Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauntlet Press (with and w/out Borderlands partnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Do you have a hardcover or a trade paperback? I'm going to check every trade paperback I see for the rest of my life.
    Mind blown. You prompted me to check my copy of the third PINES book…and my copy is signed, too! What kind of autopen sorcery is this??

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Wow, I see what you mean. If those aren’t autopen, he has a superhuman ability for consistentcy…I don’t see any variation whatsoever. No idea what the story is behind that, but I’d also be curious to know… it’s pretty odd to see an autopen session for a midlist author and a non-Covid-era pub date.
    Do you have a hardcover or a trade paperback? I'm going to check every trade paperback I see for the rest of my life.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Those are obviously the same books Jeff.
    hahahahaha Maybe this is the same signed book from a parallel universe that somehow slipped into ours so now there are two

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Wow, I see what you mean. If those aren’t autopen, he has a superhuman ability for consistentcy…I don’t see any variation whatsoever. No idea what the story is behind that, but I’d also be curious to know… it’s pretty odd to see an autopen session for a midlist author and a non-Covid-era pub date.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Those are obviously the same books Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    D586EB65-A281-4D31-AA22-5AC9CB4E8CF1.jpeg

I haven’t heard of anything like that, though I suppose anything is possible. But I can’t imagine it would be economical for the publisher to bind in a (real) signature page in a mass-market tpb, and a facsimile signature without context seems unlikely as well. My suspicion is that it’s just a coincidence, and maybe there are subtle differences in your two that just aren’t readily apparent…?
    Here are the digs side by side. I can’t find any variation.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I am asking here even though this has nothing to do with the Gauntlet edition of Pines: does anyone know of a facsimile or auto pen signature on the trade edition of The Last Town by Blake Crouch? I have two copies of the trade edition and the signatures are identical. Even down to where they are on the page. I really don’t think it’s possible that they are really signed but I’m not finding anything online about a facsimile signature.
    I haven’t heard of anything like that, though I suppose anything is possible. But I can’t imagine it would be economical for the publisher to bind in a (real) signature page in a mass-market tpb, and a facsimile signature without context seems unlikely as well. My suspicion is that it’s just a coincidence, and maybe there are subtle differences in your two that just aren’t readily apparent…?
    Last edited by RonClinton; 10-03-2021, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I am asking here even though this has nothing to do with the Gauntlet edition of Pines: does anyone know of a facsimile or auto pen signature on the trade edition of The Last Town by Blake Crouch? I have two copies of the trade edition and the signatures are identical. Even down to where they are on the page. I really don’t think it’s possible that they are really signed but I’m not finding anything online about a facsimile signature.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Bradbury signings wrangled by his son David, who plays Doug on the Doug and Lemu commercials.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

Same. That announcement came as a surprise…it’d seemed like he’d already mined just about anything publishable, so I’m curious to see what he may have unearthed (or gathered together).
    I also wouldn't be surprised if the lettered edition is "signed" by Bradbury. I seem to recall Barry having bookplates signed by Bradbury. He may have used them all up, but there's always a chance that he has 26 of them waiting for a home.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I'm very intrigued by the Bradbury volume that Gauntlet will be publishing in 2022. Barry Hoffman has stated that he doesn't publish works that have already received the limited edition treatment, so I'm interested to see what it'll be.
    Same. That announcement came as a surprise…it’d seemed like he’d already mined just about anything publishable, so I’m curious to see what he may have unearthed (or gathered together).

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm very intrigued by the Bradbury volume that Gauntlet will be publishing in 2022. Barry Hoffman has stated that he doesn't publish works that have already received the limited edition treatment, so I'm interested to see what it'll be.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Gauntlet was kind enough to confirm that I made the correct decision to pass on The Pines. In their newsletter was a link to pre-order a copy:
    CLICK HERE TO PRE-OREDER PINES

Happy to pass on the 'PRE-OREDER'!

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    The F. Paul Wilson short was one of a bunch of peripheral stories by other authors that were published digitally as the trilogy was being released. It seems to have been withdrawn from being sold that way, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I don't know if it's disrespectful - look at SubPress's edition of Ready Player One - it included a piece of fanfic from Andy Weir.
    Hmm I've never seen anything like that. I suppose that's up to the author whether or not it's welcome. I just haven't seen a bonus piece of fiction from a different author in someone else's book. To be honest, I'd be thrilled to see a Malerman short story in a King limited edition or an Ania Ahlborn short story published together with a Joe Lansdale novel. Or an edition of Fight Club with new fiction from Crouch! And so on . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X