarat. I know I started The Great and Secret Show, but I can't say if I finished it or not.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sent off for Easton Press' The Martian Chronicles signed by Ray Bradbury.

http://www.eastonpressbooks.com/leat....asp?code=2844

I think it's part of their "Masterpieces of Sci-Fi" collection that they are selling singly (usually a signed volume comes every seventh book in the set. It's not numbered.) It's the original collection of short stories, not like SP's definitive MC volume, but I couldn't pass it up.
                  Last edited by srboone; 10-08-2011, 05:31 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sent off for Easton Press' The Martian Chronicles signed by Ray Bradbury.

http://www.eastonpressbooks.com/leat....asp?code=2844

I think it's part of their "Masterpieces of Sci-Fi" collection that they are selling singly (usually a signed volume comes every seventh book in the set. It's not numbered.) It's the original collection of short stories, not like SP's definitive MC volume, but I couldn't pass it up.
                    Very nice Mr Boone, really like those ridged leather books that Easton does so well - nice score indeed

Comment

This turned up this morning!

Image2.jpg

Really enjoyed Let The Right One In so looking forward to reading this at some point
                      http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Congrats! When I met John at fantasy con he drew an elephant in my copy lol

Comment

Is that a limited edition of sorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                            Is that a limited edition of sorts?
                            It's from Goldsboro books, it's just the standard version I believe, but they're numbered. Not quite sure why, think it's the number he signed for Goldsboro.

Just noticed they've found some stock of the signed Horns by Joe Hill again. Only £14.99 as well
                            http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Very nice indeed Mr Elk

Comment

The signed and dated trade edition of Full Dark, No Stars by King, Night in Lonsome October and The UK signed edition of The Travelling Vampire Show by Laymon as well as the limited edition of Mister B Gone by Clive Barker.
                                Can anyone give me a guess of how much these books are worth? I of course have a good idea, but I'd be interested to know what others think. The trade by King was actually $225, which I thought was kinda high whereas Just After Sunset was $200, both at Betts.
                                And now I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the limited of Weaveworld by Barker since I'm also paying on the Books of Blood limited by Barker as well as the limted edition of Dawn to Dusk by Bradbury too.

Comment

Working...
                                X