Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I love SST but passed on the SGJ book. He’s one of those authors that is hot and miss and I couldn’t find myself purchasing a book that I might or might not like. I do love the cover art.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    SST is in my top four publishers with Suntup, CP, and CD. There are other publishers I like for sure, but these are the four that have the greatest stopping power for me.

I passed on the SGJ book because we just went through a round of layoffs and I'm feeling really shaky. And yes, I did buy the Suntup edition so don't point out the failed logic to me--I'm well aware that I'm broken. But I didn't pass on it easily. SST does fantastic work with a low price point. His Lansdale stuff is amazing. The Tremblay books are next level, though I'm a Daniel Serra fan-boy. And The Silence is underpriced in my opinion. That Francois Vaillincourt is stellar.
    You could always order through Camelot and pay when it ships. And I agree with each of your comments about SST's books. So good. I kinda feel like they're underrated in general.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    SST is in my top four publishers with Suntup, CP, and CD. There are other publishers I like for sure, but these are the four that have the greatest stopping power for me.

I passed on the SGJ book because we just went through a round of layoffs and I'm feeling really shaky. And yes, I did buy the Suntup edition so don't point out the failed logic to me--I'm well aware that I'm broken. But I didn't pass on it easily. SST does fantastic work with a low price point. His Lansdale stuff is amazing. The Tremblay books are next level, though I'm a Daniel Serra fan-boy. And The Silence is underpriced in my opinion. That Francois Vaillincourt is stellar.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    And at such a reasonable price. I jumped on it!
    Yeah, their price points make it very easy to pick up a title or two! That's nice in this current age of everything being $100+. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the editions being put out there by everyone, but occasionally it's nice to have these lower price points that don't break the bank. And they're really nice editions!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    And at such a reasonable price. I jumped on it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X