Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parviz
    replied
    Man those are some stunning books. I only have a very old trade paperback, so this works out nice for me (kinda) Definitely excited for this one even without Blatty signature. Hopefully March's book stays somewhat reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I thought about doing that for a moment and then I realized my thoughts were due to fear of missing out than an actual desire for the book itself.
    Wait a minute! There's a difference?!?!!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I was on the fence with this one, but when I saw how fast they were selling, I decided to buy an AE. If demand is that high, it should be easy enough to pass it along if I decide not to keep it.
    I thought about doing that for a moment and then I realized my thoughts were due to fear of missing out than an actual desire for the book itself.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I guess Paul was correct yesterday when he said he expected the AE to sell quickly. Hopefully there are still quantities allocated to other sellers who have supported him.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I thought about that as well but I'm truly not a good seller. I'm more of a keeper.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I was on the fence with this one, but when I saw how fast they were selling, I decided to buy an AE. If demand is that high, it should be easy enough to pass it along if I decide not to keep it.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I could be wrong as I do not have them all but I believe it is only the second non-King limited with a traycase rather than a slipcase. Still clearly a premium price for a limited.
    Yes, this is the second traycase after Bibliomysteries. What's crazy is that Bibliomysteries is among the cheapest Suntup numbered editions.

​​​​​It's even more impressive when you think of the blank books, false bottoms of the traycases, and sheer amount of authors who would've gotten paid for that edition.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Hope everyone that wanted one was able to buy for retail.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    One hour and 13 minutes...impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    And the AE of The Exorcist is SOLD OUT! Congrats to Suntup and all those that bought a copy!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    The $850 price tag for this just continues to make me nervous about the price of Blood Meridian in March.

This one seems like a very nice numbered edition, but it still feels like a Suntup numbered edition.

Blood Meridian's numbered edition is being toted as the same quality of a Suntup lettered edition.

I honestly would not be surprised if it retail at over $1k. My prediction is $1,200, though I'd love to see them prove me wrong! And it will still sell out immediately!
    I'm glad I'm not on the numbered train or a diehard McCarthy fan (I am a fan of McCarthy, just not at that level). There's a tipping point where the excitement and the stretching to make the budget work for that extra-special book turns into stress and worry, and that's just not fun. Not for me at least.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    The $850 price tag for this just continues to make me nervous about the price of Blood Meridian in March.

This one seems like a very nice numbered edition, but it still feels like a Suntup numbered edition.

Blood Meridian's numbered edition is being toted as the same quality of a Suntup lettered edition.

I honestly would not be surprised if it retail at over $1k. My prediction is $1,200, though I'd love to see them prove me wrong! And it will still sell out immediately!
    I could be wrong as I do not have them all but I believe it is only the second non-King limited with a traycase rather than a slipcase. Still clearly a premium price for a limited.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

And $6,500 for the Roman Numeral edition.
    That price is crazy. I didn't even bother mentioning it because that's just fantasy land. That would literally cover my mortgage payments for a third of a year! I'd love to be in the situation financially to spend that much on a book and definitely don't begrudge those that are in that position, but, man, that is a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    To put that in context that is very close to what I bought my car for last year.

And $6,500 for the Roman Numeral edition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X