X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I was just asking a question. As comments about CD go I'd say mine was pretty mild. I'd like to think that the public face of Cemetery Dance would know whether it's at the printer or not. If he doesn't know, wouldn't it be easy for him to find out?

Anyway, I will refrain from posting anything even vaguely negative in the future.

My apologies.
    I did not take your question as being negative in any way. In its current state the Production Update page is basically useless, CD is aware of that. I have stopped even checking it.

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied

So this statement on the Production Updates page is not correct?:

"The plan is to make the official "public" announcement of The Stand and sell the remaining preorders after the book is rolling at the printer for a while."
    Was indeed the plan! I'll reach out to the product update page guy and harass him more. I know it's a big undertaking, but we REALLY need to get those dates on things. The issue, as I understand it, comes to the other stuff we actively have at the printer and the shipping manpower. Face in the Crowd/Longest December is the super massive project underway at the moment(on top of the regular products underway). It had been planned for last November, but spilled into early 2023(March? April?). After that, The Stand is the super massive one we push toward creation, at least to the best of my knowledge. I hesitate to say anything for certain, even understanding how frustrating that is, because I don't want to say "this is printing" and have some miserable delay happen. Last summer, UPS lost a fully printed pallet of books. Still missing. Already had a printer hiccup this year. Things can go really sideways even during the best situations.

I understand it's frustrating and please reach out to me with any questions! My primary role is as warehouse manager, so I'm best able to inform what I'm actively expecting and what I can learn from texting people and bellowing across the office, but I also work on miscellaneous stuff and am trying to pick up with production. So please, always ask!

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

What part of not certain do you not get? Most likely it is. Frankly while I understand everyone’s frustration with how long it’s been taking for books to get done I don’t understand why people just don’t ask for a refund and stop complaining. This is one of the reasons I have been avoiding the forum for a while. That and the Jeff word slam Cemetery Dance YouTube channel. Just walk away and let those who are patiently waiting and understand that things have not been on track wait for the books. Yes the gods of Suntup have been getting things out but they also are using materials that not a lot of other publishers are. I have been seeing that there are delays from other publishers more and more the last few months. I’m just really sick of all the negativity everywhere. Rant over!!
    I hope you understand that posts like this are self-defeating. "I hate all this negativity! I'm going to express that by shouting an angry screed at another poster asking a fairly innocuous question!"

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dannyb View Post

I keep getting word that the wait is for Stephen Kings signature. Which doesn't go on the artist edition of the book.
    Confuses me as to why we have to wait so long for an artist edition to not get The Man's signature.
    That's a thing that bothered me for a while, so asked around--apparently the printer we use for certain projects (particularly the really cool ones) has minimum numbers that they will allow for printing. We can print the artist and lettered together, but if we print them separately the printers will not then run the lettereds when we have the sig sheets completed, as that second run is too small for their press when it doesn't piggyback the artist/limited edition. It does lead to issues as in this case, and from what I understand it(along with traycase delays) is a large part why we've been hesitant to pursue lettered editions except in extremely high profile collectors editions.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

What part of not certain do you not get? Most likely it is. Frankly while I understand everyone’s frustration with how long it’s been taking for books to get done I don’t understand why people just don’t ask for a refund and stop complaining. This is one of the reasons I have been avoiding the forum for a while. That and the Jeff word slam Cemetery Dance YouTube channel. Just walk away and let those who are patiently waiting and understand that things have not been on track wait for the books. Yes the gods of Suntup have been getting things out but they also are using materials that not a lot of other publishers are. I have been seeing that there are delays from other publishers more and more the last few months. I’m just really sick of all the negativity everywhere. Rant over!!
    I was just asking a question. As comments about CD go I'd say mine was pretty mild. I'd like to think that the public face of Cemetery Dance would know whether it's at the printer or not. If he doesn't know, wouldn't it be easy for him to find out?

Anyway, I will refrain from posting anything even vaguely negative in the future.

My apologies.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

"The plan is to make the official "public" announcement of The Stand and sell the remaining preorders after the book is rolling at the printer for a while."

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

I am not certain it is rolling at the printers, but I believe it is prepped to go! ! believe they may space it out so we have Face in the Crowd come in and go a bit before The Stand comes in. When I have confirmation that it is running at the printers, I will try to post here!

Leave a comment:

• Dannyb
    replied

Night Shift Lettered cases should start soon, I believe! Books are in and lovely, but that doesn't mean much until the cases are in. As for Flight or Fright I will ask around regarding. I believe it is still waiting for signatures, but I will check around to see for sure.

I keep getting word that the wait is for Stephen Kings signature. Which doesn't go on the artist edition of the book.
    Confuses me as to why we have to wait so long for an artist edition to not get The Man's signature.

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by amd013 View Post
    Has the "Flight or Fright" ever been signed. Think we have been waiting for that last signature for a couple of years or more.

Any progress on Night Shift Lettered?
    Night Shift Lettered cases should start soon, I believe! Books are in and lovely, but that doesn't mean much until the cases are in. As for Flight or Fright I will ask around regarding. I believe it is still waiting for signatures, but I will check around to see for sure.

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post

Still no shipping notice at least for me.
    Sent a response up above, but we're having technical difficulties printing the orders! I apologize, I am not sure if it's resolved or not. I know M and K have been working on it over the weekend

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by mcoffell View Post
    With The Stand sale just happening (congrats on the quick sell out!), can we assume that that book is now rolling on the printers?
    I am not certain it is rolling at the printers, but I believe it is prepped to go! ! believe they may space it out so we have Face in the Crowd come in and go a bit before The Stand comes in. When I have confirmation that it is running at the printers, I will try to post here!

Leave a comment:

• DanFranklin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Hi Dan,

Sorry to bug you again. Per your note, I still haven't received a shipping notice and wanted to reach back out to see if you have an updated eta for shipping the book. As always, any info is appreciated!
    Our software has been weird about printing up orders for Pleasant Brook! I think the folks who work on that have it figured out, I know they've been spending hours and hours resetting each one manually. I'll let you know as I have more information! The books are here, the orders are all logged, it's just printing them up that is weird atm. Sorry for the delay!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

The rest just arrived! I know there are a handful of slipcases to go out and sig sheet grab bags and whatnot, but I expect they'll be out within a week! If you've not heard anything by then, let me know and I'll start printing up orders and shipping them out when I get free moments
    Hi Dan,

Sorry to bug you again. Per your note, I still haven't received a shipping notice and wanted to reach back out to see if you have an updated eta for shipping the book. As always, any info is appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• mcoffell
    replied
    With The Stand sale just happening (congrats on the quick sell out!), can we assume that that book is now rolling on the printers?

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied

The rest just arrived! I know there are a handful of slipcases to go out and sig sheet grab bags and whatnot, but I expect they'll be out within a week! If you've not heard anything by then, let me know and I'll start printing up orders and shipping them out when I get free moments
    Still no shipping notice at least for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X