This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

I am not certain it is rolling at the printers, but I believe it is prepped to go! ! believe they may space it out so we have Face in the Crowd come in and go a bit before The Stand comes in. When I have confirmation that it is running at the printers, I will try to post here!
    So this statement on the Production Updates page is not correct?:

"The plan is to make the official "public" announcement of The Stand and sell the remaining preorders after the book is rolling at the printer for a while."

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

"The plan is to make the official "public" announcement of The Stand and sell the remaining preorders after the book is rolling at the printer for a while."
      What part of not certain do you not get? Most likely it is. Frankly while I understand everyone’s frustration with how long it’s been taking for books to get done I don’t understand why people just don’t ask for a refund and stop complaining. This is one of the reasons I have been avoiding the forum for a while. That and the Jeff word slam Cemetery Dance YouTube channel. Just walk away and let those who are patiently waiting and understand that things have not been on track wait for the books. Yes the gods of Suntup have been getting things out but they also are using materials that not a lot of other publishers are. I have been seeing that there are delays from other publishers more and more the last few months. I’m just really sick of all the negativity everywhere. Rant over!!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

What part of not certain do you not get? Most likely it is. Frankly while I understand everyone’s frustration with how long it’s been taking for books to get done I don’t understand why people just don’t ask for a refund and stop complaining. This is one of the reasons I have been avoiding the forum for a while. That and the Jeff word slam Cemetery Dance YouTube channel. Just walk away and let those who are patiently waiting and understand that things have not been on track wait for the books. Yes the gods of Suntup have been getting things out but they also are using materials that not a lot of other publishers are. I have been seeing that there are delays from other publishers more and more the last few months. I’m just really sick of all the negativity everywhere. Rant over!!
        I was just asking a question. As comments about CD go I'd say mine was pretty mild. I'd like to think that the public face of Cemetery Dance would know whether it's at the printer or not. If he doesn't know, wouldn't it be easy for him to find out?

Anyway, I will refrain from posting anything even vaguely negative in the future.

My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyb View Post

I keep getting word that the wait is for Stephen Kings signature. Which doesn't go on the artist edition of the book.
          Confuses me as to why we have to wait so long for an artist edition to not get The Man's signature.
          That's a thing that bothered me for a while, so asked around--apparently the printer we use for certain projects (particularly the really cool ones) has minimum numbers that they will allow for printing. We can print the artist and lettered together, but if we print them separately the printers will not then run the lettereds when we have the sig sheets completed, as that second run is too small for their press when it doesn't piggyback the artist/limited edition. It does lead to issues as in this case, and from what I understand it(along with traycase delays) is a large part why we've been hesitant to pursue lettered editions except in extremely high profile collectors editions.
          CD Email: [email protected]
          My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

I hope you understand that posts like this are self-defeating. "I hate all this negativity! I'm going to express that by shouting an angry screed at another poster asking a fairly innocuous question!"

Comment

Was indeed the plan! I'll reach out to the product update page guy and harass him more. I know it's a big undertaking, but we REALLY need to get those dates on things. The issue, as I understand it, comes to the other stuff we actively have at the printer and the shipping manpower. Face in the Crowd/Longest December is the super massive project underway at the moment(on top of the regular products underway). It had been planned for last November, but spilled into early 2023(March? April?). After that, The Stand is the super massive one we push toward creation, at least to the best of my knowledge. I hesitate to say anything for certain, even understanding how frustrating that is, because I don't want to say "this is printing" and have some miserable delay happen. Last summer, UPS lost a fully printed pallet of books. Still missing. Already had a printer hiccup this year. Things can go really sideways even during the best situations.

I understand it's frustrating and please reach out to me with any questions! My primary role is as warehouse manager, so I'm best able to inform what I'm actively expecting and what I can learn from texting people and bellowing across the office, but I also work on miscellaneous stuff and am trying to pick up with production. So please, always ask!
              CD Email: [email protected]
              My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

I was just asking a question. As comments about CD go I'd say mine was pretty mild. I'd like to think that the public face of Cemetery Dance would know whether it's at the printer or not. If he doesn't know, wouldn't it be easy for him to find out?

Anyway, I will refrain from posting anything even vaguely negative in the future.

My apologies.
                I did not take your question as being negative in any way. In its current state the Production Update page is basically useless, CD is aware of that. I have stopped even checking it.

Comment

That's a thing that bothered me for a while, so asked around--apparently the printer we use for certain projects (particularly the really cool ones) has minimum numbers that they will allow for printing. We can print the artist and lettered together, but if we print them separately the printers will not then run the lettereds when we have the sig sheets completed, as that second run is too small for their press when it doesn't piggyback the artist/limited edition. It does lead to issues as in this case, and from what I understand it(along with traycase delays) is a large part why we've been hesitant to pursue lettered editions except in extremely high profile collectors editions.
                  I know we don't want to annoy Stephen King and I know he's super busy, but Rich should ask him about that. Even with PC copies, he likely isn't signing more than 70 sheets.

And I don't mean for that to come off too negatively. The lettered is way outside my budget and I am in no rush for the Artist Edition. I'm also very patient about all of the other titles because I'm not hurting for something to read.

Just seems silly that it's taken him years to sign what is one of his lowest limitations.

Comment

My apologies.
                    I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you. I have been a loyal purchaser of Cemetery Dance for over 25 years and the last 6 months or more there has been a lot of bashing the company. So I incorrectly assumed that your question was said in a negative sarcastic tone. My apologies to you.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I hope you understand that posts like this are self-defeating. "I hate all this negativity! I'm going to express that by shouting an angry screed at another poster asking a fairly innocuous question!"
                      I actually do. Like I said I just feel that there is way too much bashing of Cemetery Dance. I get the frustration however Mindy is great and responses from the crew are fast and that's more then can be said for some other publishers I've dealt with.

Comment

Our software has been weird about printing up orders for Pleasant Brook! I think the folks who work on that have it figured out, I know they've been spending hours and hours resetting each one manually. I'll let you know as I have more information! The books are here, the orders are all logged, it's just printing them up that is weird atm. Sorry for the delay!
                        Just got my shipping notice. Thanks for handling this so quickly Dan!

Comment

I'm sorry these comments and "bashings" have gotten to you. I am. There are just some things that have been so jaw-droppingly tone-deaf--so totally indefensible--that I couldn't help it. Most of my explosive rants are theatrics--even if they're supplied by embers of frustration. But last night I spent some time applauding the letter on the production update page. It's EXACTLY what I've been dying to get all these years. I don't think making excuses or ignoring bad business practices benefit anyone. Not the fine people who work at CD and not the customers who have supported them all these years. Including me. I still have preorders and I still have faith I will get them. I like the direction CD is heading with Kevin and Dan engaged and I really do hope '23 will be a very successful year for everyone. I'd also add that I don't come here to talk trash about CD, that would be disrespectful--this is their Forum and they have been good hosts to all of us. I keep my fuming to my channel. And I'd hate to think that you won't join in the conversation, because I respect all opinions. I'd be happy to have a discussion. Regardless, my channel is easy to avoid--the number of views I get indicate as much.

Comment

Really appreciate you looking into this. Especially appreciate the reasonable response for this delay. As a business, it makes sense to do them at the same time. These sort of behind the scenes things make waiting easier for sure.
                            Now lets gets to hoping Mr. King picks up that pen. He's been signing enough over the years, time for some love for Cemetery Dance.
                            Thank you for all you do

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post

Still no shipping notice at least for me.
                              Safely arrived today. I got #61

Comment

Jeff, I suspect you are probably a bit of a pain in the ass, but who isn't LOL! I enjoyed your 2022 bookshelf tour. I share your feelings about funkos.

Comment

Working...
                                X