Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I agree that it is rather pricey. Normally I would probably not go for something like this, but I have a soft spot for Thunderstorm's chapbooks and Elementals series, which this book might not be officially part of either of those lines, it is at least a spiritual cousin.
    I think the Thunderstorm ordering page listed it as a part of the Elemental line from what I remember.

Comment

Just got my shipping notice for Bryan Smith's "Kill the Hunter"! Can't wait to check this one out. Hadn't previously heard of it, and there's only a few middling reviews for it on Goodreads; however, generally speaking, I do enjoy Smiths writing; so, I have high hopes for it!

Comment

There was no note about keeping it quiet, so I'm assuming it's free to discuss...but did anyone else get the email and/or purchase the new limited of The Girl on the Porch being published by Thunderstorm, yet only being sold through CD?

Comment

There was no note about keeping it quiet, so I'm assuming it's free to discuss...but did anyone else get the email and/or purchase the new limited of The Girl on the Porch being published by Thunderstorm, yet only being sold through CD?
          I haven't received the email yet nor did I make the purchase when it was posted (very briefly) on the Thunderstorm page.  I thought, per Paul's last post" that it was being offered exclusively by CD".  Did you receive an order email?

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I haven't received the email yet nor did I make the purchase when it was posted (very briefly) on the Thunderstorm page. I thought, per Paul's last post" that it was being offered exclusively by CD". Did you receive an order email?
            I did. It was one of those "Today we're offering" emails with instructions to pay via Paypal or Venmo. It was a CDCC email as I haven't been a member for at least 3-4 years, so I assumed it was one of CD's emails where they have something in limited quantity and are selling it via emails instead of through the site.

From what little I know about this arrangement, the books being produced are going to be sold only through CD and that the posting on Thunderstorm's page was informational only. I am a little confused, though, that if this is going to be an ongoing arrangement, why not a more formalized announcement from CD? I'm not criticizing, just curious as to decisions.

Comment

I did. It was one of those "Today we're offering" emails with instructions to pay via Paypal or Venmo. It was a CDCC email as I haven't been a member for at least 3-4 years, so I assumed it was one of CD's emails where they have something in limited quantity and are selling it via emails instead of through the site.

From what little I know about this arrangement, the books being produced are going to be sold only through CD and that the posting on Thunderstorm's page was informational only. I am a little confused, though, that if this is going to be an ongoing arrangement, why not a more formalized announcement from CD? I'm not criticizing, just curious as to decisions.
              I received the CD email, and it is a strange one. The purchase appears to be directly from Richard Chizmar and not actually through CD. The email address and Venmo account are Richards. Although I liked the story, I have no interest in another copy, so it is an easy pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I received the CD email, and it is a strange one. The purchase appears to be directly from Richard Chizmar and not actually through CD. The email address and Venmo account are Richards. Although I liked the story, I have no interest in another copy, so it is an easy pass for me.
                I did wind up purchasing a copy. Though, to be frank, it had much more to do with wanting to support a new endeavor by Thunderstorm than the title being offered itself. I have the Sub Press limited and will make the decision of which one to keep once the new edition arrives.

Comment

I guess it makes sense that since the book(s) is very limited that they would offer it to CDCC members first.  I've never been a part of the CDCC (and don't want to be).  It does feel like a weird way to roll out a new line of books, but perhaps they will make an announcement up the road.  I would assume that it sells out via the CDCC before it ever gets to the general public; so, perhaps I am wrong and a general announcement will not be made.  Guess we shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I guess it makes sense that since the book(s) is very limited that they would offer it to CDCC members first. I've never been a part of the CDCC (and don't want to be). It does feel like a weird way to roll out a new line of books, but perhaps they will make an announcement up the road. I would assume that it sells out via the CDCC before it ever gets to the general public; so, perhaps I am wrong and a general announcement will not be made. Guess we shall see!
                    Well, the thing is I'm not a member of the CDCC and haven't been for years and this wasn't listed as one of those "we're giving select customers a shot before the the official announcement goes out" kinda things. Just a "here's what we're offering today."

And just as a disclaimer: I'm definitely not trying to make this anything more than it is. I was just wondering if anybody had got the email and their general thoughts about the book, announcement, etc.

Comment

Anyone going to snag any of the April books? Only one was an absolute must-have for me and I pre-ordered it right away. I may try to snag a couple of the others if they last a while, but if they sold out beforehand, it wouldn't break my heart. Also glad to hear that the Drive-In book will begin shipping next week. Excited to finally get my hands on that and hope it turned out well!

Comment

2 for me. Skipped Girl on the Porch. Splatter Westerns, Elementals and some Black Voltages are enough for me.

Comment

I'm passing on the Strand for right now. If anything, I'm going to track down the last two books in his Thunderstorm imprint before tackling any of the Black Voltage titles. Going to be vague since these haven't been announced, but I'm picking up the one that's part of a series since I've been getting those. The novel is by an author that I really enjoy so I'll eventually pick that up, but it might be after I see Suntup's Kin announcement. The short story collection I am torn on. Not an author I typically buy, but these stories sound interesting and for some reason, Thunderstorm's collections always hit just right for me. So, in short, I'll be getting two.

Comment

I'm passing on the Strand for right now. If anything, I'm going to track down the last two books in his Thunderstorm imprint before tackling any of the Black Voltage titles. Going to be vague since these haven't been announced, but I'm picking up the one that's part of a series since I've been getting those. The novel is by an author that I really enjoy so I'll eventually pick that up, but it might be after I see Suntup's Kin announcement. The short story collection I am torn on. Not an author I typically buy, but these stories sound interesting and for some reason, Thunderstorm's collections always hit just right for me. So, in short, I'll be getting two.
                            The one that's a part of a series looks great, but I ultimately passed because I don't have the previous books and am not quite ready to begin tracking them down, especially as I plan to join you on this month's Suntup book. I don't own any Strand books; so, while the title sounded interesting, I passed on that one too. I did grab the story collection that you reference as I enjoy the author quite a bit and this one sounds bonkers. The last title is one that I may grab in the future if it doesn't sell out quickly, but since it's the lowest limitation, my expectation is that it will sell out.

Comment

I went with the lowest limitation one. I'll probably grab the strand soon. Other 2 no real interest.

Comment

Is one of the books you're missing Allison, by chance?

If so, I have a copy for sale for nearly half off! ;-)

It's a shame that his imprint only lasted five titles. I assume it had to do with the changes in his personal life. The Black Voltage titles are fancier, however, so they'll still be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X