No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my copy of Joe Lansdale's Dark Kin. It turned out amazing. The color scheme/design truly works for this one. The artwork is also top-notch. Also don't mind the lettering on the spine, though it will look a bit odd next to other BV books. Overall, I'm very happy to add this to my Landale collection!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      Just received my copy of Joe Lansdale's Dark Kin. It turned out amazing. The color scheme/design truly works for this one. The artwork is also top-notch. Also don't mind the lettering on the spine, though it will look a bit odd next to other BV books. Overall, I'm very happy to add this to my Landale collection!
      The title is on the spine of the dust jacket? That's bizarre for their titles.

Comment

I'm trying to remember why I didn't order this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          I'm trying to remember why I didn't order this one.
          I skipped it as well, which is unlike me when it comes to Lansdale. My thinking was that it was five "classic" tales -- that I then must surely have somewhere else in other collections -- with one original novella. His daughter's name was on the cover, so I assumed that original novella, the only content that I didn't have, was a collaboration. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but if I'm paying $125 for, essentially, a novella, I don't want a collaboration work. That was my thinking. If you have regrets on passing on it, it looks like there are copies still available:

https://thunderstormbooks.com/thunde...book/dark-kin/
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I know a couple of the stories appeared in Terror is Out Business - maybe I assumed they were all reprinted elsewhere? I'll inevitably pick it up later, like I do with everything else Lansdale.

Comment

I decided against dark kin. Next on the hunt list will be inner demons. Which will probably be another fun one.

Comment

So apparently Thunderstorm is doing lettered books but they're not being announced via the newsletter or the site? I only found out about them because the authors posted them on social media.

Spoiler!
                Last edited by CyberGhostface; 04-21-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                  So apparently Thunderstorm is doing lettered books but they're not being announced via the newsletter or the site? I only found out about them because the authors posted them on social media.

Spoiler!
                  Your spoiler images are blank. Any way you could try reposting? Would love to see what may be announced soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Spoiler!
                    Yeah, these lettered editions are part of a line called Screaming Cacti, which are first offered to members who have access to the Thunderstorm Clubhouse page. The non-traycased editions (like the ones you posted) are limited to only 26 copies with previous buyers of the series having "rights" to the next book. I know that the first two books (Depraved 4 and Life After Dane) sold out pre-publication, but I'm not sure what Paul's plans are for offering them for sale to the general public if they don't sell out via the Clubhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Your spoiler images are blank. Any way you could try reposting? Would love to see what may be announced soon.
                      They're Cannibal Creator by Chad Lutzke and Depraved 4 by Bryan Smith.

https://twitter.com/Bryan_D_Smith/st...63567203676163
                      https://www.facebook.com/chad.lutzke...Li5jX5bwEnWGUl

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Yeah, these lettered editions are part of a line called Screaming Cacti, which are first offered to members who have access to the Thunderstorm Clubhouse page. The non-traycased editions (like the ones you posted) are limited to only 26 copies with previous buyers of the series having "rights" to the next book. I know that the first two books (Depraved 4 and Life After Dane) sold out pre-publication, but I'm not sure what Paul's plans are for offering them for sale to the general public if they don't sell out via the Clubhouse.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Camelot's got Crimson Springs for issue price of $99. The Deceived might wind up being a holy grail. It's hard to come by. I wish I hadn't sold my copy a couple years back.
                        Definitely a holy grail. Another one would be Mia Moja. Of course I never thought I would hunt down House of Blood. I now have a complete Set's Quartet set. All PCs.

My top 5 would probably be: The Decieved, Mia Moja, Leader of the Banned, Lights Out BV and The Blue People. One day.

I have a piece of my budget always set aside just in case they become available.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post

Definitely a holy grail. Another one would be Mia Moja. Of course I never thought I would hunt down House of Blood. I now have a complete Set's Quartet set. All PCs.

My top 5 would probably be: The Decieved, Mia Moja, Leader of the Banned, Lights Out BV and The Blue People. One day.

I have a piece of my budget always set aside just in case they become available.
                          I have LEADER OF THE BANNED…didn’t realize it was that scarce. Love Keene’s non-fiction.

Comment

Its the last of the 1st ten black voltages I need.

Comment

Congrats on the Set's Quartet PCs. Those are not easy to come by. Once again I kick myself because I used to have a copy of MIA MOJA, which I remember liking quite a bit, but wound up being sold in a moment of book purging. Now it goes for pretty steep prices.

Comment

Its the last of the 1st ten black voltages I need.
                                You wouldn't want mine anyhow...Paul sent it to me many years back as a gift so has my name as the limitation number. Best of luck in your search.

Comment

Working...
                                X