Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    ...(plus that awful thing Bale did with his voice)....
    HAHAHA I've been rewatching them the past couple weekends and that thing with the voice just really annoys me. And did it get worse with each movie or is that just me? Other than that, I really like all three of them.

Comment

On Tuesday, I saw Kong: Skull Island. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. K: SI was a really good movie-Lots of action and interesting characters. I guess K: SI is part of Legendary Pictures monster film series. I think it is their first entry after Godzilla (2014). Next up should be Godzilla: King of the Monsters followed by Godzilla vs Kong. King Kong vs Godzilla is one of my favorite movies ever!
      K: SI, while good did not pass my movie test. If a movie is great, I will not be checking my watch to see how much time is left for the movie to run. If I am check my watch over and over, a movie clearly is not holding my attention.

Cap
      Last edited by c marvel; 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM.
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        On Tuesday, I saw Kong: Skull Island. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. K: SI was a really good movie-Lots of action and interesting characters. I guess K: SI is part of Legendary Pictures monster film series. I think it is their first entry after Godzilla (2014). Next up should be Godzilla: King of the Monsters followed by Godzilla vs Kong. King Kong vs Godzilla is one of my favorite movies ever!
        K: SI, while good did not pass my movie test. If a movie is great, I will not be checking my watch to see how much time is left for the movie to run. If I am check my watch over and over, a movie clearly is not holding my attention.

Cap
        Interesting. If I went by your movie test I think any movie I see in the theater would pass. I can't actually remember the last time I wondered how much time was left in a movie (in the theater), at home all the time, probably because there's a progress bar. I also tend to watch worse movies at home than in the movie theater.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Not a big King Kong fan really, Godzilla yes - especially the dubbed Japanese ones from the '60s that I watched as a kid growing up in the late 70s and through the 80s. Skull Island looks like it has really cool special effects, and I think I would enjoy it, just for the monsters in it.

Comment

I'll wind up checking out Skull Island. I can't say I'm a big King Kong fan, but, you know, giant ape fighting monsters...

I don't know how I feel about the whole "shared universe" thing with Godzilla and whatnot. Maybe I'm just burnt out on every studio trying to get on the Marvel movie bandwagon with their own "universes". It makes sense from a business perspective, but I'm starting to feel a little cynical about the whole approach.

Comment

The original Kong,1933, was my first scary picture, followed by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, 1941, Spencer Tracy, black and white tv Saturday matinee. Nothing has ever topped that first trip to skull Island lol!!

Comment

"The Wall." In all truth, a terrible movie... but it was enjoyable. Nothing original, although it had a lot of action for an hour and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by mphprez View Post
                  "The Wall." In all truth, a terrible movie... but it was enjoyable. Nothing original, although it had a lot of action for an hour and a half.
                  A terrible movie? I thought The Great Wall was really good and enjoyable too. ~Cap

Comment

Split

On Thur. afternoon, I saw the movie Split. This is a horror movie and hard to describe (I'm not giving spoliers). I give it 4 stars and highly recommend a trip to the theater. I thought it was well done. There is a surprise at the end of the movie.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      On Thur. afternoon, I saw the movie Split. This is a horror movie and hard to describe (I'm not giving spoliers). I give it 4 stars and highly recommend a trip to the theater. I thought it was well done. There is a surprise at the end of the movie. Cap
                      I considered this more suspension than horror. Very predictable but well done I agree. Best M. Night movie since The Village IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I considered this more suspension than horror. Very predictable but well done I agree. Best M. Night movie since The Village IMO.
                        I'd probably argue since Unbreakable. I personally don't think Signs and The Village where good at all. I'm pretty sure I called the ending to The Village from like the first 15 minutes of the movie. All that said I'd actually say that The Visit was actually pretty decent.

Instagram

Comment

I'm a big M. Night fan and I think the only one of his films I actively disliked was Lady In The Water, though to be fair I have not seen The Last Airbender or After Earth. A lot of people have problems with Signs and The Village and I get the complaints as the movies do have their flaws. That being said, I absolutely loved The Village, but that's mostly due to the relationship between Howard and Phoenix's characters. The scene with them sitting out on the porch at night is one of my favorites.

I'm glad to see Unbreakable start to get some love recently as it was raked over the coals pretty bad when it was released. The deliberate pacing of the movie really turned off a lot of people I knew. I'd love to see M. Night and Willis team up again.

The Visit is solid and when I watched it I enjoyed it, but in with a little more time to mull it over, I don't find it as satisfying as his other films. In anticipation of seeing Split when it comes out on DVD, I plan on revisiting his filmography in order though I'll probably omit Airbender and After Earth.
                          Last edited by Sock Monkey; 03-17-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I have not seen The Visit, but might check it out. I like Signs (aside from thinking the ending was kind of lame IMO). The Village was alright, I actually like it. Never did see Lady In The Water, or anything else of his, other than Devil, which was pretty good to me. I have heard nothing but bad re: After Earth, and have no desire to even watch it.

Comment

After Earth was mostly just incredibly boring and bland. It was really just Will Smith using it as a vehicle to put is son in a leading role in a movie. The Last Airbender on the other hand was doomed from the get go. You can try and cram a long and complex story like Avatar into a single movie. Especially one as beloved by it's fans as Avatar. The movie just wreaked of studio interference and people that just didn't care about the source material.

Instagram

Comment

Loved Unbreakable!

Comment

Working...
                                X