No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, I really want the Glen Orbik prints. Haven't read the book or anything, just a big fan of Orbik's work and I love the covers he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Oh man, I really want the Glen Orbik prints. Haven't read the book or anything, just a big fan of Orbik's work and I love the covers he did.
      The prints are amazing. The stories are pretty good as well!

Comment

Won't be able to watch the Facebook live today due to work but would love to hear any guesses for tomorrow's announcement. See description below. My guess is something by Joe Lansdale as he seems to write a lot of novellas. Would also love to see something by Robert McCammon.

"This collection of four novellas by a Bram Stoker Award winning author includes three previously published stories and one that is brand new, exclusively written for this edition."

Comment

Will this be the first new fiction published by Suntup?

Comment

McCammon is my guess as I don't think we've seen any short(er) fiction from him in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              McCammon is my guess as I don't think we've seen any short(er) fiction from him in a while.
              Paul confirmed the author and artist are the same individual...I’m not aware of McCammon dabbling in art, so while I’d like to see see McCammon as well, my guess is Kealan Patrick Burke, who also does art design via his ElderLemon company. Burke also specializes in the novella form, which would fit tomorrow’s announcement.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

McCammon has published several Matthew Corbett novellas, included in some of the limited editions. He eventually plans to release them in one volume, but I got the impression there would be more than four. I hope it is McCammon; as of Imagica I have numbered rights again.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Paul confirmed the author and artist are the same individual...I’m not aware of McCammon dabbling in art, so while I’d like to see see McCammon as well, my guess is Kealan Patrick Burke, who also does art design via his ElderLemon company. Burke also specializes in the novella form, which would fit tomorrow’s announcement.
                  I wasn't aware of that the author and artist are the same individual. That being the case, I would change my guess to Clive Barker. Perhaps he scored the rights at the same time he obtained Imajica.

Comment

There are to be seven Matthew Corbett novellas/short stories in the forthcoming collected volume Seven Shades of Evil by Robert McCammon. Definitely doesn't fit the description of this upcoming Suntup book.
                    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 05-19-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I think Paul noted that it's not Barker tomorrow.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I wasn't aware of that the author and artist are the same individual. That being the case, I would change my guess to Clive Barker. Perhaps he scored the rights at the same time he obtained Imajica.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        I think Paul noted that it's not Barker tomorrow.

Didn't know that either. All of my guesses keep getting shot out of the water. Don't know too many authors who do art as well who are Bram Stoker recipients; so, it's tough for me to guess further. That being said, my new guess is Joe Hill as I know that he likes to doodle/produce art.

Comment

I may have misheard. However I think during that portion of the video he stated not Barker and Hill. I was also working at the time so maybe I missed something.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Didn't know that either. All of my guesses keep getting shot out of the water. Don't know too many authors who do art as well who are Bram Stoker recipients; so, it's tough for me to guess further. That being said, my new guess is Joe Hill as I know that he likes to doodle/produce art.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

He did state it wasn’t Hill...not sure he addressed Barker.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              He did state it wasn’t Hill...not sure he addressed Barker.
                              He definitely stated it was not Hill. If he stated it was not Barker I missed it. He also stated that the Author was the artist and that the person had been mentioned in the chat at least once. Although I had discounted Kealan Patrick Burke his comment that he person had been mentioned came shortly after a burke mention. Alan Moore was also mentioned. I know he has been involved in comics but do not know if he is an artist. A couple of the reasons I discounted Burke was the he has been open about working on a new novel that he recently completed and that he has been self publishing recently so I assumed he did not have a new novella ready for release. I am re-thinking that. If he contracted this a couple of years ago he may have had a new novella that he since has not self published due to the sale to Suntup. Mr. Burke has the talent to do the art so maybe it is him. I will be pleased if it is.

Comment

I’m a really big Burke fan, so if it’s him I might be angling for a limited.

Comment

Working...
                                X