No announcement yet.

Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that not previously announced? I could have sworn thatI saw that title (and cover) before...

Maybe Bill had posted it on the Facebook group previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      Was that not previously announced? I could have sworn thatI saw that title (and cover) before...

Maybe Bill had posted it on the Facebook group previously.
      Could be. If so, I missed it, and just saw it in the newsletter this morning.

Comment

Trying to figure out if I need the numbered, even though of course I would like it, or if the trade is sufficient. I have all of his short story collections and his chapbooks, so I do kind of wonder how much of this content I haven’t already read. The sales blurb mentions that some of it is uncollected, but I wonder if that’s primarily just the chapbooks...
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Camelot finally posted the Michael Marshall Smith book on their website so I snagged a copy. While I couldn't pull the trigger on the $150 price tag right now, I definitely did not want to miss out on this one. The lettered edition would have been very happy on my shelf, but I'm content with a copy of the limited.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Trying to figure out if I need the numbered, even though of course I would like it, or if the trade is sufficient. I have all of his short story collections and his chapbooks, so I do kind of wonder how much of this content I haven’t already read. The sales blurb mentions that some of it is uncollected, but I wonder if that’s primarily just the chapbooks...
            I'd go with the limited. Even if it just the chapbooks that are included, it would be nice to have those stories in a nicely bound hardcover.

Comment

This seems like a long shot but does anyone know If there is any copies of stories of your life by chiang available somewhere on the internet? Lol. I can’t seem to find a copy anywhere. Also what would be a reasonable price for this. Also isn’t sub press doing his new book as well

Comment

Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
                This seems like a long shot but does anyone know If there is any copies of stories of your life by chiang available somewhere on the internet? Lol. I can’t seem to find a copy anywhere. Also what would be a reasonable price for this. Also isn’t sub press doing his new book as well
                There's a copy of the limited on Abebooks for $399.99. Camelot Books also has a lettered edition on consignment for $1,100. I have no idea what the going rate for this book is, though. And, yes, Subterranean is doing his next collection, Exhalation, but it's already sold out at the publisher.
                Stories Of Your Life and Others by Chiang, Ted and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com.

Comment

Thanks for the response. 399 seems a little high considering the book was sold at $125. I mean I could see paying in the $200- $225 range?? I mean it’s not like we are talking a king limited edition here, I don’t think the value in this book has increased 300 percent in 2 years. I don’t know though, guess all I can do is make and offer and see what they say

thanks again

Comment

I recently sold copies of Swan Song and Boy's Life for triple what I paid. Hell, copies of Gideon the Ninth are going for more than 5x issue price, and that's only been out for like two months. Issue price and age have very little to do with price if it's a hot book.

Comment

Holy Cow!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        I recently sold copies of Swan Song and Boy's Life for triple what I paid. Hell, copies of Gideon the Ninth are going for more than 5x issue price, and that's only been out for like two months. Issue price and age have very little to do with price if it's a hot book.
                        Yes, I should have bought Gideon the Ninth when it was released. I hadn't read it at the time, and wasn't sure if it was something I'd really be interested in. By the time I read it, and really enjoyed it, too late!

I'm running out of shelf space yet again, so I shouldn't be buying everything in sight. I have 38 books on order right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yes, I should have bought Gideon the Ninth when it was released. I hadn't read it at the time, and wasn't sure if it was something I'd really be interested in. By the time I read it, and really enjoyed it, too late!

I'm running out of shelf space yet again, so I shouldn't be buying everything in sight. I have 38 books on order right now.
                          Cemetery Dance has one up for auction currently. Looks like the price may go high but it is worth checking out. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Limi...s/154015665078

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Cemetery Dance has one up for auction currently. Looks like the price may go high but it is worth checking out. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Limi...s/154015665078
                            I saw that. It was at around $85 when I saw it. I bid up to $130 before quitting, and it's at $147.50 right now. I'll pass!

Comment

It felt like Gideon had sold out in record time. The demand for that edition is HUGE right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I saw that. It was at around $85 when I saw it. I bid up to $130 before quitting, and it's at $147.50 right now. I'll pass!
                                Yeah, CD's eBay auctions always seem to go way above usual market prices. Confidence in the seller, I suppose.
                                Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 07-22-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X