X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    Subterranean has Suntup Blackwater on sale now. Hurry!

Lividian also has the Artist Edition at original retail.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Subterranean has Suntup Blackwater on sale now. Hurry!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

No, looking more for the Suntup experience that a Valancourt reader (though I'm really glad the latter published it for those who haven't read it yet). I haven't seen it under list yet via eBay, but every once in a while I do see Suntup AEs appear below retail, so perhaps one'll show up someday. By that time, though, I'll probably have come to my sense and realize I don't need a second deluxe edition of the same book, not with the critical mass issue I have going on with my shelves at the moment (if one comes in, one must go out).
    Well if you'd like a numbered edition, I'd sell mine! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

It can be had for below retail on the secondary market, so you can probably find it for even cheaper than the sale price!

Or, if it's just a matter of having an omnibus edition, you could even score the Vallancourt omnibus for trade price.
    No, looking more for the Suntup experience that a Valancourt reader (though I'm really glad the latter published it for those who haven't read it yet). I haven't seen it under list yet via eBay, but every once in a while I do see Suntup AEs appear below retail, so perhaps one'll show up someday. By that time, though, I'll probably have come to my sense and realize I don't need a second deluxe edition of the same book, not with the critical mass issue I have going on with my shelves at the moment (if one comes in, one must go out).

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I was thinking of picking up the AE of BLACKWATER, but three minutes into the sale and the remaining six copies were gone. I have the Centipede box set, so I’m not too disappointed…but it would’ve been nice to have that omnibus edition as well.
    It can be had for below retail on the secondary market, so you can probably find it for even cheaper than the sale price!

Or, if it's just a matter of having an omnibus edition, you could even score the Vallancourt omnibus for trade price.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I was thinking of picking up the AE of BLACKWATER, but three minutes into the sale and the remaining six copies were gone. I have the Centipede box set, so I’m not too disappointed…but it would’ve been nice to have that omnibus edition as well.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone take advantage of today's Suntup sale? Was tempted by the Atwood title, but ultimately the discount wasn't enough for me to pull the trigger.
    Yep! I picked up the AE of Slaughterhouse Five. I had picked up most of the other recent AEs through various sales that Dark Regions Press had, but never got a chance for this particular title.

At 35% off, I figured it was worth grabbing a copy.

I now look forward to someone selling their copy for 50% off...

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone take advantage of today's Suntup sale? Was tempted by the Atwood title, but ultimately the discount wasn't enough for me to pull the trigger.
    Yes, I bought The Handmaid's Tale. I had a $50 gift certificate, so with the 35% discount it was a good price. It's sold out now.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Sorry to see over 400 AEs still left for purchase a week later. This must be Suntup’s slowest-selling AE…good thing Paul planned a 750 limitation rather than 1000.
    I'm a little surprised to see that many copies left too, although maybe I shouldn't be. Know that it's a large book, but, with shipping, the AGE will end up over $200! As much as I might like a copy, that price is a bit much for me as I have never read this story and have no idea if I would actually like it or not. Couple that with that fact that Centipede and Thunderstorm have some pricey releases forthcoming that I would prefer to put that money toward, and it was a somewhat easy pass for me. Also didn't realize that Paul dropped the print-run on this one. Good for him! I hope he considers doing that for his AGE's going forward as I was never a fan of him increasing the print-runs. Overall, I do hope I find a copy of this book up the road, but, it isn't a priority. Am much more excited for next month's release.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    It's selling very slowly, I wonder why.
    Sorry to see over 400 AEs still left for purchase a week later. This must be Suntup’s slowest-selling AE…good thing Paul planned a 750 limitation rather than 1000.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

March is a 19th century author, so it won't be Lovecraft. Signs point to Poe.
    If it is Poe will be in!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

The Godfather will be an easy buy for me as well but for a different reason. The Godfather was my wife's favorite movie, so I have seen it a few times. While I enjoy the movie it has not prompted me to buy the book, but a Suntup edition is something I would not pass on. If the April book is Lovecraft, which I doubt it is, that will be an easy pass for me. I have tried to read Lovecraft multiple times and have never enjoyed it. I respect his influence on future writers, but his writing is not for me.
    March is a 19th century author, so it won't be Lovecraft. Signs point to Poe.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Precisely the reason I'll be getting THE GODFATHER next month.

As far as THE MAGUS, I tried reading it many moons ago and didn't get far, though I love THE COLLECTOR. That experience and my dislike of the art and at the price point it's at...the math just didn't work for me this time around.
    The Godfather will be an easy buy for me as well but for a different reason. The Godfather was my wife's favorite movie, so I have seen it a few times. While I enjoy the movie it has not prompted me to buy the book, but a Suntup edition is something I would not pass on. If the April book is Lovecraft, which I doubt it is, that will be an easy pass for me. I have tried to read Lovecraft multiple times and have never enjoyed it. I respect his influence on future writers, but his writing is not for me.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I passed on The Magus too. I've never read it, but a cheap paperback will do me if I ever get around to it. I read The Godfather many years ago, and I doubt I'll buy that one either. I'm saving my pennies for Dune Messiah next month.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X