No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was posted on TDT.org that emails went out to the winners of the lottery. I did not receive one. I knew it was a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Well, it was posted on TDT.org that emails went out to the winners of the lottery. I did not receive one. I knew it was a long shot.
      Sorry man.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Sorry man.
        Thanks. It’s a bummer, but in the big picture it’s just a book. A really cool awesome book, but still...

I’m sure those who got one will cherish it. I’ll settle for that gift edition.

The good thing is that the one person who should get one, did. I mean, just look at CyberGhostface’s avatar!

Comment

Thanks. It’s a bummer, but in the big picture it’s just a book. A really cool awesome book, but still...

I’m sure those who got one will cherish it. I’ll settle for that gift edition.

The good thing is that the one person who should get one, did. I mean, just look at CyberGhostface’s avatar!
          So I have to ask. Does his avatar have anything to do with this story?

Comment

It’s a reference to this from the film.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. And I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but apparently six of the eleven winners have yet to accept their rewards and theirs will be redistributed if they don’t order by this afternoon.
            Last edited by CyberGhostface; 07-21-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Sorry to those who missed out. I was hoping for some more celebrations! A number of people I was rooting for are in this forum.

But as CyberGostface stated, apparently SIX of the 11 winners have not purchased the book! Please check your spam folders and your trash folders (what if you accidentally deleted it?!). I'd hate to see someone lose out twice.

Comment

It would be nice to see people here who are passionate about the book get it as opposed to scalpers.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                  It would be nice to see people here who are passionate about the book get it as opposed to scalpers.
                  Yes. And I will say that if some of my friends are not among those six, then I'm hoping that Paul has to go down the list and pick those in this forum who've missed out. There's still hope!

Comment

It’s a reference to this from the film.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. And I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but apparently six of the eleven winners have yet to accept their rewards and theirs will be redistributed if they don’t order by this afternoon.
                    Interesting. Thanks.

Comment

As a little tidbit... One of the reasons why I appreciate Suntup doing LTROI is because English-language hardcovers with the proper title are scarce.

When the US publisher released the book in America they thought the title was too long and changed it to ‘Let Me In’. The only English-language hardcover with the full title was the UK edition which has since gone out of print. (You’d think with the success of the film that there’d be demand for a reprint but both publishers told me they have no plans.)

So unless you get lucky you’re looking at expensive prices to get a proper hardcover release for this book. The Suntup AGE is cheaper than the prices on Abesbooks and only slightly more expensive than what the sellers on Amazon have it at.

Comment

As a little tidbit... One of the reasons why I appreciate Suntup doing LTROI is because English-language hardcovers with the proper title are scarce.

When the US publisher released the book in America they thought the title was too long and changed it to ‘Let Me In’. The only English-language hardcover with the full title was the UK edition which has since gone out of print. (You’d think with the success of the film that there’d be demand for a reprint but both publishers told me they have no plans.)

So unless you get lucky you’re looking at expensive prices to get a proper hardcover release for this book. The Suntup AGE is cheaper than the prices on Abesbooks and only slightly more expensive than what the sellers on Amazon have it at.
                        I feel so out of touch. I had never heard of this story before the speculation began that Suntup was doing it. The Suntup edition will be my introduction to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I feel so out of touch. I had never heard of this story before the speculation began that Suntup was doing it. The Suntup edition will be my introduction to this one.
                          The book made a pretty big splash when it was first released, but I haven't heard much chatter about it in the recent years. It's weird when people talk about something like it's huge news when you've never heard of it, huh? I had this same reaction about Keene's THE RISING. I always hear how big of an impact it made and what a phenomena it was...and I'm over in my corner completely oblivious.

Comment

...and I'm over in my corner completely oblivious.
                            This is my constant state of being lol.

Comment

The book made a pretty big splash when it was first released, but I haven't heard much chatter about it in the recent years. It's weird when people talk about something like it's huge news when you've never heard of it, huh? I had this same reaction about Keene's THE RISING. I always hear how big of an impact it made and what a phenomena it was...and I'm over in my corner completely oblivious.
                              The Rising was at least on my radar. I have not read it yet but I am not oblivious when it is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

This is my constant state of being lol.
                                LOL. No judgment here. Maybe me, you and Martin can start up a support group of some kind!

Comment

Working...
                                X