X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Although I thought I had signed up for SST's mailing list it appears I am not on it. Hopefully this is one I can just pass on.
    I think that this book is one that a lot of people will think it's okay to pass on, but if they give it a chance I don't think that they'll regret it. If there is one book to take a chance on, this one is it.

Put it this way, I actually sent an email to Paul at SST to thank him for publishing this book and making my month!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's what everyone was saying about Brother and I didn't care for it at all lol.
    I haven't read BROTHER yet so I can't speak to that one, but if you like books with heart, this is the one for you. Even my wife LOVED this book and it's hard to get her to get through a book period.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Although I thought I had signed up for SST's mailing list it appears I am not on it. Hopefully this is one I can just pass on.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    That's what everyone was saying about Brother and I didn't care for it at all lol.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I ordered this one right away as well. Just saw the title a d that did it. Great author. Have wanted to read this one for years

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    So I know at least a couple of people on the forum are also on SST's advance mailing list. I just want to say that if you are on the fence about their latest offering, you need to jump down off that fence with both feet firmly planted on the side of buying it. This is hands down one of my favorite books of all time. The plot synopsis of the book does not do the execution justice. I don't want to oversell the book, but if you are a fan of humanistic fantastical fiction, this should be high on your reading list.
    I hoped on this one as soon as I received the announcement. While I haven't read this book, the synopsis sounds really cool. Have enjoyed the things CD has previously published by this author; so, I felt justified in giving this one a chance. Also had a SST coupon code which helped with the decision. C

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    So I know at least a couple of people on the forum are also on SST's advance mailing list. I just want to say that if you are on the fence about their latest offering, you need to jump down off that fence with both feet firmly planted on the side of buying it. This is hands down one of my favorite books of all time. The plot synopsis of the book does not do the execution justice. I don't want to oversell the book, but if you are a fan of humanistic fantastical fiction, this should be high on your reading list.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    New release from SST of Growing Things:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/Growin...r-Stories.html

Comes with a bonus story.
    Ordered on Tuesday night and used a coupon. This set is going to look real sharp.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    New release from SST of Growing Things:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/Growin...r-Stories.html

Comes with a bonus story.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Are you getting the other Tremblay books?
    No, only the collection GROWING THINGS (which I know frustrates your sense of matching-number continuity ;-)).

I was a bit underwhelmed with DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK, and while I enjoyed THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD a bit more it wasn't the stunner that many found it to be...I thought it was unnecessarily oblique (though I appreciate that it had to be to a certain degree, given the plot), almost frustratingly so. If HEAD was a 9 (and a damn solid 9 at that! Great book!), then DISAPPEARANCE was a 6 and CABIN a 7. I have signed trades 1sts of all three books, so only felt I needed to upgrade HEAD. I'm holding off buying GROWING THINGS to force a purchase of the S/L (which I would have wanted to do anyhow so as to match my S/L HC of his other collection).
    Last edited by RonClinton; 07-26-2019, 01:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Got my copy today as well, and I'm again impressed by SST's production qualities and attention to detail and, as mentioned by sholloman81, customer service. This is, I think, my third SST volume and it certainly won't be my last. In fact -- again, also like sholloman -- I'm giving that Lebbon volume a second look: I enjoyed the book in its tpb form and like Lebbon and generally collect his stuff, so those enclosed discount cards are looking pretty attractive...
    Are you getting the other Tremblay books?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Got my copy today as well, and I'm again impressed by SST's production qualities and attention to detail and, as mentioned by sholloman81, customer service. This is, I think, my third SST volume and it certainly won't be my last. In fact -- again, also like sholloman -- I'm giving that Lebbon volume a second look: I enjoyed the book in its tpb form and like Lebbon and generally collect his stuff, so those enclosed discount cards are looking pretty attractive...

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just got my copy of Tremblay's "Ghosts" in the mail as well. This was my first purchase with SST; so, I wasn't sure what to expect. Opened the box and was blown away. The books itself looks fantastic. The paper quality is great and I think the bonus materials that were included rock. Add into all of this that Paul also included a handwritten thank-you note for the purchase as well as throwing in a couple of discount cards for future purchases. Needless to say, I will be ordering from SST again. In fact, my happiness with the book and Paul's service led me to preorder Lebbon's "The Silence" this morning. Thanks again to Paul & SST!
    Paul is a fantastic guy. I keep all those postcards with the books. it's such a nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just got my copy of Tremblay's "Ghosts" in the mail as well. This was my first purchase with SST; so, I wasn't sure what to expect. Opened the box and was blown away. The books itself looks fantastic. The paper quality is great and I think the bonus materials that were included rock. Add into all of this that Paul also included a handwritten thank-you note for the purchase as well as throwing in a couple of discount cards for future purchases. Needless to say, I will be ordering from SST again. In fact, my happiness with the book and Paul's service led me to preorder Lebbon's "The Silence" this morning. Thanks again to Paul & SST!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    SST just tweeted they are down to the last 4 copies of Ghost. Run if you want one
    And keep in mind, this is the first in a 4 book set. So those who are goofy for matching numbers need to start here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X