Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody pull the trigger on THE BEST OF DARK TERRORS? I don’t buy a lot from Sub Press, but I’m pretty tempted.
    I didn’t, but only because I already have volumes 1 through 5 of the six volumes in their original UK HC 1sts. Otherwise, I’d have been all over it.

One as-yet-unannounced Sub release I’m looking forward to is the new Cargill prequel to SEA OF RUST. Cargill spilled the beans with a cover reveal on Twitter.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 03-18-2021, 06:11 AM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Anybody pull the trigger on THE BEST OF DARK TERRORS? I don’t buy a lot from Sub Press, but I’m pretty tempted. I did wind up ordering a copy of Kiernan’s THE VARIEGATED ALPHABET before it sold out, which I’m excited for.
      Yep, I ordered Dark Terrors. I don't have any of the original volumes, so I'm all over this one!

Comment

I'm glad I waited on this, This is a good deal that is still available guys. https://subterraneanpress.com/best-o...marshall-smith

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          I'm glad I waited on this, This is a good deal that is still available guys. https://subterraneanpress.com/best-o...marshall-smith
          That is a great deal. I just received the limited edition from
          Camelot and can’t wait to dig in.

Comment

SubPress currently has their next Murderbot book, Network Effect, up for pre-order for those who purchased the previous one, The Murderbot Diaries. It is a little pricey, but, considering how fast Murderbot Diaries sold out, you may want to sang a copy now before it is opened-up to the general public. Just picked up my copy!

Comment

Picked up both the the on-sale MMS collection and, as a buyer of MURDERBOT DIARIES, the NETWORK EFFECT novel. Happy to have both!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Picked up both the the on-sale MMS collection and, as a buyer of MURDERBOT DIARIES, the NETWORK EFFECT novel. Happy to have both!
                My MMS arrived today, beautiful copy, what a great deal from Sub Press!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

My MMS arrived today, beautiful copy, what a great deal from Sub Press!!
                  It sure is. I was able to snag a $25 Lansdale that the had the other day. 2 great deals .

Comment

Noticed that Camelot Books has a limited edition copy of The Murderbot Diaries listed for sale at $695.00. Am completely blown away and am glad I picked up my copy from SubPress at the original price.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                      Noticed that Camelot Books has a limited edition copy of The Murderbot Diaries listed for sale at $695.00. Am completely blown away and am glad I picked up my copy from SubPress at the original price.
                      Same. I just wish I'd enjoyed the book more. I finished it a few nights ago...it was my first exposure to the character and stories. I had picked up the book as a kind of impulse buy, after several enthusiastic recommendations from folks whose opinions I trusted and who likened it to John Scalzi's work. I didn't dislike it, mind you, and found portions of it generally entertaining, but it did not live up to my expectations by any measure. I've also pre-ordered the limited of the novel (done before I'd finished DIARIES and my hopes were still high), but can't say I'm anticipating that one to any great degree. Really unfortunate, but sometimes gambles pay off, and sometimes they don't. I'll at least have a matching-number set of the two Sub Press volumes that should do okay on the aftermarket, should I decide to sell.

Comment

Same. I just wish I'd enjoyed the book more. I finished it a few nights ago...it was my first exposure to the character and stories. I had picked up the book as a kind of impulse buy, after several enthusiastic recommendations from folks whose opinions I trusted and who likened it to John Scalzi's work. I didn't dislike it, mind you, and found portions of it generally entertaining, but it did not live up to my expectations by any measure. I've also pre-ordered the limited of the novel (done before I'd finished DIARIES and my hopes were still high), but can't say I'm anticipating that one to any great degree. Really unfortunate, but sometimes gambles pay off, and sometimes they don't. I'll at least have a matching-number set of the two Sub Press volumes that should do okay on the aftermarket, should I decide to sell.
                        I picked this up on Audible long ago as the description sounded like it could be a Scalzi like story. Found it mediocre.

Comment

I really enjoyed the Murderbot novellas - the novel was a chore to read. Not sure if the premise got stale after five novellas, or maybe Muderbot is only good in 125 page doses.

Regardless, I bought the second book from SubPress. Maybe I can just sell them once I have them. Who am I kidding - I don't sell books. I barely can trade them.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            I really enjoyed the Murderbot novellas - the novel was a chore to read. Not sure if the premise got stale after five novellas, or maybe Muderbot is only good in 125 page doses.

Regardless, I bought the second book from SubPress. Maybe I can just sell them once I have them. Who am I kidding - I don't sell books. I barely can trade them.
                            From what I can tell my views on Murderbot is in the minority. I actually read the first two novellas. May or may not bother with any more. I am not really a Sci Fi fan unless it is from Scalzi. Then I am an absolute fanatic!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

From what I can tell my views on Murderbot is in the minority. I actually read the first two novellas. May or may not bother with any more. I am not really a Sci Fi fan unless it is from Scalzi. Then I am an absolute fanatic!
                              Yes, we seem to be a minority of two...others just seem to love this series, and while I guess I can objectively understand why, the subjective experience of reading them fell short for me.

Comment

Yes, we seem to be a minority of two...others just seem to love this series, and while I guess I can objectively understand why, the subjective experience of reading them fell short for me.
                                Yea, I keep trying to find someone to read between Scalzi novels. I will probably give up and re-read the entire Old Man's War series.

Comment

Working...
                                X