X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I received my shipping notice for GROWING THINGS and THE SILENCE and decided to celebrate by finally picking a copy of SST’s PARADISE SKY by Joe Lansdale. So now I have three new SST books on their way to add to my collection. Pretty excited to get all in hand.
    That’s going to be one heckuva exciting Book Mail day when that big box arrives!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I received my shipping notice for GROWING THINGS and THE SILENCE and decided to celebrate by finally picking a copy of SST’s PARADISE SKY by Joe Lansdale. So now I have three new SST books on their way to add to my collection. Pretty excited to get all in hand.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

I'm excited for Westlake Soul as that's another book on my favorite books list. I was planning on a re-read of this one this year and couldn't pass up the opportunity to re-read it in a beautiful edition.
    I have been interested in reading this for quite some time. When I receive this it will be my first reading.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have Westlake Soul on pre-order. I keep hearing good things about The Only Good Indians but the only other book I have read from this author was Mapping the Interior and I was less than impressed.
    I'm excited for Westlake Soul as that's another book on my favorite books list. I was planning on a re-read of this one this year and couldn't pass up the opportunity to re-read it in a beautiful edition.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

No, I skipped that one as I have a signed UK tpb 1st of it. That said, I loved the book and have been giving a lot of thought to picking up the SST edition. Good to know it’s a similarly impressive volume.
    The Silence is one of my favorite books and the SST edition is a perfect edition.I love it. It's a beautiful edition and if you love the book I'd jump on this edition while it's still available.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I just took the dive and preordered Westlake Soul and The Only Good Indians from Camelot. I've been well pleased with the Tremblay books and Paranoia Tango by Ray Garton, so I suspect I will not be disappointed.
    I have Westlake Soul on pre-order. I keep hearing good things about The Only Good Indians but the only other book I have read from this author was Mapping the Interior and I was less than impressed.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I just took the dive and preordered Westlake Soul and The Only Good Indians from Camelot. I've been well pleased with the Tremblay books and Paranoia Tango by Ray Garton, so I suspect I will not be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    That's now a $130, unsigned GIFT EDITION.
    Technically they ARE signed, but just by the artist. I know it's not what you mean, but I just wanted to clarify.

Yeah, the prices of the Suntup gift editions have gone up significantly, but I personally think that the price can be seen in the productions. I was surprised that Paul was able to produce those editions so cheaply and apparently he was actually losing money on each AGE.

But to get myself back in topic, SST does phenomenal editions! I'm pretty sure I had ordered The Silence through CD (I really need to keep better track of my preorders), so I can't wait to finally add that title to my library.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Westlake Soul is a great read. Made me cry three different times.

I don't cry often. Maybe it was just something specific to me. IDK.

Not just you. That book made both me and my wife cry. It’s such an overlooked gem of a book. I can’t want for SST’s edition. I love it so much I wish they were doing a Suntup-style super-deluxe high end edition.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I do have WESTLAKE SOUL on pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Westlake Soul is a great read. Made me cry three different times.

I don't cry often. Maybe it was just something specific to me. IDK.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I have Westlake Soul and The Only Good Indians on order from SST. I haven't read either of them yet, but TOGI has been getting great reviews from the mainstream press, so I'm expecting good things.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Have you seen SST's The Silence? It gave me strong Centipede Press vibes. Just quality all the way around.
    No, I skipped that one as I have a signed UK tpb 1st of it. That said, I loved the book and have been giving a lot of thought to picking up the SST edition. Good to know it’s a similarly impressive volume.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I have Westlake Soul and The Only Good Indians on order from SST. I haven't read either of them yet, but TOGI has been getting great reviews from the mainstream press, so I'm expecting good things.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    My copy of Paul Tremblay's GROWING THINGS AND OTHER STORIES arrived today...beautiful production, as always. If there's a UK publisher putting giving customers more bang for their buck than SST, I don't know who it is...their books are gorgeous, and they just seem to keep getting better.
    Have you seen SST's The Silence? It gave me strong Centipede Press vibes. Just quality all the way around.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    My copy of Paul Tremblay's GROWING THINGS AND OTHER STORIES arrived today...beautiful production, as always. If there's a UK publisher putting giving customers more bang for their buck than SST, I don't know who it is...their books are gorgeous, and they just seem to keep getting better.
    Same, and agreed. Paul at SST has really been filling an important niche "over there" that has been in increasingly shorter supply over "here": namely, the thoughtfully designed and nicely executed Horror $40-$50 signed limited edition. He has admirably slid into that spot that perennial All-Stars like Subpress has all but abandoned for Modern Fantasy (yawn- sorry, Bill!), and that CD (Sorry, Mods!) has had trouble after trouble just getting out the door (Again, sorry guys! We know you are doing your best, and we are here, patiently waiting for the books to start rolling again).

After the aforementioned Big Two- who've not been consistently feeding our addiction- we are pretty much left with Centipede & Suntup as viable publishers of the kind of books we like. Unfortunately- their books are expensive. Very. I was a huge fan of Suntup's Gift Editions, but, they just increased the price 100% from the last one. Not 10%, not 20%. 100%. That's now a $130, unsigned GIFT EDITION. I'm sure it will be nice, but- that's just too much for me. Centipede is interesting in that you never know what anything is going to cost! Sometimes you get the really high end (Hill House), or sometimes you get a flat-out bargain (A MOUNTAIN WALKED, ANUBIS GATES, and tons more). But, the bread and butter consistent $40-$50 horror S/L that we used to count on from Dark Harvest, CD, Subpress? Been a dinosaur this last decade. Thank you SST!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X