Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauntlet Press (with and w/out Borderlands partnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Has the Pines trilogy been published yet? Anyone get their copy?

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    My limited was held back to ship with the lettered. Should be soon.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    My copy of Ravenous arrived today from CD. It is my first Ray Garton limited edition. The only book of his I've read is Live Girls, which I loved, so I'm looking forward to reading this one as well.

RAVENOUS 3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied
    My copy is out for delivery today....can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Okay, so someone posted pictures on Facebook of the lettered edition of The Outer Limits that Gauntlet published and I have to say that I was blown away by David McCallum's signature. Seriously... Look at this!

I don't get wowed by signatures too often, but the calligraphy on this is just astounding!
    I agree! That is a tasty sig!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Ordered direct from Gauntlet. Barry said in his newsletter last week they were still shipping so I guess I can wail a while longer, just seeing if anyone else is waiting.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I received my copy from Camelot in early August.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    Still have not received my copy of Ravenous. Is shipping that slow, or should I be getting nervous?
    Did you order directly from Gauntlet? I know they were doing inventory last week and therefore weren't doing any shipping. However, I got my shipping notice for Ravenous from CD two days ago, so they have started to ship. Tracking says label created, USPS awaiting item.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 09-14-2021, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Still have not received my copy of Ravenous. Is shipping that slow, or should I be getting nervous?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That is an fantastic signature! Very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Okay, so someone posted pictures on Facebook of the lettered edition of The Outer Limits that Gauntlet published and I have to say that I was blown away by David McCallum's signature. Seriously... Look at this!

I don't get wowed by signatures too often, but the calligraphy on this is just astounding!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

Too bad you can't remember, I'd like to know what didn't work. I mean, I can certainly understand something on one of Garton's works turning off someone unfamiliar with him, but a long-time reader would know generally what to expect.
    It's been thirteen years (2008 pub.) since I read RAVENOUS, so I just don't recall with any detail. I could guess based on the very vague memories I have of it, but it would be unfair to the book and quite possibly inaccurate.

Garton hasn't had too much published post 2010 -- I think there was FRANKENSTORM, TRAILER PARK NOIR, and MEDS, perhaps (or not?) a couple others that aren't leaping to mind -- so I suppose my lack of buying/collecting his stuff was a mix of my diminishing interest and his lack of new work. That said, I *did* pick up TRAILER PARK NOIR -- how could I not with a title like that? -- and enjoyed it, so my decision to skip his work isn't steadfast...if he comes up with something out of that RAVENOUS world and it sounds interesting, I'll give a shot. Hell, I have almost an entire shelf of his work -- probably more than two dozen different titles -- so he's built up a lot of goodwill with me over the twenty/twenty-plus years I read him, but ultimately I guess it doesn't take much to really shake my confidence in an author -- I've had it happen with Koontz, King, and a number of other once-loved authors that I now either don't read or with whom I'm very selective -- and, for me, RAVENOUS and BESTIAL were those books.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I'm enjoying Live Girls and I picked up the sequel and I did pick up a copy of Ravenous,haven't read it yet.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

For what it’s worth, after collecting, reading, and enjoying Garton’s work for over two decades, it was the duo of RAVENOUS and its sequel, BESTIAL, in their original paperback form that turned me off from doing so any further. I’m sure at some point I’ll come back to the fold, but those two just didn’t click for me at all, for reasons I frankly no longer recall.
    Too bad you can't remember, I'd like to know what didn't work. I mean, I can certainly understand something on one of Garton's works turning off someone unfamiliar with him, but a long-time reader would know generally what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    For what it’s worth, after collecting, reading, and enjoying Garton’s work for over two decades, it was the duo of RAVENOUS and its sequel, BESTIAL, in their original paperback form that turned me off from doing so any further. I’m sure at some point I’ll come back to the fold, but those two just didn’t click for me at all, for reasons I frankly no longer recall.
    I don't believe that I've read anything by Garton (I could be wrong) but Ravenous sounded interesting and had some decent reviews. I think the only werewolf stories that I've read are Cycle of the Werewolf and the two Michael Gallatin books from McCammon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X