This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thank you for pointing this update out. I took a look at it and it is greatly improved. I do have a few suggestions from a useability standpoint. Not all titles have links to the product page. The link is useful for people like me who do not have all the title details committed to memory and want to make sure what book the update is about. My second suggestion is to please avoid using acronyms. Multiple books state ' Planned to print with the rest of the FGB', I have no idea what that is. I actually went to look at one of the books 'In The Porches of My Ears' to try and figure it out and there is no link. I then noticed that 'Suffer The Children' had the same statement and a link. The description of the book also does not explain 'FGB'. My last suggestion is book specific. 'The Stand' update states 'We are finishing up the slipcase/traycase design. We are scheduled to produce it this autumn.' Does that statement mean that the book will be ready to ship in Autumn or that you will begin production of the cases at that time? If, as I suspect, the cases will begin production in the autumn, then the autumn date is just a milestone in production, as a customer I am looking for a shipping estimate rather than an estimate of a milestone. 

I want to sincerely thank the people updating the production update page. It is an important tool for your customers!

Thank you! And thanks for the input on how to make it better/more functional.

It's still a work in progress, some of the changes advised are still intended! I drafted it up in an email and dumped it on the website guy at once, still needs some cleaning up.

All titles should lead to product pages that include the specs for the Limited editions, but realistically that's going to be an ongoing process. Should be a more current update coming in the next couple days and I believe we're going to be able to start moving some of the really old titles in the coming months. Will add in changing FGB to say "Forthcoming Grab Bag." As for The Stand--as it stands(har har) I'm told we plan to ship the book in Autumn. Can't guarantee it rock-solid, but that's certainly the timeline we're using around the office. Will hopefully be able to put it in green as "Printing" by the end of summer. Fingers crossed!
    CD Email: [email protected]
    My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

It's still a work in progress, some of the changes advised are still intended! I drafted it up in an email and dumped it on the website guy at once, still needs some cleaning up.

All titles should lead to product pages that include the specs for the Limited editions, but realistically that's going to be an ongoing process. Should be a more current update coming in the next couple days and I believe we're going to be able to start moving some of the really old titles in the coming months. Will add in changing FGB to say "Forthcoming Grab Bag." As for The Stand--as it stands(har har) I'm told we plan to ship the book in Autumn. Can't guarantee it rock-solid, but that's certainly the timeline we're using around the office. Will hopefully be able to put it in green as "Printing" by the end of summer. Fingers crossed!
      As someone with a significant number of backorders dating back to 2007, I greatly appreciate the efforts to improve the communication on the status of the backlog!

Comment

Same as Martin - I appreciate the efforts. I too have backorders dating backing to 2017, and it's nice to know that some of these older titles have some actual movement occurring.

Comment

Is there a reason that the Production Update page was reverted to the prior version?

Comment

Is there a reason that the Production Update page was reverted to the prior version?
            Should be back up in a day or so! HTML was being dodgy so we are designing it differently so it can actually be tweaked/updated without crashing. Will be right back!

Comment

Should be back up in a day or so! HTML was being dodgy so we are designing it differently so it can actually be tweaked/updated without crashing. Will be right back!
              I was hoping it was just something like that! Thank You.

Comment

Still no the store.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                  Still no the store.
                  If you mean CD shipping their copies of Little’s THE STORE, I received mine (from CD) at least a month ago.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

If you mean CD shipping their copies of Little’s THE STORE, I received mine (from CD) at least a month ago.
                    I haven't received mine either. Perhaps something came in that took priority in the shipping queue?

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I haven't received mine either. Perhaps something came in that took priority in the shipping queue?
                      I would email Mindy. I got my copy after emailing her. Now I'm waiting for the Lividian Fairy Tale slipcase.

Comment

Just want to point out that the new Production Update page has quickly become just like the previous version. The last three updates have all listed a new update date at the top with the following update directly below the new date. 'A Face in the Crowd/The Longest December will be another 3-4 weeks before copies are ready to ship to us.' The update on the book at the top is dated May 4th and provides a 3 to 4 week delay. The update below for the sale book lists an update date of 03/31 and states 'Due to delays, we expect the trade edition in April.'
                        So basically, the site states that the book is being delayed an additional 3 to 4 weeks repeatedly.

Comment

Just want to point out that the new Production Update page has quickly become just like the previous version. The last three updates have all listed a new update date at the top with the following update directly below the new date. 'A Face in the Crowd/The Longest December will be another 3-4 weeks before copies are ready to ship to us.' The update on the book at the top is dated May 4th and provides a 3 to 4 week delay. The update below for the sale book lists an update date of 03/31 and states 'Due to delays, we expect the trade edition in April.'
                          So basically, the site states that the book is being delayed an additional 3 to 4 weeks repeatedly.
                          I've noticed that too. Any such 'update' is pointless without a date for reference. On another note, Interview with the Vampire was supposed to be done in April...any updates on that one?

Comment

Finally got The Store last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                              On another note, Interview with the Vampire was supposed to be done in April...any updates on that one?
                              And on checking today, I see an update. Looks like it should be done by the end of May: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice:
                              PRINTING. Anticipated to arrive in the next two weeks. As the slipcase has not yet been produced, we will ship the book and slipcase separately to get your books to you faster. It’s gorgeous. (5/17/2023)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

And on checking today, I see an update. Looks like it should be done by the end of May: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice:
                                PRINTING. Anticipated to arrive in the next two weeks. As the slipcase has not yet been produced, we will ship the book and slipcase separately to get your books to you faster. It’s gorgeous. (5/17/2023)

Off the record, but Interview books are in stock! We have a whole bunch of things to ship first, though

Comment

Working...
                                X