No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looper: A! I'm a big Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan so this one was a no-brainer, but it was also smart, well-written, and went in directions I didn't see coming. Great movie. And if you haven't seen it already, check out Brick by the same director; fantastic noir film set in modern day high school (that description is accurate but doesn't do it justice).

Comment

I saw Dredd 2 weekends ago, that gets an A+ everything I expected / wanted from that movie and a bit more. I also saw the new Resident Evil this past weekend. That one only gets a B, it filled the zombie action role well, but it just wasn't as good as some of the other ones. A couple plot holes and some highly unexplained stuff like damn machine gun wielding zombies on motorcycles...
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Just watched That's my Boy for the second time. I thought maybe it was only so funny because I saw it in the theatre and for some reason I find things funnier in the theatre but it was still HILARIOUS the second time around...if you like that kind of humour anyway.

Comment

Cube: I'll say a B. I liked the story, but the acting left a little to be desired. Overall, I can see why this has achieved a certain amount of cult status. Don't know if I'll check out the sequels, though.

Comment

End of Watch - A++ Found this one to be an exellent cop movie. An intense movie with appropriate humorous scenes. I think the fact that they used actual gang members added to the realism of this one.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
              End of Watch - A++ Found this one to be an exellent cop movie. An intense movie with appropriate humorous scenes. I think the fact that they used actual gang members added to the realism of this one.
              That reminds me of an old joke: A famous movie director decided to film the largest battle ever put to film - "It's going to be epic! We'll have 200,000 extras on each side!"
              "But, but, how are we going to pay them all?"
              "That's the good part - we'll use real bullets!"

Comment

Just saw Argo. Not an AFLAC fan, but this was really a good movie a solid A. I was only about 13 when it all went down and in all honesty I didn't remeber the facts of this so the last quarter of the movie was one of the few real life movies that kept me guessing to a degree clear to the end. It is not action packed but it is amazingly timely. I would think this one will be mentioned around awards time. Last week I saw Looper: A- I love time travel movies but tually they trip themselves up and then at the end they just revert to the old (oh we made too many ripples in time and the world is ending). This one was really good. With the exception of 12 Monkeys, I usually hate the last half of time travel movies. To me 12 Monkeys is still the best - but Looper is one of the top 5 now.

Comment

I am not sure I want to see Argo - I hope they didn't diminish the role of Canada as much as I fear. Hollywood can really ruin a good true story to make the US look like the hero.

I just saw Sinister on Saturday night. I thought it was good. Not great, not terrible, but just good.

Comment

Looper - FANTASTIC MOVIE! Loved every minute of it. The only thing I didn't like was their attempt at making Joseph Gordon Levitt look like Bruce Willis. It didnt turn out well and it was just annoying that he lost some facial expressions.

Comment

Lets see I watched Moonrise Kingdom earlier this week. It was a fantastic movie. I just got done watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, which was goofy but enjoyable. I'm now watching The Amazing Spiderman.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        Looper - FANTASTIC MOVIE! Loved every minute of it. The only thing I didn't like was their attempt at making Joseph Gordon Levitt look like Bruce Willis. It didnt turn out well and it was just annoying that he lost some facial expressions.
                        I like that they at least tried to make them look a like. It annoys when they pick an old and young version of a character that look nothing a like.

Comment

Well finished Amazing Spiderman last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I think they really portrayed Peter Parker and Spiderman the way they where meant to be.

Instagram

Comment

Last move I saw was Hope Springs with Tommy Lee Jones, Meryl Streep and Steve Carell. I thought it would be alot funnier, but I actually liked it...IMO you can't go wrong with Tommy Lee and Meryl!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Well finished Amazing Spiderman last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I think they really portrayed Peter Parker and Spiderman the way they where meant to be.
                              Still gotta see the new one. I like the trilogy, with the exception of Peter Parker getting emo of course. The new one looked like it would be potentially be better, despite my initial thoughts that it was too soon to be doing a reset.
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Recent flicks I have seen:

ParaNorman - fun flick. Well written and animated.
                                Frankenweenie - Tim Burton's best movie in awhile and a loving tribute to those classic Universal monster flicks - my full review - http://tinyurl.com/97r2nbm
                                Dredd 3D - glorious, violent fun - my full review - http://tinyurl.com/8wvzujb

Comment

Working...
                                X