Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Yep, I think it was 100% the need to cut so many pages simply because of pricing/printing concerns. Bev Vincent has written a great (unannounced) essay all about this, which will appear at the end of our special edition of THE STAND.

Brian
    Gotta LOVE bonus materials!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      So now that CD is closing in on the 2/3 point of The Doubleday Years set this would be a good time to announce The Viking Years. Of course this a much larger effort so you should probably plan for 3 releases a year.
      They've barely managed three in a decade, let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

They've barely managed three in a decade, let's not get ahead of ourselves here
        Hey, despite CD's problems thus far with the DD Years- and, sincerely hoping that those problems are in the past- I am ALL for the Viking Years. The books are great, and I'm glad to have them. Just would like one every six months. Surely we can manage that now that the printer is sorted, no?

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Hey, despite CD's problems thus far with the DD Years- and, sincerely hoping that those problems are in the past- I am ALL for the Viking Years. The books are great, and I'm glad to have them. Just would like one every six months. Surely we can manage that now that the printer is sorted, no?
          Their shortest gap between Doubleday titles was twelve or so months between 'Salem's Lot and The Shining, which predated both their initial printer issues and the supply chain issues caused by the pandemic. King titles are also incredibly large undertakings for CD and their subs, even in the absolute best circumstances. For them to do two King books a year would likely mean they'd have to give up publishing anything else until a hypothetical Viking Years set was completed.

I'd absolutely sign up for a Viking Years set, but I would also expect the timeline involved to be measured in decades rather than years.

Comment

If you've ever wondered what THE STAND printed out single-sided on copy paper might look like, here you go...

Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Looks like a self-defense weapon!

Comment

Wow....looks like 1500 pages (3 reams).

Mulleins
                I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

That's quite a stack! I can't wait to see the final version.

Comment

Hiya Brian, when's "The Stand" coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Vamperotika View Post
                      Hiya Brian, when's "The Stand" coming?
                      It’s already here. We’ve been living it the last 14 months.

Comment

Hey guys, a couple months ago, I got into collecting Stephen King books (although I've been a longtime reader). And only just recently, I have learned about limited editions! While I'm sad I didn't hear about this years ago when the Doubleday Years projects began, I'd like to be a proud owner of the Gift Editions released for The Stand and Pet Sematary when the pre-order is announced.

Can anybody tell me how that works, if there's a priority given to prior buyers or if it's all first come first served? Do people compulsively check the CD site for announcements or just wait for email news alerts? I really don't want to miss this opportunity now that I've learned about these beautiful editions! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by bennyb View Post
                          Hey guys, a couple months ago, I got into collecting Stephen King books (although I've been a longtime reader). And only just recently, I have learned about limited editions! While I'm sad I didn't hear about this years ago when the Doubleday Years projects began, I'd like to be a proud owner of the Gift Editions released for The Stand and Pet Sematary when the pre-order is announced.

Can anybody tell me how that works, if there's a priority given to prior buyers or if it's all first come first served? Do people compulsively check the CD site for announcements or just wait for email news alerts? I really don't want to miss this opportunity now that I've learned about these beautiful editions! Thanks in advance!
                          Previous buyers are given early access to the pre-order page for each title; for example, I and a number of others here have already ordered THE STAND...PET CEMETERY has not been offered for sale yet. Those who were not granted early access are able to order upon receiving the email that indicates the general public preorder page is up. The best thing to do is make sure you're signed up for Cemetery Dance's email newsletter, and keep an eye out for the notification and hope you're checking email when it hits as copies will go quickly. You could also contact Camelot Books and see if they are taking reservations for these titles.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

One caveat to what Ron said is that very early on, CD offered the option to preorder all the books in the Doubleday Years set, so some folks have paid for their copies of Pet Sematary.

All that said, I believe all artist editions to date have made it to a public preorder, so if you sign up for the newsletter, you shouldn't miss a chance to purchase the last two books.

Comment

So, it's getting to the end of 2023...any sign of The Stand yet? The world's gonna end for real before I get this book

Comment

Working...
                              X