Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauntlet Press (with and w/out Borderlands partnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I drew a cactus with a vulture on it, at the end of that long squiggle on his fake signature.......LOL!
    Perfect!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I drew a cactus with a vulture on it, at the end of that long squiggle on his fake signature.......LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Don't buy every one you see.
    I will buy the one I find where the signature varies.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You had me at “Powell’s.”
    Valid point. Browsing Powell's is already a hobby so adding this step will really b just an add on.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I hate to admit this but checking any copies of Blake Crouch books for 'signatures' whenever I am in Powell's will be my new hobby.
    Don't buy every one you see.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I hate to admit this but checking any copies of Blake Crouch books for 'signatures' whenever I am in Powell's will be my new hobby.
    You had me at “Powell’s.”

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think this signature is printed on the page. Perhaps they threw it in as a way for Crouch to sign off on the series? I just wish they would have stated something about it on the copyright page.
    I think you’re exactly correct, Jeff, and I couldn’t agree more that it should have been disclosed on the copyright page as something like “Facsimile signature edition (c) 2017” or whatever the date was. From all appearances, it looks real, very smooth and flowing…there’s no fade or pixilated spots. I didn’t think to check for a rear impression last night, but smart money is on the lack of it…it has to be printed on.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Ron I’m shocked that there was something I could point out to you! I think this signature is printed on the page. Perhaps they threw it in as a way for Crouch to sign off on the series? I just wish they would have stated something about it on the copyright page or something.

I highly doubt that his signature will be printed or auto pen in the Gauntlet editions. I wouldn’t expect anything less than an authentic signature.

He signed his Little Book from Borderlands.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Take a magnifying glass (or I'm sure there is an app) and see if there are any breaks in the ink. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think an autopen leaves any breaks. Maybe someone could correct or confirm this?

Classic Autopen:

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...e-the-autopen/

Computer generated autopen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5sqhP3u18

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    If it were autopen I think you would see the indentations.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Check out the reverse of the signed page. Typically you can see the indent in the paper where the author pressed down to sign, especially with the lesser quality of paper in trade editions.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Check out the reverse of the signed page. Typically you can see the indent in the paper where the author pressed down to sign, especially with the lesser quality of paper in trade editions.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Crouch is likely on Twitter. Anybody want to ask him?

​It'd certainly be quite a bummer if he ends up using an autopen on the Gauntlet Pines...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    It certainly seems to be identical.
    Mine:
    334777E4-5CE5-46FA-93D3-4A51FFE4824D.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Mind blown. You prompted me to check my copy of the third PINES book…and my copy is signed, too! What kind of autopen sorcery is this??
    Is your signed copy identical to Jeff's two copies?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X