I purchased the new Malerman SST set today. ~Cap
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Congrats!

I was feelin' frisky today. ~Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I wish I was but I don't think this set is in the cards for me. I keep coming back to it, in my head, but I really think I need to slow my book buying roll.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

I was feelin' frisky today. ~Cap
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            I wish I was but I don't think this set is in the cards for me. I keep coming back to it, in my head, but I really think I need to slow my book buying roll.

I know exactly what you mean about the book buying. Sometimes I look around myself and think I've lost my mind or I'm crazy. ~Cap
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Yeah, he'll probably continue numbers for previous customers and then assign new numbers to new customers. Wouldn't hurt to email him with your order number and make a request if you have one. Or just ask for the lowest number available if that's your bag.
              Thanks for the suggestion. Sent an email, and got a real kind response, real quick too. He also said that im getting number 7 for the set. Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyb View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. Sent an email, and got a real kind response, real quick too. He also said that im getting number 7 for the set. Woohoo!
                Paul not only publishes great books but is a master at customer service.

Comment

If anyone’s interested, I created an SST fan group on Facebook. I know Facebook is where privacy and facts go to die but I thought SST should get the attention they deserve. And Paul Fry has already stopped by and he’s reading the posts. So if anything it’ll be a great place to get questions answered.

and maybe have some fun? I don’t know.

just search FANS OF SST PUBLICATIONS. I’ll let you in.

Comment

Wish I'd grabbed the Malerman set. Was on vacation and didn't pay much attention to my email.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      If anyone’s interested, I created an SST fan group on Facebook. I know Facebook is where privacy and facts go to die but I thought SST should get the attention they deserve. And Paul Fry has already stopped by and he’s reading the posts. So if anything it’ll be a great place to get questions answered.

and maybe have some fun? I don’t know.

just search FANS OF SST PUBLICATIONS. I’ll let you in.
                      I clicked in!

Comment

The Malerman set was a very cool announcement by SST. My only issue is that I have already purchased/ordered the first two books of the set, Birdbox & Malorie, from DRP; so, I will probably only purchase the last two books, Unbury Carol & Inspection, from SST. Not a big fan of having multiple limited editions of the same title in my collection; however, maybe my collecting ocd for matching sets will sway me the other way. On a side note- I wonder why SST didn't include a limited for Black Mad Wheel. I don't believe that title has been done as a limited edition yet and including it would have meant that all of Malerman's novels would have a limited version on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          The Malerman set was a very cool announcement by SST. My only issue is that I have already purchased/ordered the first two books of the set, Birdbox & Malorie, from DRP; so, I will probably only purchase the last two books, Unbury Carol & Inspection, from SST. Not a big fan of having multiple limited editions of the same title in my collection; however, maybe my collecting ocd for matching sets will sway me the other way. On a side note- I wonder why SST didn't include a limited for Black Mad Wheel. I don't believe that title has been done as a limited edition yet and including it would have meant that all of Malerman's novels would have a limited version on the market.
                          I think your situation is interesting. Of those not buying the complete set, I imagine lot of them might only buy Bird Box and Malorie. So you should have no problem picking up the last two. I also have Malorie on order and Bird Box on my shelf from DRP but I ordered the SST set as well--which means I won't judge you if you let your OCD win.

And on your last point: maybe BMW is under contract with a different publisher that we don't know about. Or maybe Paul tried to secure rights and just couldn't. I agree it would finish out the Malerman collection nicely to have a limited of that book. Who knows, maybe Paul will add it the same way he added Survivor Song as a late entry to the Tremblay set.

Comment

I want to add--the impression that I get from Paul and his statements in newsletters and elsewhere is that he's stretching every dollar to get new contracts and secure these great books but his back inventory needs to move to generate the funds he needs to move faster.

Comment

Well, I asked Camelot to add me to the Malerman train. Hopefully these don't end up costing me too much.

Comment

I got set up through Camelot as well. I was on the fence since I have the DRP lettered Bird Box, but decided to keep riding the SST train.

I’m surprised to see that SST is already sold out of Bird Box considering it has already had a limited treatment. Also surprised the Koontz book hasn’t sold out (price point?).

Comment

Working...
                                X