No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Sometimes a line in a movie just makes an impression.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Many thanks Mr Boone for the recommendation. I had seen this sitting on the shelf and paased it by but think I might pick it up on the next trip to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

Loved it during its original run, loved it again while watching the BD.
        I was never a huge fan of the original t.v. series (I prefer the spin-offs), but meeting the characters here for the first time, so to speak, was awesome.
        Great cast, excellent visuals, terriffic soundtrack, above average storyline - one of the best ST movies ever.
        Now why does it take so long for the sequel to happen?

****1/2 / *****

sk
        here's an update on the sequel, Siep:

http://collider.com/star-trek-2-vill...l-toro/124840/
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks, Squire!

sk

Comment

Tower Heist: It's your typical Brett Ratner movie. Stupid, silly, check-your-brain-at-the-door trash that is just plain funny. Everybody gets a shot at scene stealing; Eddie Murphy comes off best as he returns to foul-mouthed form; Gabourey Sidibe scores big as the husband-hunting, resident alien maid and Ben Stiller, Matthew Broderick, and Michael Pena all have terrific comedic chemistry. I'd hate to think that our law enforcement agencies are that stupid, but it's all in the name of comedy.

Worth a view if you're in the mood for something funny that won't require you to think.

3/5
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The Feeding.....6/10
              The Torturer.....8/10....Bava actually made this one which is quite shocking.
              Seven Blood Stained Orchads, an excellent Italian Giallo! 10/10

Comment

These are true B-Movies. Not movies made by some relatively well-financed film school drops outs who parody a well-established movie genre. But movies made by people with no proper film schooling; movies that are not polished in the editing room; movies that are raw and pulpy without the slick movie moments that every movie seems to have as a hook. These are movies that look like they were shot on your dad's movie camera you filched when he wasn't looking because you didn't have NBA to watch one weekend. So crack a beer and enjoy (that's what i do, and did recently!)

Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter: The second coming is upon us and JC walks the earth; but before he can get down to serious business, he must take on an army of nasty vampires who have a craving for lesbian blood. In such an endeavor, he'll need need not only divine providence, but the aid of Mexican wrestling hero El Santos--and a few song and dance numbers to boot! (What do you expect from a horror comedy musical?) With some really dumb, but hilarious, humor and some surprisingly well-choreographed ku-fu sequences, I couldn't help but call this one a keeper. I'm probably going to hell for liking it, but I'll deal with that later.

Gory Gory Hallelujah!: Another insane trip thru B-movie land. Four actors (a black revolutionmary, a bisexual hippie, a nice jewish boy, and a busty feminist) in Seattle audition for the role of Jesus and are rejected by the Fosse'esque director. In their misery, the four band together and decide to seek their fortunes in New York (riding bad-ass Hogs, of course.) Along the way, they encounter a group of Elvis impersonators; and when a fat Elvis ends up dead, the four go on the lam. They end up embroiled in a conspiracy that invovles the Apocalypse, a whole bunch of zombies and a revelation of biblical porportions that left me in stitches (again, I'm in danger of eternal damnation for this.) Its' slow in parts, the zombies seem superfulous, and it gets a tad confusing, but there's so much going on here that I'm not going to quibble. It doesn't reach the classic ieights of JCVH, but it scores major points for acting, imaginative use of color and some really well-thought out ideas. Definitely in the cult classic category.

3.5/5 for both.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  These are true B-Movies. Not movies made by some relatively well-financed film school drops outs who parody a well-established movie genre. But movies made by people with no proper film schooling; movies that are not polished in the editing room; movies that are raw and pulpy without the slick movie moments that every movie seems to have as a hook. These are movies that look like they were shot on your dad's movie camera you filched when he wasn't looking because you didn't have NBA to watch one weekend. So crack a beer and enjoy (that's what i do, and did recently!)

Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter: The second coming is upon us and JC walks the earth; but before he can get down to serious business, he must take on an army of nasty vampires who have a craving for lesbian blood. In such an endeavor, he'll need need not only divine providence, but the aid of Mexican wrestling hero El Santos--and a few song and dance numbers to boot! (What do you expect from a horror comedy musical?) With some really dumb, but hilarious, humor and some surprisingly well-choreographed ku-fu sequences, I couldn't help but call this one a keeper. I'm probably going to hell for liking it, but I'll deal with that later.

Gory Gory Hallelujah!: Another insane trip thru B-movie land. Four actors (a black revolutionmary, a bisexual hippie, a nice jewish boy, and a busty feminist) in Seattle audition for the role of Jesus and are rejected by the Fosse'esque director. In their misery, the four band together and decide to seek their fortunes in New York (riding bad-ass Hogs, of course.) Along the way, they encounter a group of Elvis impersonators; and when a fat Elvis ends up dead, the four go on the lam. They end up embroiled in a conspiracy that invovles the Apocalypse, a whole bunch of zombies and a revelation of biblical porportions that left me in stitches (again, I'm in danger of eternal damnation for this.) Its' slow in parts, the zombies seem superfulous, and it gets a tad confusing, but there's so much going on here that I'm not going to quibble. It doesn't reach the classic ieights of JCVH, but it scores major points for acting, imaginative use of color and some really well-thought out ideas. Definitely in the cult classic category.

3.5/5 for both.
                  LMAO just reading your post reminds me of the films "Fight for Your Life"...a real sickie, and "Poor Pretty Eddie" which actually had Shelley Winters in it. You guys have to see those movies. But in Fight for Your Life, there's actually a scene in which a guy beats to death a little boy with a rock which was about the sickest thing I've ever seen in a film, even sicker than Last House...and Henry, Portait of a Serial Killer. I didn't see that coming....that scene with the rock.

Comment

Sarah's Key: I went to see this movie because there wasn't anything else that I hadn't seen (okay, I didn't see Jack and Jill, but I like Al Pacino too much to even think about it--also I'm tired of Sandler's man-child comedies.) But I must say, this is is one of the year's best movies. An American jouranlist having lived in Paris most of her life stumbles across an extraordinary story concerning the French compitulation with Germany during WWII, when she learns that her husband's family's apartment was used to hide Jews. The horrifying secret behind Sarah's Key is only the beginning of a meditation on the preciousness of life to be found in the parallel stories of the journalist (Kristin Scott THomas) and the young Jewish girl Sarah (Mélusine Mayance).

I was surprised how much I'd missed seeing the always watchable Thomas on the big screen (the last time was in Gosford Park in 2001--10 years? Really?) and Aidin Quinn was always one of my favorite actors. And the young Mayance is heart-breaking in her pivotal role (when she is replaced by an older actress for the later revelation scenes, Mayance's absence is really felt.) The decision not to sentimentalize the adaptation of the book (allowing the viewer to make up his or her own mind), while risky, pays off. Acting ,directing, screenplay writing are all top-notch. The movie was released earlier this year, on a criminally low # of screens. It's being re-released in advance of the DVD release later this month and to garner the Oscar consideration it deserves.

4.5/5
                    Last edited by srboone; 11-17-2011, 10:35 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I wish Sandler would finally do a movie like Happy Gilmore again...

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Oh the horror, the horror, the horror....

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                          I don't want him to make a movie like that anymore, let someone younger do it. I don't buy his man-child routine anymore. I liked him in Punch Drunk Love and Funny People. And Will Ferrell--I did like Stranger then Fiction and Everything Must Go. He might be moving in the right direction.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I don't want him to make a movie like that anymore, let someone younger do it. I don't buy his man-child routine anymore. I liked him in Punch Drunk Love and Funny People. And Will Ferrell--I did like Stranger then Fiction and Everything Must Go. He might be moving in the right direction.
                            See that's interesting, I've found all of Sandler's more serious movies to be horribly depressing and really not all that good. I've pretty much given up on any movies by him. Some of the movies his production company makes are pretty good though.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Isn't it past your bedtime, Dan? It's after 1am on east coast!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Isn't it past your bedtime, Dan? It's after 1am on east coast!
                                Pshhh, it was Friday, with nothing particularly important to do on Saturday.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X