No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barker and King are my bullseyes. While I have easily been able to pass on numbered and lettered editions of almost all Suntup releases lately (only getting the artist editions), if this is Imagica I'll be jumping into the lottery. Watch out, bank account!

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
      The tease says it will be signed by the authors of the afterword- so the afterword is by two people at least. Clive works closely with Phil and Sarah Stokes, so maybe it is them. If this is Imagica then it seems Clive is not the artist, unless saying signed by the artist is some deception.
      They could always use his art for the cover and someone else for interiors.

Comment

Doing a little research and found that there is an edition of Imajica with an appendix and art that’s just under 900 pages. So any bonus material could put it over 1000 pages. Also the paperback is available in a single book or in a 2 book split edition . So who knows. I like Barker somewhat but I’m off the Suntup wagon

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Any guesses as to what tomorrow's release might be? I don't normally read a ton of fantasy; so, I'm having a hard time coming up with an epic fantasy novel that is over a 1000 pages. Would love to hear what the forum thinks.
          When Paul doesn't deny the most popular guess, it's usually the title. Imajica it will be. There is very little, if any, surprises come release day.

Comment

i like Weaveworld a little better than Imagica, but Weaveworld was done as a limited by Earthling (no lettered yet?) and Weaveworld is way under 1000 pages.

Comment

An omnibus of Great and Secret Show and Everville would also qualify, but again a recent release by Gauntlet.

Comment

Another one mentioned was 'jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell'. I do not really think of that one as fantasy so I have discounted it but t may be considered fantasy. I also am not sure what I think about this one. I have not read it since it came out. It was a struggle to get through for me but I have been thinking about giving it another go since everyone else I know who read it loved it. I read it as a library book so I do not own a copy. Not sure the page count but t felt like about 3,000 pages when I read it the first time.

Comment

$775 for a signed edition and $195 for the gift edition. Imajica that?

Comment

IMAJICA for the win! I like Barker and have never read this one. $195 for the AE, though...

Comment

And I think that this is the first time that I like the look of the AE more than the other editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        And I think that this is the first time that I like the look of the AE more than the other editions.
                        I believe this is the first time the Artist Edition comes with the premium pack.

Comment

This is not a book I like and it's outside of my price point. Easy pass. Hope all enjoy!
                          Last edited by Ben Staad; 04-29-2021, 05:28 PM.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                            This is not a book I like and it's outside of my price point so pass. Hope all enjoy!
                            My affinity for Barker’s work outside BOOKS OF BLOOD is marginal. Not sure if I read this one Back in the Day or not, but regardless it’s just not the kind of book that interests me anymore. The production values on this new edition look impressive (as is the price for an AE), but if it’s not either a book I love (e.g. I AM LEGEND, RED DRAGON, et al) or a book I want to finally read (e.g. WOLFEN and the Heinlein set) — and Barker’s book is neither — then it’s a pass.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I think I'll pass. It's a stunning edition to be sure, but I'm not really a Barker fan and I'd almost certainly be getting this to flip later. As such, I'll just pass on it now and (hopefully) give someone that really wants it a shot.

Comment

Love me some barker. Easy yes for me

Comment

Working...
                                X