Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

You’re ahead of me. I missed out on all the Woolrich titles and have been trying to find reasonably priced copies of the HCs.

I’ve especially been looking for a copy of the limited of SPEAK TO ME OF DEATH for a awhile and just missed out on a copy on EBay for $200. Someone enjoyed that deal.
    $200? Wow! I love eBay, Glad I went w. a paperback for STMOD. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Something longtime Centipede supporters may recognize:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...742221825?s=21
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great Ron!

Comment

Those are gems, for sure.

Comment

Anybody snag a copy of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES?

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Yes, I couldn't pass on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Yes, I couldn't pass on that one!
                Same. There are a select number of genre books that deserve the title of “an enduring classic”, and SWTWC is certainly near the top of that list.

Comment

I would have if I didn't have the Folio Society edition and just bought a new Suntup book. I'm mostly a $50 to $300 Centipede Press customer. I'm thrilled and very lucky that both the Watts set and the Falling Angel set fell into that range.

Comment

I had an intense internal debate lasting about 30 seconds on whether to buy this one or not. In the end I would have had serious regrets if I passed. I share Ron's view on the significance of this story!

Comment

I’m in for a copy as well. I don’t remember loving the book when I first read it but I think that was due to all the hype of it being “A Classic”. I recall enjoying quite a bit.

I too would have regretted passing on it, though. From the sounds of it, this will probably considered the definitive edition. Jerad never oversells his editions. At times, it feels like he undersells them and you wonder if the price point is going to be warranted as with the recent CHILDHOOD’S END. Then the book comes out and it knocks you back in your seat a little bit. With a book at this price point ($600!!), I’m sure it’s going to be amazing.

And as we know, tracking down these Centipede editions on the aftermarket is brutal. And expensive.

I’m just worried about the ol’ pocket book, because it’s been an expensive Centipede year already with THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE and SWTWC...and soon there will be DUNE.

Now all bets are off if Jerad does one of his deluxe editions of GHOST STORY. I’ll sell a freaking kidney if need be.

Comment

Yep! I'm very much a slut for Ray Bradbury AND Neil Gaiman. I usually don't spend that much on Centipede Press titles, but I knew that I'd regret skipping this one.

Comment

The additional $100 over the earlier estimated price gave me pause for a few minutes, given that this is the most I’ve ever spent on any single book. It was an experience that was equal parts excitement (for the book, which should arrive in 45 days) and horror (at spending that much for one lone book), thrill and dread, satisfaction and regret, surety and uncertainty. I don’t have the mindset to play in the high-end collectors’ sandbox very often, but I knew I’d regret passing on what sounds like the grandest production Centipede has ever done on what is one of my favorite books of all time. And I knew I wouldn’t stand a chance on it in the aftermarket. Nice thing about this hobby, though, is I can sell other books to support decisions like this, and now have two piles of books on the counter ready to list on eBay.

Comment

I own the 1962 Simon and Schuster 1st edition, the 1963 Rupert Hart-Davis edition, the Gauntlet edition, the PS edition, the Folio edition, so do I really need the Centipede Press edition...You're damn right I do LOL!! Like Ron, this is a record for me, I have laid out $500 for a book and yes, it was also a Bradbury title, The Arkham edition of Dark Carnival.

Comment

The additional $100 over the earlier estimated price gave me pause for a few minutes, given that this is the most I’ve ever spent on any single book. It was an experience that was equal parts excitement (for the book, which should arrive in 45 days) and horror (at spending that much for one lone book), thrill and dread, satisfaction and regret, surety and uncertainty. I don’t have the mindset to play in the high-end collectors’ sandbox very often, but I knew I’d regret passing on what sounds like the grandest production Centipede has ever done on what is one of my favorite books of all time. And I knew I wouldn’t stand a chance on it in the aftermarket. Nice thing about this hobby, though, is I can sell other books to support decisions like this, and now have two piles of books on the counter ready to list on eBay.
                              This is where getting old and losing your marbles helps. I thought he original estimated was a $575 retail so the jump to $600 wasn't too shocking. I just went back and sure enough it was $495.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                I own the 1962 Simon and Schuster 1st edition, the 1963 Rupert Hart-Davis edition, the Gauntlet edition, the PS edition, the Folio edition, so do I really need the Centipede Press edition...You're damn right I do LOL!! Like Ron, this is a record for me, I have laid out $500 for a book and yes, it was also a Bradbury title, The Arkham edition of Dark Carnival.
                                This would be the one edition to rule them all, I'm sure. I regretted passing on this one more than I regretted passing on Hill House. I'm actually really finding myself anxious for Live Girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X