Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swintek View Post

I love that Folio edition, as well as my trusty ol' Easton Press copy, which I've read a few times. I'm also going to live with what I already have, and jealously stare at the others' pics of the (no doubt) goegeous CP when it emerges.

RE: LIVE GIRLS: Since it'll "only" be $65, and I am a big Garton collector, I'm sure I'll be picking this one up, but, yeah- tough when there is a perfectly nice CD S/L on my shelf. The CD edition was a "premium" book from them at the time- at (also) $65- and is illustrated, slipcased, and came with that soundtrack CD. Tough for CP to top, honestly, and at that price point, I don't expect a lot of bells & whistles. Wonder if that will be a rare slow sell out for Jerad.
    I didn't see the price on Live Girls previously. Is that firm or was that Jerad's estimate. As a guy who doesn't own any edition of that book, this might be one I grab.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I didn't see the price on Live Girls previously. Is that firm or was that Jerad's estimate. As a guy who doesn't own any edition of that book, this might be one I grab.
      Oh boy- now you're putting my shaky memory on the spot, but- I do believe that was his "estimated" price. I think he has to price this one to move. Honestly, the Garton "market" has always been very soft, with pretty much ALL of his many limited editions over the years being widely available on the second hand market for at or below original prices. Live Girls may be somewhat of a rare exception, though. It has seemed to me that CD's edition has always been pretty easy to acquire, but maybe that has changed in recent years?

Comment

Lots of comments earlier in this thread r.e. the new set of William Hjortsberg’s FALLING ANGEL and its sequel...in response to this, I thought I would feature my inscribed (to me) copy of Hjortsberg’s NEVERMORE on Twitter today. You can see pics here:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...936987650?s=21

He and I corresponded a bit in the early ‘90s, and he was kind enough to send me an ARC of his new book.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Here are the prices mentioned in the last newsletter. THey do not sound like estimates to me:

Okay, here’s a rundown of what titles are coming down the pike this fall and into February 2021. Along with that is a mention of some titles that we have recently acquired rights for. A lot of good, heavily illustrated books coming your way!

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.
          End of September. The binding on this is really meticulous. $495.

Dune by Frank Herbert.
          Hopefully Halloween. Very large book with a lot of detail work still to do. $495 probably.

Speaker for the Dead and Ender’s Way by Orson Scott Card.
          December. Prices to be determined, but around $225 each.

The Revenge of the Rose (Elric volume 5) by Michael Moorcock.
          December. $150.

Punktown Trilogy by Jeffrey Thomas.
          January or February. Currently printing, this set of 3 books still needs slipcases. $225 for the set.

Nifft the Lean by Michael Shea.
          Probably December. $95.

Live Girls by Ray Garton. October. $65.

A Beastly Business and Blue Octavo by John Blackburn.
          Hopefully October for both. $65 each.

Dr. Futurity, The Cosmic Puppets, and Vulcan’s Hammer by Philip K. Dick.
          Hopefully December for all. $95 each.

The Swords of Lankhmar by Fritz Leiber. $85. Probably February 2021.
          February

Children of the Kingdom by T.E.D. Klein.
          February 2021. Letterpress printing done. Letterpress two-color illustrations done.

Dark Star and The Director Should’ve Shot You
          by Alan Dean Foster.
          December for the first, May or June 2021 for the second.

The Last of Philip Banter and Devil Take the Blue-Tail Fly by John Franklin Bardin.
          December or January. $60 each.

Waltz Into Darkness and the third volume of short stories by Cornell Woolrich.
          January or February. $75 each.

Okay, here’s a rundown of what titles are coming down the pike this fall and into February 2021. Along with that is a mention of some titles that we have recently acquired rights for. A lot of good, heavily illustrated books coming your way!

Dune by Frank Herbert.
          Hopefully Halloween. Very large book with a lot of detail work still to do. $495 probably.

December. $150.

January or February. Currently printing, this set of 3 books still needs slipcases. $225 for the set.

Probably December. $95.

February

February 2021. Letterpress printing done. Letterpress two-color illustrations done.

by Alan Dean Foster.

The Last of Philip Banter and Devil Take the Blue-Tail Fly by John Franklin Bardin.

Comment

None of Ray's books have really gone up in value; even Live Girls can usually be found in the neighborhood of list price, which is actually a discount when you factor in inflation. Hell, I got a lettered copy for $85 a couple of years ago. I've actually picked up several of Ray's lettereds over the last few years, and never paid more than $100.

Windows tends to go for quite a bit over list, but that almost certainly is entirely due to Joe Hill's signature.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              None of Ray's books have really gone up in value; even Live Girls can usually be found in the neighborhood of list price, which is actually a discount when you factor in inflation. Hell, I got a lettered copy for $85 a couple of years ago. I've actually picked up several of Ray's lettereds over the last few years, and never paid more than $100.

Windows tends to go for quite a bit over list, but that almost certainly is entirely due to Joe Hill's signature.
              I am confused. Windows only has Chadbourne and Garton signatures. Are you referring to Looking Glass?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am confused. Windows only has Chadbourne and Garton signatures. Are you referring to Looking Glass?
                I am. I always get those two confused.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I am. I always get those two confused.
                  Until you mentioned it I had never thought of the fact that the first two Signature books had Garton's signature.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to post about that latest info dump in last week's Centipede newsletter, so while I'm late to the party, I'm ready to dance!

First, HOLY. BISCUITS. This might be one of the most impressive lists of books that I've seen lined up in a while. I keep reading the list and getting excited more and more as I go down it. There's so much interesting stuff.

So beyond everything that has been previously announced that is pretty amazing--SOMETHING WICKED, DUNE, More ENDER, CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM, NIFFT THE LEAN, LIVE GIRLS--there are some standout new additions that got me excited.

1. Two new Blackburn novels--A BEASTLY BUSINESS and BLUE OCTAVO--that has been hinted at before but I'm not sure the titles were released. I could be wrong, but, hey, more Blackburn!

2. DARK STAR and THE DIRECTOR SHOULD'VE SHOT YOU by Alan Dean Foster: Mr. Alan Dean Foster was a fixture for me during my youth for his movie adaptations since I wasn't allowed to see most of the movies he adapted, including ALIENS. Now we get an adaptation of the John Carpenter movie AND a book about his movie adaptations. I'm pretty excited for these. Now if Centipede would do an edition of his novel INTO THE OUT OF...(I'm sure the book isn't that good but I have fond memories).

3. SHADOWLAND!! Not only are they doing one of my favorite books of all time--GHOST STORY--but now they have added SHADOWLAND to the mix. This title definitely deserves a new limited edition. I have the Gauntlet edition, but it is pretty bare bones.

4. THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR by Anne River Siddons--I think this is going to be a big one. This book has gotten more talk over the last couple years and I think this will definitely raise its profile. Maybe I should finally get around to reading the paperback I've had laying around for years.

5. A new run of THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN titles, THE DYING EARTH by Jack Vance, and RINGWORLD by Larry Niven are all pretty substantial additions. I can't speak to any of them as I only know the books by reputation, but I'm very interested in all of them.

6. COLD MOON OVER BABYLON--Glad to see that more Michael McDowell is on its way. Man, I hate the fact I missed out on the BLACKWATER books.

7. A trio of Studies in the Horror Film books that I'm actually really interested in: THE THING, THE OMEN, and PHANTASM.

8. THE CLUB DUMAS! Another book that has had a limited edition, but I'm sure that Jerad will do something new with it.

There's a lot more on the list, but these are all the ones that really jumped out at me. I'm super-impressed and I know where a whole lot of my future disposable income will be going!

Comment

Into the out of is a great book! I loved it, probably my favorite Foster. what is that in the corner of your eye, the whole playing with perception this was great!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Into the out of is a great book! I loved it, probably my favorite Foster. what is that in the corner of your eye, the whole playing with perception this was great!
                        Hey, someone else remembers INTO THE OUT OF! I've always assumed that since I read it when I was young that it probably didn't hold up. I'm glad to hear it does. Now I want to track down an old paperback copy to re-read. Or we can combine our powers and convince Jerad to publish a limited edition!

Comment

Received my Ramsey Campbell MotWT set today. While these are always nice editions, this set really kicks it up a notch. From the illustrations on the boards to the quality of the paper, this just a gorgeous set.

Comment

I'm interested in Live Girls and The House Next Door. House is a great book. I'm also interested in the Grant collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Here are the prices mentioned in the last newsletter. THey do not sound like estimates to me:

Dune by Frank Herbert.

December. $150.

Probably December. $95.

February

by Alan Dean Foster.

Dune by Frank Herbert.

December. $150.

Probably December. $95.

February

by Alan Dean Foster.

I want the last title. I settled on a paperback version of Volume One-Speak To Me Of Death and I have a hardcover of Volume Two-Stories To Be Whispered. ~Cap
                              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                                I want the last title. I settled on a paperback version of Volume One-Speak To Me Of Death and I have a hardcover of Volume Two-Stories To Be Whispered. ~Cap
                                You’re ahead of me. I missed out on all the Woolrich titles and have been trying to find reasonably priced copies of the HCs.

I’ve especially been looking for a copy of the limited of SPEAK TO ME OF DEATH for a awhile and just missed out on a copy on EBay for $200. Someone enjoyed that deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X