No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose people here got the signed Powers of Darkness. I missed out, I blew it on the time change. I'm considering ordering an unsigned copy. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

yeah, got one. didn't think it would sell out in less than 30 minutes!

Comment

Might want to hurry, Cap, if you want one…those unsigned ones probably aren’t going to last too long, either.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

If you can swing it I would go for it. I'm passing as my budget is a little thin now but it hurts to do so.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          I suppose people here got the signed Powers of Darkness. I missed out, I blew it on the time change. I'm considering ordering an unsigned copy. ~Cap
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
            yeah, got one. didn't think it would sell out in less than 30 minutes!
            How much was a signed copy? ~Cap

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Might want to hurry, Cap, if you want one…those unsigned ones probably aren’t going to last too long, either.
              I'll go back to the CP site soon. I'm finishing doing some cleaning in my room. ~Cap
              ~And I just snagged an unsigned copy.
              Last edited by c marvel; 08-07-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

All now Sold Out.

Comment

Congrats to all that bought a copy. It pained me to pass.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  All now Sold Out.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm not really sure why this particular title from CP generated so much interest, frankly. I mean, by all accounts it's (most likely) a 100 + year old piece of Swedish Fan Fiction- and not a very good one at that. Any claims that it was based on some mythical "early draft" of DRACULA are spurious at best. I mean, hey- was I ready to hit "Buy" at 8;30 pst this morning? Heck yeah, but I'm a life-long collector of neat DRACSTUFF. I'm sure as are many here. But the hundreds (I think it may be in the thousands now?) folks on the CP Fans Facebook page who whipped this one up to a frenzy the last month or two... I am not so sure, based on some of the comments. Unfair of me to speculate based on comments, but- I'll do it anyway.

In any case- it looks like a fun perusal "read" for me, and certainly one for the Drac Collection.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                      I'm not really sure why this particular title from CP generated so much interest, frankly. I mean, by all accounts it's (most likely) a 100 + year old piece of Swedish Fan Fiction- and not a very good one at that. Any claims that it was based on some mythical "early draft" of DRACULA are spurious at best. I mean, hey- was I ready to hit "Buy" at 8;30 pst this morning? Heck yeah, but I'm a life-long collector of neat DRACSTUFF. I'm sure as are many here. But the hundreds (I think it may be in the thousands now?) folks on the CP Fans Facebook page who whipped this one up to a frenzy the last month or two... I am not so sure, based on some of the comments. Unfair of me to speculate based on comments, but- I'll do it anyway.

In any case- it looks like a fun perusal "read" for me, and certainly one for the Drac Collection.
                      Agreed. Don’t see the appeal at all in this one, except to die hard Dracula collectors.

Now Dracula is a bonafid genre classic, but even at 400 or so pages, it runs a little long (I’ve read it several times).

Certainly don’t need an 800 page version, especially one that is soaked in late 1800’s Swedish political propaganda.

B

Comment

My reasoning is that I don’t currently have a copy of DRACULA in my collection, believe it or not, and needed to remedy that. Add in that it’s a Centipede release — my favorite small press — and unsubstantiated skepticism aside about the origins of POWERS (that’s not seen an unabridged reprint in a century), you’ve got arguably the most interesting example possible of a seminal horror classic that I’ve needed for decades to add to my library. It’s even priced right, for what it is. For me, it wasn’t about the hype that apparently was present on Facebook, a venue I don’t use, rather it was simply a Must Have for all the personally relevant reasons listed above, and I’m thrilled I snagged a signed copy.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Agreed. Don’t see the appeal at all in this one, except to die hard Dracula collectors.

Now Dracula is a bonafid genre classic, but even at 400 or so pages, it runs a little long (I’ve read it several times).

Certainly don’t need an 800 page version, especially one that is soaked in late 1800’s Swedish political propaganda.

B
                          I know it sounds strange, but I read this version offers some interesting improvements over the original.

Comment

I bought a signed copy (also $135 - I saw someone asked above). As Ron said, this is an intriguing piece of Dracula history no matter what. I'm happy to add it to my vampire book section.

Comment

I am looking forward to this as well. These translator variations are interesting. We now can add this to the version from Iceland and the bootleg from Turkey that are avalable in English. Those who think this is Bram Stoker's "Directors Cut" are certainly going to be disappointed. But look at those illustrations.

Comment

This was one I had interest in depending on specifics. Sunday, I did not look at email until around noon and they were already sold out. I would probably have bought one at $135.00. Not checking email saved me some money.

Comment

Working...
                                X