Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Thanks for posting. Decided to roll the dice on this as I am missing it from my Thunderstorm collection. I too didn't see any issues with the pictures, and it is listed as "New & Hardcover"; so, with any luck, it will work out for me. Am a tad worried as the seller does state that they will not accept returns. Hopefully, if the item isn't as listed, EBAY will be able to do something for me. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
    Nice! I'm glad someone jumped on this as it is a heck of a deal.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sock Monkey;n196606]Hey, guys! I stumbled across this copy of Lullabies for Suffering on eBay. This is one of my favorite recently released anthologies and it's listed for an insanely low $25. I didn't catch any issues in the pictures. QUOTE]

Thanks again for listing this Sock Monkey! I just received it today. While poorly packaged, it arrived safely. Thumbed through it briefly since I am at work and I don't see any obvious defects or dings. It is a PC copy and not a numbered copy, but I really don't care about that at all as a collector unless I've been maintaining a number for an entire series which unfortunately isn't the case with my Thunderstorm collection. Looking at the TOC, I don't believe that I've previously read any of these authors with the exception of Kealan Patrick Burke; so, I'm excited to see what this anthology brings to the table.

Comment

[QUOTE=sholloman81;n196621]
        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Hey, guys! I stumbled across this copy of Lullabies for Suffering on eBay. This is one of my favorite recently released anthologies and it's listed for an insanely low $25. I didn't catch any issues in the pictures. QUOTE]

Thanks again for listing this Sock Monkey! I just received it today. While poorly packaged, it arrived safely. Thumbed through it briefly since I am at work and I don't see any obvious defects or dings. It is a PC copy and not a numbered copy, but I really don't care about that at all as a collector unless I've been maintaining a number for an entire series which unfortunately isn't the case with my Thunderstorm collection. Looking at the TOC, I don't believe that I've previously read any of these authors with the exception of Kealan Patrick Burke; so, I'm excited to see what this anthology brings to the table.
        I'm glad to have helped! I'd love to hear your thoughts about the book once you've gotten around to reading it.

Comment

[QUOTE=sholloman81;n196621]
          Hey, guys! I stumbled across this copy of Lullabies for Suffering on eBay. This is one of my favorite recently released anthologies and it's listed for an insanely low $25. I didn't catch any issues in the pictures. QUOTE]

I bought a handful of other Thunderstorm books from the same seller. Just as poorly packaged, but all the titles were miraculously unharmed and significantly cheaper than cover price!

Comment

I would buy them at that price any day. I'm completely happy with the 4 I bought.

Comment

Circumstances have forced me to discontinue my TSB collection - I have a complete TSB collection up to today, all number 32 or letter K. Before I break them up and become virtually a TSB store, I thought I would make an offer to collectors: You can now take over number 32 and/or letter K for all future releases (with Paul's approval as he has already agreed) I am making my books available to serious collectors, for instance if you take over #32 for Black Voltage going forward, and want a complete collection, we can make arrangements to transfer the collection gradually, maybe 20 or 30 books per month. Private Reserve letter K can work the same way. I will also sell the first group of Screaming Cacti lettered so a collector can jump in and get a complete letter K of Cacti. Splatter Westerns group 1 also available as a set. Anyone interested, let me know and we can discuss arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                Circumstances have forced me to discontinue my TSB collection - I have a complete TSB collection up to today, all number 32 or letter K. Before I break them up and become virtually a TSB store, I thought I would make an offer to collectors: You can now take over number 32 and/or letter K for all future releases (with Paul's approval as he has already agreed) I am making my books available to serious collectors, for instance if you take over #32 for Black Voltage going forward, and want a complete collection, we can make arrangements to transfer the collection gradually, maybe 20 or 30 books per month. Private Reserve letter K can work the same way. I will also sell the first group of Screaming Cacti lettered so a collector can jump in and get a complete letter K of Cacti. Splatter Westerns group 1 also available as a set. Anyone interested, let me know and we can discuss arrangements.
                I don't have the available shelf space or budget to make much of a dent in your massive collection (and I'm sorry that circumstances are forcing this upon you) --and I'm theoretically downsizing my collection as well -- but I've always been interested in owning the Ronald Kelly Essentials series, eight volumes, I believe. If that's something you want to parcel out at some point, keep me in mind...thanks.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have to get rid of these. Wish I could afford the lot, but there is no way that I could ever swing it. If you do decide to part out the collection, let me know as there are definitely some individual titles that I would love to purchase from you, if available.

Comment

Just so everybody understands, I don't have to sell all right away, but as I stop buying new titles the chance to keep the lines together only exists until Paul sells 32 or K as a single sale. after that I'll break them up as requested.

Comment

Wow. I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having to do this. It must’ve been a hard decision to make.

With a collection of this size, it might be worthwhile to try selling through Camelot. Their cut of the proceeds might be offset by the the higher price tag you might get. I’m sure there are people out there willing to pay a premium for a matching set.

Comment

I think I'll grab the Unhinged by David Bernstein next.

Comment

Just got my Thunderstorm shipment with "Anybody Home" by Michael J Seidlinger, "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski, and "The Ecstasy of Agony" by Wrath James White. Have never read any of these books or authors and am excited by each of them. Hopefully, I will find some new favorites!

Comment

I received a lettered copy of Depraved 4 directly from Bryan Smith's store. This edition has seven chapters of an early discarded draft which I thought was neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                              I received a lettered copy of Depraved 4 directly from Bryan Smith's store. This edition has seven chapters of an early discarded draft which I thought was neat.
                              I'm a big fan of the style of these Screaming Cacti lettered editions that Thunderstorm is doing.

I haven't read any of Smith's Depraved series. I run rather lukewarm on his stuff. Should I be hunting down the first three books in the series?

Comment

I haven't read any of Smith's Depraved series. I run rather lukewarm on his stuff. Should I be hunting down the first three books in the series?
                                I’ve only read the first one at the moment but I really enjoyed it. If you’re a fan of the redneck cannibal genre (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hills Have Eyes, etc) you’ll get a kick out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X