Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I'm a sucker for these omnibus collections as well. Without them, I would miss so many of these stories as a lot of them are originally paperbacks or eBooks, which I do not purchase. I'm also pretty happy that this one is being offered though 05/19 as that will give me plenty of time to see the other May Thunderstorm offerings before making any final decisions. Â
    I've thought a lot about why I'm wiling to shell out $100+ for these Thunderstorm omnibus collections, but not willing to track down titles like these in cheaper formats. Some are pretty self-explanatory--Better materials that come with a limited edition and, like you, not really buying paperback books, liking a group of novellas from a single author to read in a row--but I also think there is something to be said about curation. Doing a dive into any genre shows that there is a lot--almost a glut--of material out there to sift through. Self-publishing and small presses have opened the doors to authors whose work might not find a home at larger, mainstream publishers, but it also has resulted in the publishing of a lot of subpar stuff. Thunderstorm, whose books I tend to enjoy, deciding to publish it raises a book on my radar and signals that it might be worth checking out. Heck, one of the reasons I love Centipede so much is that they perform the same function for me in regards to 70s horror titles.

As to your comment about the extended preorder window and holding out so see what else is coming up in May is exactly my line of thinking as well. I am not a diehard Black Voltage buyer, but I am committed to maintaining other lines they publish, so I always have to keep that in mind with these extra purchases so as to not kneecap the budget. That being said, I know that if I don't get this book, I'm probably going to regret it.

Comment

I plan to grab it with my next check. I've read worm and his kings and enjoyed it. I only collect thunderstorm and lividian. I love the look of the black voltage line on the shelf. I would probably have grabbed it instantly if I wasn't waiting for word on another title.

Comment

Looks like a quiet month. The Worm and His Kings and The Everywhere House are still calling my name, but there are a couple other older titles I've got my eye on as well. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Looks like a quiet month. The Worm and His Kings and The Everywhere House are still calling my name, but there are a couple other older titles I've got my eye on as well. Decisions, decisions.
          I decided to pick-up the Worm and His Kings now since there will be no other May book announcements.  I'm still on the fence for The Everywhere House (but I'm not sure why).

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I decided to pick-up the Worm and His Kings now since there will be no other May book announcements. I'm still on the fence for The Everywhere House (but I'm not sure why).
            I think part of my hesitation--on buying anything, either new or old--is that I'm afraid that June might be heavier on announcements and I just don't want to get myself into a bind. And since Centipede's Ghost Story is on the horizon, it stretches that budget even thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I think part of my hesitation--on buying anything, either new or old--is that I'm afraid that June might be heavier on announcements and I just don't want to get myself into a bind. And since Centipede's Ghost Story is on the horizon, it stretches that budget even thinner.
              That makes complete sense! I'm also wondering how heavy June is going to be, but I decided to roll the dice anyway, especially since I know that I already can't swing Ghost Story from Centipede. Very jealous of the buyers obtaining a copy! 

Comment

Working...
              X