Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Agreed —it’s very frustrating, and I’ve never understood why they often do it, why they wouldn’t want to increase their potential marketing draw by at least a third by including us in the PST time zone. All it takes is waiting a few hours...sure seems like Noon Eastern and 9am PST would be the wise way to go.
    Ultimately the stuff is selling out with just east coast and European folks, so I don't know that they're too worried about expanding the draw.

I do get the frustration, though, and have commented several times in places I know that Bill reads that they shouldn't put stuff on sale before half the country is awake.

Comment

I buy from a few books from a British Publisher, Anderida Books, I had to get up or stay up, to get a Copy of Rothfuss's Name of the Wind, it was a bit of an Adventure, but worth it in the end. I do agree if you used in the middle of the day it would be better for everybody. I know they read the Forum, so maybe they'll take the advice.

Comment

On the flip side, I'm sure I've been able to snag a few desirable items only because competition was lower due to the 8 a.m. EST sale time...

Hey, Bill - ignore what I said earlier

Comment

Well, aren't you the evil one LOL!!!

Comment

Anyone know what the Romaan numeral editions designate in Centipede books? They appear to be the same as the regular numbered editions.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
              Anyone know what the Romaan numeral editions designate in Centipede books? They appear to be the same as the regular numbered editions.
              They are essentially PC copies, given out to the contributors or other folks helpful in the production of the piece. Centipede doesn't mark theirs as PC, choosing instead to use Roman numerals.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

They are essentially PC copies, given out to the contributors or other folks helpful in the production of the piece. Centipede doesn't mark theirs as PC, choosing instead to use Roman numerals.
                What’s interesting is that I’m seeing these editions turn up a little more often and some are being pitched as a rare edition.

It is cool that Centipede does this for their PC copies but I wouldn’t pay extra for a “Roman Numeral” edition. On the flip side, I don’t see these editions going for less than their regular numbered counterparts as you would for a CD or Sub Press book.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

What’s interesting is that I’m seeing these editions turn up a little more often and some are being pitched as a rare edition.

It is cool that Centipede does this for their PC copies but I wouldn’t pay extra for a “Roman Numeral” edition. On the flip side, I don’t see these editions going for less than their regular numbered counterparts as you would for a CD or Sub Press book.
                  You're seeing them showing up because Jerad has been overselling some titles and offering them to people to avoid having to cancel orders. For example, both my Elric and Fafhrd sets are from the PC run.

As far as them being advertised as a rarer edition... The argument I use most often for folks trying to claim PC copies (marked PC) are somehow rarer is that there are multiple copies marked 'PC', but only one copy marked '1' or '100' or whatever, but with the Centipede PC copies, there's only one copy marked 'I' or 'V' or whatever. I'd say there's an actual argument in favor of those PC copies being somehow rarer, though I don't know that I'd agree with it and I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for such a copy.

Comment

I’m with you guys. I miss out on quite a bit due to being on the west coast. Even a shift to 10am EST/7am PST would make it easier. Getting up at 430-445am for one of their 50% Off sales is not the most fun. Luckily, I don’t buy a lot from Sub Press so it doesn’t impact me that much.
                    I believe Cemetery Dance waits till 10 or 11 eastern time to announce their major titles. It seems that way. ......at least for the King titles

Comment

Thanks Ron.

Comment

Jerad announced that he was looking to publish a book called Alligator at some point. I hope he makes it part of the Vintage Horrors series!

CP Press.jpg

Comment

ALLIGATOR sounds like fun. I was thinking this was going to be in the Vintage Horror line too, but in today’s newsletter Jerad was discussing various trim sizes for the book and that it’s a “standalone novel”. I wonder what qualifies a title for the Vintage Horror line? And I wonder how popular the line is? The titles don’t seem to sell as fast as others. Though who knows with what will sell and what won’t some times. The latest Rasnic Tem title was a STEAL but took quite awhile to sell out.

On another note, that’s a cool slipcase for the Vintage Horror books.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            Jerad announced that he was looking to publish a book called Alligator at some point. I hope he makes it part of the Vintage Horrors series!

CP Press.jpg
                            Too funny — since he was soliciting ideas on trim size, I sent him an email suggesting that very thing, to add it to the Vintage Horror series rather than a standalone, which takes care of the trim size question. Sure seems like a natural candidate for the series.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

A copy of A MOUNTAIN WALKED is currently sitting at $843 with a little over an hour to go until the auction ends. I was hoping all the BIN prices I’ve seen were over-priced but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Comment

ALLIGATOR sounds like fun. I was thinking this was going to be in the Vintage Horror line too, but in today’s newsletter Jerad was discussing various trim sizes for the book and that it’s a “standalone novel”. I wonder what qualifies a title for the Vintage Horror line? And I wonder how popular the line is? The titles don’t seem to sell as fast as others. Though who knows with what will sell and what won’t some times. The latest Rasnic Tem title was a STEAL but took quite awhile to sell out.

On another note, that’s a cool slipcase for the Vintage Horror books.
                                Thanks Sock! I actually bought ten of these a few years from Jerad when he was having a warehouse sale. I wish I had bought 50 of them lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X