SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Today another box from SST arrived. This time containing the newest Joe Lansdale Hap and Leonard collection - Blood and Lemonade.
    I’m waiting on this one plus Cabin at the End of the World from
    Camelot. Looking forward to reading both. SST has been on fire lately!

Comment

Has anyone heard a status update for The Silencer by Tim Lebbon? This is the one SST title I have on order. Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

What a great email today. Makes me.Even happier I have.little to no interest in the new Suntup release

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          What a great email today. Makes me.Even happier I have.little to no interest in the new Suntup release
          I was thrilled by the email today. It looks bonkers!

Comment

Looks like The Silence by Tim Lebbon and Paul Tremblay's Growing Things are shipping now. Excited to get both of these books.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Looks like The Silence by Tim Lebbon and Paul Tremblay's Growing Things are shipping now. Excited to get both of these books.
              Great news — I preordered GROWING THINGS, so am looking forward to seeing it very soon. I gotta say, I love SST’s production times...it’s incredibly refreshing and heartening when the wait time from a publisher’s preorder to shipment is short enough that one can actually remember preordering it in the first place. That, plus the quality from SST is top-notch and belies that rapid production...they’ve got the efficiency of a quick turnaround down pat, other publishers could learn a lot from their business model.
              Last edited by RonClinton; 06-26-2020, 09:53 PM.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Great news — I preordered GROWING THINGS, so am looking forward to seeing it very soon. I gotta say, I love SST’s production times...it’s incredibly refreshing and heartening when the wait time from a publisher’s preorder to shipment is short enough that one can actually remember preordering it in the first place. That, plus the quality from SST is top-notch and belies that rapid production...they’ve got the efficiency of a quick turnaround down pat, other publishers could learn a lot from their business model.
                Is that directed at a publisher in particular? LOL

Anyway, I think Centipede had it figured out first. And I think Jerad does it amazingly well. I purchased the Falling Angel set in June and I'll have it by early august. I almost didn't put it on my lengthy Preorder list because I would take it off of there so soon.

Speaking of that list, with the shipment of The Red Church, The Silence, and Growing Things, I'll be able to delete it down to 32 and I expect to get Suntup's Fahrenheit 451 very soon so that brings me to 31! That's practically ZERO!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Anyway, I think Centipede had it figured out first. And I think Jerad does it amazingly well. I purchased the Falling Angel set in June and I'll have it by early august. I almost didn't put it on my lengthy Preorder list because I would take it off of there so soon.

Speaking of that list, with the shipment of The Red Church, The Silence, and Growing Things, I'll be able to delete it down to 32 and I expect to get Suntup's Fahrenheit 451 very soon so that brings me to 31! That's practically ZERO!
                  LOL! That’s hilarious!! And it made me laugh even harder because for a moment I was like “Yeah, 31...that’s not too bad...”.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Very true — Jerad was to the party first and shows ‘em all how to do it with efficiency and style.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm just happy that things seem to be turning around here. I mean it's been one thing after the other. Some can't seem to catch a break.

Anyway I'm happy to be getting a nice copy of The Silence. One of my favorite books.

Comment

Just received my copy of Growing Things from SST. As usual, the production is top notch. Really happy that there's interior art work and wish more limited editions would go back to adding that as a standard feature. Also appreciate the handwritten thank you note from the publisher. Always a classy touch! SST is fast becoming one of my favorite/go-to publishers for limited editions. Their products really turn out great and the turnaround time to receive them is always fast. Just placed my order for Stephen Graham Jones' "The Only Good Indians" and know that SST will knock that book out of the park as well. I really dig the cover artwork for it. Also am excited to hear that they will be publishing a limited for Mongrels as I loved that SGJ book and know that I will pick up a copy when it is available for preorder!

Comment

SST continues to surprise me with their announcements. It's like they have a direct link to my mind and announce titles that are so spot on. I was just thinking the other week that someone should do limiteds of Stephen Graham Jones's novels and--bam!--THE ONLY GOOD INDIANS is announced. I've heard some amazing buzz about this title and I'm glad I'll be able to read it in a nice SST edition. Hopefully, SST will do what they did with Tremblay and continue to add more of his titles to the line-up.

I do miss out on the thank you notes, though. I order through Camelot for all of my SST titles so presumably Kim at Camelot gets a nice big thank you note from SST.

Comment

And at such a reasonable price. I jumped on it!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              And at such a reasonable price. I jumped on it!
                              Yeah, their price points make it very easy to pick up a title or two! That's nice in this current age of everything being $100+. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the editions being put out there by everyone, but occasionally it's nice to have these lower price points that don't break the bank. And they're really nice editions!

Comment

SST is in my top four publishers with Suntup, CP, and CD. There are other publishers I like for sure, but these are the four that have the greatest stopping power for me.

I passed on the SGJ book because we just went through a round of layoffs and I'm feeling really shaky. And yes, I did buy the Suntup edition so don't point out the failed logic to me--I'm well aware that I'm broken. But I didn't pass on it easily. SST does fantastic work with a low price point. His Lansdale stuff is amazing. The Tremblay books are next level, though I'm a Daniel Serra fan-boy. And The Silence is underpriced in my opinion. That Francois Vaillincourt is stellar.

Comment

Working...
                                X