No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason left me. Some of u may have figure that out based on some vague posts. I'm nit doing very well. Very confused but have false hope which is the hardest part. Got my car fixed and found more problems, fell at work and hit my head. Not having a good time here in the cape. Shoulda left when I had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      Mason left me. Some of u may have figure that out based on some vague posts. I'm nit doing very well. Very confused but have false hope which is the hardest part. Got my car fixed and found more problems, fell at work and hit my head. Not having a good time here in the cape. Shoulda left when I had the chance.
      That sucks all around. Try not to dwell on it too much, as it'll eat you alive (trust me I know, and I know that's easier said than done).
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hang in there, Teri. A lot of us have been there before; concentrate on the important things in life (family always worked for me), make the changes that need to be made, and everything turns out ok. It'll be rough at times, but it'll get better in the end.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

here's a phrase you might think is bullshit, but I swear its the complete truth - Time heals all wounds.

I had dated a girl for more than 3 years and she decided to break up. Sure it hurt. But guess what, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not too long after the breakup I met this awesome girl, who is now my wife and the mother of my son!

Comment

Teri, take care of yourself. There will be better days ahead!

Comment

Its been 6 years...my whole adult life and we were best friends for two years before so it'll take a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                here's a phrase you might think is bullshit, but I swear its the complete truth - Time heals all wounds.

I had dated a girl for more than 3 years and she decided to break up. Sure it hurt. But guess what, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not too long after the breakup I met this awesome girl, who is now my wife and the mother of my son!
                I second this. I was living with a woman for several years. It was my first real relationship. We had plans on marriage, the works. I put a lot of effort into the relationship and, well, she cheated on me and left and it hurt. Real bad. I couldn't turn my mind off. Kept replaying things in my mind over and over, asking myself questions that of course had no good answer.

I still fucntioned in my life but it seemed like it was a shell of me, like my physical body was going through the appearance of life but there was nothing inside. I distinctly remeber being on a plane to visit my grandmother and other family for Thanksgivig and I prayed, prayed, that the plane would crash. I didn't care about anyone else I just wanted the pain to stop and end the way I kept tormenting myself.

Long story short, I got a prescription that helped me get my thoughts under control. Moved across the country, got a new job, etc.

And, like pete0cha, ended up finding someone new (wasn't even looking!). We celevrated our 10-year anniversary last December.

It does get better.

Comment

I think it'd be easier if he cheated on me to be honest. I need closure and I'm not getting it. Maybe thats a good sign but maybe I am just driving myself nuts.

Comment

Well, there was this ritual outlined in Tom Sawyer that deals with a dead cat in a graveyard at midnight....no, wait that's a cure for warts.

But, this is a kind of wart on your soul. Right? It might be worth a try!

Or maybe laughter will help...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Comment

Yes, listen to Squire, laughter is good!

Actually, I'm making these promo codes at work so people can download free stuff from our website. This is what the random code generator threw out yesterday:

"il f4k u"! I swear its true, saved the code so I can post a pic later if any wants proof
                        Last edited by peteOcha; 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

This reminds me of a work story from many years ago. I work on software development for retail. We built a computer ordering system about 15 years ago. We needed an internal order number to use to research order issues. We made this a four digit field starting with 'AAAA' then 'AAAB' until it reached 'ZZZZ' and then it would start over. This order number was displayed on the screen the stores would see so if they had an issue they could give us the order number. After running flawlessly for several months we got a call from a store that one of their orders had been stopped and they were in a panic because they needed the product. I looked at the order and it was fine. I called the store clerk to see what made them think it was a problem. She said that the order says STOP on the screen. I finally realized she was talking about the order number. After explaining to her that it was not a problem I then sat and thought about what words we had already used without anyone noticing. We immediately changed the program to skip vowels. I also had to go in front of the Vice President of Store Operations and explain the change. I chose to leave out the part about what words we had already used, he figured it out though.
                          Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                          Yes, listen to Squire, laughter is good!

Actually, I'm making these promo codes at work so people can download free stuff from our website. This is what the random code generator through out yesterday:

"il f4k u"! I swear its true, saved the code so I can post a pic later if any wants proof

Comment

let-there-be-batman-demotivational-poster-1218053344.jpg

Today is Batman Day (another day the Lord meant for us to rest. I'm doing nothing at all today!)
                            Last edited by srboone; 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10166[/ATTACH]

Today is Batman Day (another day the Lord meant for us to rest. I'm doing nothing at all today!)
                              I take it you're going to the midnight showing. I thought about it, but then decided I'd regret it come work on Friday. I'll be seeing it Saturday night after I help move a friend. Are you going to an IMAX showing?
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yes, I'm going at 6 pm for the beginning of the trilogy in IMAX (actually 4 pm to get good seats and join in the festivities!). It's kind like the Sabbath that starts at sundown the night before!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X