X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    For those who aren't on FB or subscribers to my channel, I'm giving away a numbered edition of The Collector with rights to a below 250 number! All you have to do is subscribe. Once I hit 1000 subscribers, I'll do a video with details on how you can enter. I'm thrilled for the chance to do this! Good luck!

What a great Give-Away! I went to your channel to make sure I was (still) subscribed and was surprised to see that I wasn't. Even though I know I've hit that button- possibly even twice before (my kids and I watch all the time and enjoy the vids). Weird. Maybe it's all the different platforms I/my family use to watch youtube now: computer, phone, TV, tablet, and possibly not being properly signed in on one. Anyway, folks should double-check to make sure that they're subscribed to Jeff's great channel.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Just might be my next listen if it's on audio. I need to try and find the movie as well.
    It is done well on audio. Listened to it again last week.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

If you have not read 'The Collector' I think you will love it.
    Just might be my next listen if it's on audio. I need to try and find the movie as well.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Jumped back on the train this afternoon with a <250 number.
    If you have not read 'The Collector' I think you will love it.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Jumped back on the train this afternoon with a <250 number.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

I saw your big giveaway video after I posted this link. Pretty cool stuff. So basically if you add about 200 subscribers before the next Suntup announcement someone will be gifted a Signed copy of 'The Collector' with rights to future Suntup limited editions. Nice giveaway to be followed by a signed King book. Anyone on here who is not subscribed may want to join the fun! SUNTUP NUMBERED EDITION GIVEAWAY! - YouTube
    Ah! Yes, that's the plan! I didn't see your post when I was posting my post. I think you did a better job describing what's up and the key benefit--joining the fun!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    For those who aren't on FB or subscribers to my channel, I'm giving away a numbered edition of The Collector with rights to a below 250 number! All you have to do is subscribe. Once I hit 1000 subscribers, I'll do a video with details on how you can enter. I'm thrilled for the chance to do this! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thank you Martin! My interviews aren't my most viewed videos, but they're the ones I love the most and this one is no exception. Really deepened my appreciation for a book I already loved.
    I saw your big giveaway video after I posted this link. Pretty cool stuff. So basically if you add about 200 subscribers before the next Suntup announcement someone will be gifted a Signed copy of 'The Collector' with rights to future Suntup limited editions. Nice giveaway to be followed by a signed King book. Anyone on here who is not subscribed may want to join the fun! SUNTUP NUMBERED EDITION GIVEAWAY! - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    For anyone here that is not a subscriber to Jeff Terry's Youtube channel I thought I would mention it. He has some interesting content including interviews related to Suntup releases. For 'The Collector' he was able to interview Bradford Morrow who writes the new introduction for the Suntup edition. I found the interview very interesting and getting to see the author copy of the book was a great bonus. It did prompt me to look up the definition of gothic literature. Mr. Morrow described 'The Collector' as gothic and I had never thought of it as that. Turns out he was correct.

Anyway, I recommend checking it out: GET OVER YOURSHELF EPISODE 5: Interview with Bradford Morrow about John Fowles's The Collector. - YouTube
    Thank you Martin! My interviews aren't my most viewed videos, but they're the ones I love the most and this one is no exception. Really deepened my appreciation for a book I already loved.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    For anyone here that is not a subscriber to Jeff Terry's Youtube channel I thought I would mention it. He has some interesting content including interviews related to Suntup releases. For 'The Collector' he was able to interview Bradford Morrow who writes the new introduction for the Suntup edition. I found the interview very interesting and getting to see the author copy of the book was a great bonus. It did prompt me to look up the definition of gothic literature. Mr. Morrow described 'The Collector' as gothic and I had never thought of it as that. Turns out he was correct.

Anyway, I recommend checking it out: GET OVER YOURSHELF EPISODE 5: Interview with Bradford Morrow about John Fowles's The Collector. - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Not sure if all of you are signed up for the Suntup emails, but, it looks like there will no longer be an 11/04 book announcement/pre-order, see below. Bummer to hear, but my wallet sure appreciates it!

As you may already know, we had two books scheduled to be announced in November 2021. We have decided to postpone the first of the two November book announcements due to some production delays we are experiencing on that title. This book is not as far along as I would like, and I would prefer to wait until it is further along before announcing it.

Therefore, our next book announcement will take place on Thursday, November 18th at 9 a.m. PT. Please note that the Numbered edition of this book is a 250 print run. Owners of The Collector with a designation of 1-250 will be placed on a Matching Pre-Order list with an opportunity to pre-order the book before it goes on sale to the public.
    Saw the email. Had to look back in this thread to see which one is being delayed.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Not sure if all of you are signed up for the Suntup emails, but, it looks like there will no longer be an 11/04 book announcement/pre-order, see below. Bummer to hear, but my wallet sure appreciates it!

As you may already know, we had two books scheduled to be announced in November 2021. We have decided to postpone the first of the two November book announcements due to some production delays we are experiencing on that title. This book is not as far along as I would like, and I would prefer to wait until it is further along before announcing it.

Therefore, our next book announcement will take place on Thursday, November 18th at 9 a.m. PT. Please note that the Numbered edition of this book is a 250 print run. Owners of The Collector with a designation of 1-250 will be placed on a Matching Pre-Order list with an opportunity to pre-order the book before it goes on sale to the public.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Doesn't look like the AGE for this one is going to sell-out same day, which surprises me a bit. I thought that The Collector would sell out quickly considering that it is, IMO, a legacy horror title and that it has seeped into the mainstream a bit between the movie and other media tie-ins and influences. Then again, I thought that Replay would sell out almost instantaneously and you can still purchase that one over four months later so I'm probably a poor judge of these things.
    I actually did not expect a quick sellout on this one. I think most of the people who have read it recognize it as a parent to such classics as 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Misery'. I also think most fans of those books would not even give this a second look as it does not really fit the mold it helped create. I personally do not think of this as a horror story, it is more of a thriller to me. One of the reasons I am so thrilled that Suntup is publishing this is because there are people who read books that they normally would not if Paul releases it. I also believe many of those people will end up singing its praises thus helping spread the word about this fantastic story.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Doesn't look like the AGE for this one is going to sell-out same day, which surprises me a bit. I thought that The Collector would sell out quickly considering that it is, IMO, a legacy horror title and that it has seeped into the mainstream a bit between the movie and other media tie-ins and influences. Then again, I thought that Replay would sell out almost instantaneously and you can still purchase that one over four months later so I'm probably a poor judge of these things.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats to all who purchased a copy of The Collector. Looks very nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X