Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Staad
    replied
    If it's a trend I will probably be able to stick a little closer to my budget. Hate seeing gorgeous books pass me by however I need to stay in reality.

    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

    Yeah, I thought that with the increased print run of 1000, there might have been the chance of a slightly lower price point.

    I'm just surprised that this was the MOST requested title. Even taking King out of the equation, I'm just surprised that so many people wanted yet another limited edition of The Exorcist, with Suntup's being the fourth. Question: Are we going to see a trend of older limited editions being dismissed for newer editions?

    Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.

    Leave a comment:


  • Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

    Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

    As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
    Replay rings no bells for me. Guess I need to do some research.

    Leave a comment:


  • Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

    Yeah, I thought that with the increased print run of 1000, there might have been the chance of a slightly lower price point.

    I'm just surprised that this was the MOST requested title. Even taking King out of the equation, I'm just surprised that so many people wanted yet another limited edition of The Exorcist, with Suntup's being the fourth. Question: Are we going to see a trend of older limited editions being dismissed for newer editions?

    Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.
    And $6,500 for the Roman Numeral edition.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    100% agree with you. The price was only slightly more than LTROI but it surprised me to see these at $150.


    Yeah, I thought that with the increased print run of 1000, there might have been the chance of a slightly lower price point.

    I'm just surprised that this was the MOST requested title. Even taking King out of the equation, I'm just surprised that so many people wanted yet another limited edition of The Exorcist, with Suntup's being the fourth. Question: Are we going to see a trend of older limited editions being dismissed for newer editions?

    Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sock Monkey
    replied
    30 minutes after announcement only roughly 270 copies of the AE left. WOW! Of course we have to take into consideration that Suntup didn't start with 1000 copies to offer as they had various retailer orders to fill (Lividian, Camelot, etc.), but still... Man, that's impressive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Staad
    replied
    100% agree with you. The price was only slightly more than LTROI but it surprised me to see these at $150.

    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

    The increased pricing on the AEs is one of the factors that has made it difficult for me to pull the trigger on them. At an under $100 price point, I'd be more flexible, but with them lining up at $130-$150 now, it makes it hard to pull that trigger, especially on a book I already own a limited of.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    If anyone wants the AE get it now. They're flying
    They sure are!

    Leave a comment:


  • Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

    Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

    As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
    REPLAY is a good book. If Suntup does an edition, I might have to spring for an AE of that one.

    Leave a comment:


  • bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    If anyone wants the AE get it now. They're flying
    Yikes, like 700 gone already.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It is The Exorcist. I'm passing on this one and will probably wish I hadn't. Combo of the $150 price point, I already own a version of this book, and I already have too many pre-orders out there.


    The increased pricing on the AEs is one of the factors that has made it difficult for me to pull the trigger on them. At an under $100 price point, I'd be more flexible, but with them lining up at $130-$150 now, it makes it hard to pull that trigger, especially on a book I already own a limited of.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeffingoff
    replied
    If anyone wants the AE get it now. They're flying

    Leave a comment:


  • RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

    Interesting, Ron. If tomorrow's revelation confirms your suggestion- and, indeed- involvement- I hope you are able to spill a few more details!
    Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

    As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 02-04-2021, 05:24 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sock Monkey
    replied
    So, it's The Exorcist...

    The aesthetics of the editions continue to look fantastic. The AE cover is pretty sharp and I particularly like the lettered edition with the "help me" on the cover. The Roman Numeral edition is beautiful as well. Probably the biggest surprise is the Friedkin signature. Since Blatty is no longer with us, Friedkin is the next logical choice for the signature and the new introduction by him is a pretty neat addition. Due to the Suntup frenzy and Friedkin's involvement, I'm sure this will sell out with no problem.

    I don't collect multiple editions of books, so it would either be sticking with my Lonely Roads 40th Anniversary Edition signed by Blatty or go for the Suntup AE signed by the artist and the Blatty signature cinches it for me. Not to mention that Lonely Roads is supposed to be doing an edition of Blatty's LEGION...

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Staad
    replied
    They are going fast by the way. So if anyone is interested they should head over to Suntup.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Staad
    replied
    It is The Exorcist. I'm passing on this one and will probably wish I hadn't. Combo of the $150 price point, I already own a version of this book, and I already have too many pre-orders out there.

    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm curious as to what the announcement will be this morning. Like others on the forum, if it's The Exorcist, that's going to be a very easy pass as I have Lonely Roads edition.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X