SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Man, with a sales job like that, Ron, you’re honestly making me reconsider my stance on this book.
    Then my work is done. Bar Maiden- another whisky!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Specifically about Earthling (and I don't mean any offense), their site really needs a functionality update. Any point of "friction" you provide a potential customer is place to loose a sale. You want to make it as easy as possible for a customer to buy your products. I'm pretty tech savy and it took me a couple of minutes to find where to buy it at on their site. On top of that they've got a real google search results problem. If you search "the thicket by joe lansdale limited edition" Dark Regions page selling the book is the first result, but Earthling's page is no where to be found. I'm not really sure how best you solve this, but I would think a website / store overhaul would go a long way. Ideally Earthling would want anyone searching for "The Thicket by Joe Lansdale" to find their page on the first page of results, but that can be a bit harder with something that has other editions published by other publishers.
      I had a similar experience with Earthling when trying to find a book that I knew was there, somewhere!
      My first order hadn't shipped after a few weeks, and when I emailed Paul he responded right away and put the book in a Priority Mail box for me, so that was nice of him.

Another site that frequently gives me warnings from Bitdefender is Gauntlet Press. I've seen it try to redirect me to some very suspicious pages, which were blocked by Bitdefender.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

It's obvious Paul Miller isn't making a living as a publisher. He's doing one or two books a year and he has inventory going back years. I'd love to see him do more with this press. I've loved nearly everything I got from him.
        I feel exactly the same way. I've loved everything that I have ever received from Earthling. Their Halloween series & their Classics series are fantastic. I too wish more books were produced by Earthling and always look forward to their next announcement.

Comment

So I received my copy of SST's Paradise Sky by Joe Lansdale and I have to say that this is a pretty darn nice edition. Yes, I'm still not completely sold on the illustrated boards, but on the plus side they are in a matte finish which, in my opinion, looks so much better than a glossy illustrated board. The layout is nice, the illustrated endpapers are cool and the dustjacket that's sans any kind of writing is beautiful. My only nitpick was that I wish there was something cooler on the spine of the book as it's just part of the gun's barrel wrapping around to the back.

While this isn't on the level of a higher end Centipede title, there's a lot of bang for your buck in this edition and I'm glad I added to my collection.

Comment

I also received a copy of Paradise Sky today. Sadly it came a little beat-up but Paul has already replied and is fixing the issue. The shipping box and packaging appeared fine.

KIMG0194.JPG KIMG0191.JPG KIMG0190.JPG
            Last edited by Ben Staad; 08-07-2020, 12:03 AM.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that about your copy. I'm glad that Paul is taking care of you, though!

Comment

Thanks. Paul seems very cool by the way. Never had dealings with him before.

I do agree with what you said. Its a very nice edition at a great price.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yeah, Paul seems like a nice guy. He even responded to me when I sent him an email thanking him for publishing a new limited of WESTLAKE SOUL when it was first announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    I also received a copy of Paradise Sky today. Sadly it came a little beat-up but Paul has already replied and is fixing the issue. The shipping box and packaging appeared fine.

KIMG0194.JPG KIMG0191.JPG KIMG0190.JPG
                    OUCH. Surprised it came that way. Not surprised that Paul is taking care of you.

Comment

Paul is great. I know it's been said before, but all Pauls seem to be great at publishing and customer service!

Comment

Anyone hear how volume 3 of the Lansdale short story collection is close to 700 pages? This is going to be a doorstop of a book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Anyone hear how volume 3 of the Lansdale short story collection is close to 700 pages? This is going to be a doorstop of a book.
                          Whoa. That's a massive book. Volume 1 was 528 pages and Volume 2 was 554 pages and I thought those were pretty darn impressive.

I wonder just how complete this set will be in regards to collecting the totality of Lansdale's short fiction?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Whoa. That's a massive book. Volume 1 was 528 pages and Volume 2 was 554 pages and I thought those were pretty darn impressive.

I wonder just how complete this set will be in regards to collecting the totality of Lansdale's short fiction?
                            It's supposed to cover all that's been published I believe. I think it's 5 volumes in total.

Comment

Actually it is four volumes in total. The fourth volume due out at the end of 2021.

Jim

Comment

Joe will have written enough new short stories since then that a fifth volume will be warranted.

Comment

Working...
                                X