• Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I’m passing. Not my thing. But I did get a shipping notice for Wet Ju Ju

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied
    I too ordered the lettered offered today. Good price on the book and shipping!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    If SST continues with Koontz, it seems most likely that they do "Elswhere" next (his fall 2020 book) and "The Other Emily", his Spring 2021 book.
    Am waiting for an SST announcement for Lansdale's "Of Mice and Minestrone", a logical follow-up to "Big Book of Hap & Leonard" and "Blood and Lemonade".

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just ordered the Lettered Edition of today's offering. It sounds like a nice book for the price.

Just noticed it's not a confidential email, so here's the link - https://sstpublications.co.uk/Refractions.html
    Last edited by Dave1442397; 12-08-2020, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well Paul has shipped a replacement copy of Westlake Soul. Although it is bummer that I am over a month waiting but Paul has been nothing but responsive and quick to remedy a situation that is out of his control!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Broke down and ordered a copy of DEVOTED from Camelot. I really like SST and I don’t have a Koontz limited yet, so...

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I want (new) limiteds of Fear Nothing and Seize the Night followed immediately by the long-awaited release of Ride the Storm.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, since it's on SST's home page now, I think it's safe to spill the beans that the book is DEVOTED by Dean Koontz.

I think this is a real coup for SST. Koontz limiteds have recently only gone through Charnel House, so to have some something come out by another press is pretty cool. The price is relatively reasonable as well. I haven't read a Koontz book in FOREVER. I do have ODD THOMAS and THE FUNHOUSE in my TBR pile, but they've been in it for years. Koontz gets a bad rap, but when his stuff hits, it's a fun read.

With the way that SST likes to do bundles of books by authors, maybe this will be the beginning of a "Koontz Books About Dogs" trilogy, starting with DEVOTED, followed by THE DARKEST EVENING OF THE YEAR, and ending with WATCHERS. I doubt that's in the cards, but, man, I'd like a WATCHERS limited. Even if the book doesn't hold up to my memories ("Fiddle broke" about killed me when I read it back in high school), I'd snatch it up for nostalgia's sake.

As far as this one, I'm still hanging out on that fence. A Koontz limited for a decent price, leather-bound, and some nice cover art...
    Yeah, I went for it when I saw the FB post this morning. I have way too many books on order! I've run out of shelf space again

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, since it's on SST's home page now, I think it's safe to spill the beans that the book is DEVOTED by Dean Koontz.

I think this is a real coup for SST. Koontz limiteds have recently only gone through Charnel House, so to have some something come out by another press is pretty cool. The price is relatively reasonable as well. I haven't read a Koontz book in FOREVER. I do have ODD THOMAS and THE FUNHOUSE in my TBR pile, but they've been in it for years. Koontz gets a bad rap, but when his stuff hits, it's a fun read.

With the way that SST likes to do bundles of books by authors, maybe this will be the beginning of a "Koontz Books About Dogs" trilogy, starting with DEVOTED, followed by THE DARKEST EVENING OF THE YEAR, and ending with WATCHERS. I doubt that's in the cards, but, man, I'd like a WATCHERS limited. Even if the book doesn't hold up to my memories ("Fiddle broke" about killed me when I read it back in high school), I'd snatch it up for nostalgia's sake.

As far as this one, I'm still hanging out on that fence. A Koontz limited for a decent price, leather-bound, and some nice cover art...

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I can't afford to get that one, especially since I'm not a huge fan of the author. But I hope it is a quick sellout for Paul. And I'm very jealous that it's leather bound!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Anyone here gonna be buying what was announced today? I thought that was pretty cool
    I'm never read the author but I was so impressed with Gwendy books that I might have to order this one.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
    I have a UK book dealer I use and they have received my copy of WESTLAKE SOUL and BIG LIZARD. In order to save on shipping costs I am waiting for the the next Lansdale from SST due hopefully by years end then have the three shipped in one order. I can wait.
    If you buy enough from the UK that is a really good way to go. I generally buy 1 or 2 titles a year coming from the UK so it probably would not benefit me. Although having a relationship with a UK book dealer would probably increase my purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Sad that I think I know exactly who you're talking about.

Not surprised in the least that Paul Fry is willing to take care of you! He's a gentleman.Though I sure hope you get the first copy soon. Otherwise you have to go through all that wait and worry again.

Westlake Soul is one of SST's best productions. Up there with The Listener.
    You probably do as they are the only publisher I have openly expressed disdain for. In my few dealings with Paul he has proven to be a top tier publisher in my book. I passed in SST's The Listener as I have the CD version. I love the story, and the art in the SST edition is perfect for the story. If it does not sell out pretty soon I may break and use one of my SST coupons to order it!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

SST announced a new book through its newsletter but I don’t think it’s been announced publicly yet.
    Hmm, I'm subscribed and have ordered books from them, but didn't get a newsletter. It's not in my spam folder either.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I emailed him one evening and had a response by morning, fantastic customer service. Meanwhile I emailed another publisher, one I actually do not to order directly from unless I have no other option, a week ago and have had no response.
    Sad that I think I know exactly who you're talking about.

Not surprised in the least that Paul Fry is willing to take care of you! He's a gentleman.Though I sure hope you get the first copy soon. Otherwise you have to go through all that wait and worry again.

Westlake Soul is one of SST's best productions. Up there with The Listener.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X