Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone else pick up the special that Jared sent out this morning for those who purchased The Long Walk (Alan Dean Foster's The Director Should Have Shot You)? I originally passed when that book was first offered by Centipede but couldn't do so a second time at the $8 price-point. Have never read anything by this author, but have fingers crossed that this book will be enjoyable. Hoping that I will be since I am a fan of a lot of those movies.
    I loved ADF's Flinx books when I read them back in the late '70s/early '80s, and his memoir was a great read, better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I loved ADF's Flinx books when I read them back in the late '70s/early '80s, and his memoir was a great read, better than expected.
      I believe my first ADF book was the novelization of Aliens. I had to be around ten or eleven and had never seen the movie. The book knocked my socks back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm hard pressed to think that it is going to be over $500. I haven't heard a thing about its production values, but I just don't see it getting anything near the treatment that Hill House did.
        Today’s newsletter said it’s going to be $400. Small relief.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

I’m going to have to skip this one…hopefully there’ll be a later deluxe trade reprint like he did with THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm really excited for the Centipede version of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein.

Keep telling myself that I don't need the over priced (out of print) Dark Horse Comics version (but if I found a deal on eBay or elsewhere I'd jump at it) and I can wait for the CP edition.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I'm really excited for the Centipede version of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein.

Keep telling myself that I don't need the over priced (out of print) Dark Horse Comics version (but if I found a deal on eBay or elsewhere I'd jump at it) and I can wait for the CP edition.
              Charles Grants Check! Club Duma Check! Dark Carnival Check. And a few others for sure.....

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Definitely, but still more than I had thought it was going to land at. My wallet is wishing that it was cheaper, but my collector's OCD is happy as it sounds like Castle might aesthetically match Hill House making it a nice looking set on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Charles Grants Check! Club Duma Check! Dark Carnival Check. And a few others for sure.....
                  There are so many good titles on the forthcoming list. I'm particularly excited for the MotWT Charles Grant volumes. I really wish that Jerad would do more of Grant's books. Dumas is at a significantly higher price point than what I had expected. I'm sure this is to help separate it from the Sub Press edition, but I had a little bit of sticker shock. And more McDowell!

I'm also very intrigued by the upcoming Weird Tales book. This sounds to be a very interesting project and look forward to getting it into my hands.

Last but not least...GHOST STORY and SHADOWLAND!!! Man, it might be at the end of the year (and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get pushed into Spring 2024 with the all the various delays publishers have been dealing with), but these are two big ones for me. If there are deluxe editions, I'm gonna have to break the bank to get them.

Comment

There are so many good titles on the forthcoming list. I'm particularly excited for the MotWT Charles Grant volumes. I really wish that Jerad would do more of Grant's books. Dumas is at a significantly higher price point than what I had expected. I'm sure this is to help separate it from the Sub Press edition, but I had a little bit of sticker shock. And more McDowell!

I'm also very intrigued by the upcoming Weird Tales book. This sounds to be a very interesting project and look forward to getting it into my hands.

Last but not least...GHOST STORY and SHADOWLAND!!! Man, it might be at the end of the year (and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get pushed into Spring 2024 with the all the various delays publishers have been dealing with), but these are two big ones for me. If there are deluxe editions, I'm gonna have to break the bank to get them.
                    Agree!

Comment

There are so many good titles on the forthcoming list.
                      When it comes to a Centipede Press release schedule, it's much easier (and shorter) to list those titles I *don't* want...

As far as the Grant, I'm not usually a MotWT guy -- I have only three (Wagner, Burks, and Jacobi) -- but I think I'm going to go for this one. The PS Pub collection of a few years ago, SCREAM QUIETLY, was okay, but I felt it left a good deal of room for improvement. This Centipede collection should be just the ticket.

Comment

I'm thrilled to see this!

Blood of the Impaler by Jeffrey Sackett. $75. Probably June.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                          I'm thrilled to see this!

As soon as I saw this title announced, I remembered that there was one person I knew who was a big fan of it and that I’d talked to briefly about it…must’ve been you, Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

As soon as I saw this title announced, I remembered that there was one person I knew who was a big fan of it and that I’d talked to briefly about it…must’ve been you, Hunter.
                            Hmm, never heard of this one. I just bought the kindle edition to see if I like it enough to spend money on the CP edition (as if we don't already know the answer to that question).

Comment

Just received my copy of Stephen King's "The Long Walk" as well as Alan Dean Foster's "The Director Should Have Shot You" from Centipede. Each production looks amazing! "The Long Walk" is a much thicker book than I was expecting. Don't remember the novella being quite that long; however, it has been many years since I read the Bachman book collection. In terms of the Foster book, it was a complete impulse buy for me. Decided to purchase it since Jerad was offering signed copies at $15 dollars with the purchase of "Long Walk". Have never read anything by this author; however, I love most of the movies that the order-page mentioned; so, I'm sure that there's a good chance that I will like it. Worst case, it cost me less than ordering a pizza!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                                Just received my copy of Stephen King's "The Long Walk" as well as Alan Dean Foster's "The Director Should Have Shot You" from Centipede. Each production looks amazing! "The Long Walk" is a much thicker book than I was expecting. Don't remember the novella being quite that long; however, it has been many years since I read the Bachman book collection. In terms of the Foster book, it was a complete impulse buy for me. Decided to purchase it since Jerad was offering signed copies at $15 dollars with the purchase of "Long Walk". Have never read anything by this author; however, I love most of the movies that the order-page mentioned; so, I'm sure that there's a good chance that I will like it. Worst case, it cost me less than ordering a pizza!
                                I think you'll like the ADF book. I was expecting it to be a decent read, but it was better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X