Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of going one by one! To address all the folks talking about Suntups update page:

The thing is gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful. I love it. At this stage it wouldn't be too applicable to our products, because most of our outstanding projects wouldn't really sit on... well... any of those stages they listed. Part of the issue has been putting up preorders too early in production, in my opinion, when there are far too many variables and things that can go wrong. Very, very wrong in some situations. Looking at Suntup's pages, once we get to the stages they mention, then it's fairly smooth sailing. Our issues come prior to printing, and by the time it arrives, we turn around and ship the products fast. Which is also why we've put a hold out on announcing things lately, until we're better caught up (Although I will say, I have hopes for the Limited line still pushing occasional new projects, so long as they were sold after the gigantic chasm of things-that-can-go-wrong has passed by, as a way of keeping the progress steady).
    CD Email: [email protected]
    My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I have to agree on the updates page. Many of those updates have been there for a long time, years even, and without dates they're meaningless. It would be nice to know what's really going on.

Just look at the Suntup update page to see exactly how it should be done: https://suntup.press/status-updates/
      To you and Martin:

I brought these ideas to the website guy! A "last updated" for each entry would definitely be helpful to keep it relevant. Would make it a lot more useful to all parties involved

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post

Dan I think they are referring to:

"New Forthcoming Grab Bag for 2018! X_GB043018"

​​​​​​​If so I am in the same boat, I think I read that one of the books was Suffer the Children and then I haven't seen anything since. Please do let me know if these did indeed go out because I am missing some books if that's the case.
        I will have to ask around regarding that one! I know the ARCs for Suffer the Children are in, but the books have not yet been produced

Comment

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

To you and Martin:

I brought these ideas to the website guy! A "last updated" for each entry would definitely be helpful to keep it relevant. Would make it a lot more useful to all parties involved
          Thanks Dan - just trying to help

Comment

To you and Martin:

Appreciate your efforts!

Comment

I will have to ask around regarding that one! I know the ARCs for Suffer the Children are in, but the books have not yet been produced
              Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post

Any news?
                None that are too useful! It has finished proofing and we are looking to print the entirety of the Fall Grab Bag 2018 (...) all at once, but we have not currently sent the items to the printers. We have a whole list of tweaks for the update page, I will flag this information as needing to be updated when I review whatever is put together

Comment

Not quite sure where to post this question. Do you have any idea when King of Shadow will ship from CD?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                    Not quite sure where to post this question. Do you have any idea when King of Shadow will ship from CD?

Thanks
                    …and I’ll throw in my shipping query, too, for Bentley Little’s THE STORE (Lividian ed.)? Thanks.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

... and while we're at it, just wondering if you've received your copies of "The Horror at Pleasant Brook" by Kevin Lucia yet? If so, do you have an eta to ship them? Very excited to get ahold of this book. Any info is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Thanks
                        Someone asked Richard this on Twitter, and he replied:

Shortly after the holiday.

Comment

Thanks Goat.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            ... and while we're at it, just wondering if you've received your copies of "The Horror at Pleasant Brook" by Kevin Lucia yet? If so, do you have an eta to ship them? Very excited to get ahold of this book. Any info is appreciated!
                            The first half of our Horror at Pleasant Brook books have come in! Just waiting for the rest to get them on out to you Book is gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

…and I’ll throw in my shipping query, too, for Bentley Little’s THE STORE (Lividian ed.)? Thanks.
                              Don't believe ours have come in! I had confused it with a previous Lividian title. As soon as we have everything in order on our side, we'll turn around and get it on out to y'all!

Comment

Could someone please provide an update on the Bentley Little Limited Edition Bundle? I paid a few hundred dollars for this back in 2013 or so, and I believe it was to be a 11 book limited edition set released over a few years time. It’s been nearly 10 years since I paid and I have received one of the 11 books…and others aren’t even listed on the production updates page. The last official mass update I received was 5 years ago…on November 13th, 2017. This mentioned the remaining 10 books would be shipped during the following 3 years, unfortunately none have been shipped and there seems to be none in the near future.

Really surprised to see this happening to this extent for this many books 10 years-ish after paying…here’s the full text of that 2017 email below. The last reply on this was a nice note from Mindy back on July 14th, 2021 saying hopes were for one to be released later that year…

Hi Aaron,
                                We have a very important update about the Bentley Little Limited Edition Bundle you preordered.
                                We're pleased to report our signed Limited Editions of The Summoning, University, Dominion, The Ignored, The Walking, The Association, The Collection, The Policy, Dispatch, and The Burning are now part of our highly acclaimed Graveyard Editions line.
                                What does this mean for you? Well, the print runs for these books are now LOWER than previously announced and the retail prices will be HIGHER, but you're already good to go. Your order for each book is locked in based on your order of the Bentley Little Limited Edition Bundle, which already had a savings of $200 built into the price. So now you’re saving even more than before!
                                In addition, the first book in the Graveyard Editions line sold out in hours, but because your order is already in the system, you don't have to worry about watching for the announcements or possibly missing out.

These books will be published during the next three years, which we know is much longer than previously planned, but we think you’ll be very pleased with the production values and increased collectability these special editions will have.

Comment

Working...
                                X