Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

This is where you messed up, the movie is just...impenetrable if you haven't read the book. Even if you have, it's a still a shitty movie.
    I tried the book first and just could not make myself care about what I was reading. I will admit the movie probably plays a part in my refusal to try again.

Comment

Dune is one of my all time favorites. Everything else that followed was epilogue in my opinion.

Comment

Agreed. It is just not my thing.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I tried the book first and just could not make myself care about what I was reading. I will admit the movie probably plays a part in my refusal to try again.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          I don’t want to speak for Jared, but based on my conversations with him last week, those interested in buying DUNE should be aware that it requires a commitment of buying the entire DUNE series (unless it doesn’t sell out in the advance pre-order, which I think is highly unlikely), which Centipede will be publishing at $500+ per volume. Not sure if everybody was aware of that or not...I wasn’t, so had to decline my spot on the advance notification list for DUNE.
          He asked (way back) to indicate whether you would be interested in buying the set, or just the first book. I told him to put me on the list for the first book, and that I wouldn't be buying the remaining five. Maybe if you committed to all six at that point, he might hold you to it.

Comment

I’m sure there’s quite a bit of people who only want the first DUNE book. Even at the higher price point, I think the book is going to be pretty desirable on the aftermarket.

I’m planning on getting the whole set. We’ll see how that goes.

Comment

Dune is one of those books that everyone either loves or hates and it's o e of the classics that I haven't read yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Dune is one of those books that everyone either loves or hates and it's o e of the classics that I haven't read yet.
                It took a few attempts for me to get into it back in the '80s. Once I did, though, I really liked it. I read a few of the follow-up books, but I remember getting bored with them and giving up on the series. I think Dune itself is a fine stand-alone novel.

Comment

Subterranean Press is selling "Fahrenheit 451" for $600. Just got the email.

Comment

Sorry! That is $95.00

Comment

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" is $600.00!

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                        "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is $600.00!
                        And now gone! Their copies didn’t last long at all.

Comment

And Fahrenheit is gone too!

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                            Subterranean Press is selling "Fahrenheit 451" for $600. Just got the email.
                            Wish the East Coast publishers like SubPress would send their emails later in the day so that people on the West Coast, like myself, would have a better/equal chance at obtaining their limited stock items. Same with their online sales which begin 8am eastern time which is 5am for me. Oh well, some things aren't meant to be I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Wish the East Coast publishers like SubPress would send their emails later in the day so that people on the West Coast, like myself, would have a better/equal chance at obtaining their limited stock items. Same with their online sales which begin 8am eastern time which is 5am for me. Oh well, some things aren't meant to be I guess.
                              Agreed —it’s very frustrating, and I’ve never understood why they often do it, why they wouldn’t want to increase their potential marketing draw by at least a third by including us in the PST time zone. All it takes is waiting a few hours...sure seems like Noon Eastern and 9am PST would be the wise way to go.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I’m with you guys. I miss out on quite a bit due to being on the west coast. Even a shift to 10am EST/7am PST would make it easier. Getting up at 430-445am for one of their 50% Off sales is not the most fun. Luckily, I don’t buy a lot from Sub Press so it doesn’t impact me that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X