No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go back and forth on dustjackets. I do enjoy a nice dustjacket, but I equally enjoy books sans the dustjacket and nice looking boards. I don't think a book either having one or not is a deciding factor at all for me. Obviously, what the art or design on the boards are dustjacket do play into that decision-making.

I will go on the record and say that the non-traycased lettered editions that CD was doing for a while are some of my favorite lettereds by CD. I actually still wish that they made them. They might have been a little more popular if a slipcase had been included, but I know that the reason for no case was to move them along in production a lot faster.

Comment

Got shipping notices for both the next four Splatter Westerns and the next lettered edition!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Got shipping notices for both the next four Splatter Westerns and the next lettered edition!
        I'm jealous! Very much looking forward to receiving my shipping notice for the Splatter Westerns!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I'm jealous! Very much looking forward to receiving my shipping notice for the Splatter Westerns!
          I'm sure they're coming your way soon. Paul's been on a shipping kick lately it seems.

Comment

Got my Thunderstorm orders today! Man, those things came fast! Happy to add a few more books to the Splatter Western set and also love the new lettered edition of DARK KIN by the Lansdales!
            image_22719.jpg

Splatter Western Set.jpg

Comment

Beautiful. I really screwed up by not jumping on the Splatterwestern series at the beginning..too late now, almost twenty volumes in.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Beautiful. I really screwed up by not jumping on the Splatterwestern series at the beginning..too late now, almost twenty volumes in.
                You can pick them up on the aftermarket for decent prices. Bad Moon had some listed at one point on eBay for like $50-55 a pop. Paul hasn't offered the latest four books to the public yet, so maybe could start with newest books.

Comment

You can pick them up on the aftermarket for decent prices. Bad Moon had some listed at one point on eBay for like $50-55 a pop. Paul hasn't offered the latest four books to the public yet, so maybe could start with newest books.
                  I toy with that idea every now and then...perhaps someday I'll weaken. At the moment, it seems tough to overcome...even at $50 or so a pop, that's almost a $1000 for the series thus far.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Congrats on the new car. Hopefully, you didn't get raked over the coals too bad as the prices right now are a bit ridiculous!
                    Thanks! Prices on cars are ridiculous but I'm going to be commuting for school now so we needed something more reliable. We were looking for something used, but prices are so ridiculous in this area, even high mileage used cars are going for $20k+. Ultimately we decided on a new 2024 Subaru Crosstrek. So far I like it.

Comment

Yeah, the aftermarket isn't too bad for these; although, I'm convinced that I'll never be able to track down a hardcover copy of The Magpie Coffin at a decent price.

Comment

Yeah, the aftermarket isn't too bad for these; although, I'm convinced that I'll never be able to track down a hardcover copy of The Magpie Coffin at a decent price.
                        I missed the hardcovers when they first came out, so I opted to get the paperbacks and try to get them signed at conventions, etc. Working pretty good so far. Did you see the release poster Thunderstorm did? Pretty neat.
                        Last edited by mhatchett; 07-06-2024, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Got letter W of the splatter westerns today plus Veiled. Veiled ended up being 57 copies.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I missed the hardcovers when they first came out, so I opted to get the paperbacks and try to get them signed at conventions, etc. Working pretty good so far. Did you see the release poster Thunderstorm did? Pretty neat.
                            No, I've never seen this poster and am very jealous. You truly have a sweet set-up for your books!

Comment

Just received my copy of John Baltisberger's "Abhorrent Existence". This book turned looks fantastic. The cover art is very cool looking, and I really dig the end-sheets and signature sheets. Hope to read this sometime soon!

Comment

Was just on the Thunderstorm homepage. Been a very long time since I've seen that many books still available for purchase.

Comment

Working...
                                X