Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Good luck with that!
    Thanks. I got in. Just waiting for my login information so I can get started. I wish everything in life was that easy!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Yuck. Forced mandatory overtime.Going to work in about 1 hour.
      Yuck indeed! I worked at a company that forced us to work three Saturdays a month - and depending upon the calendar, that could mean up to six in a row. Technically, if we worked three in a row, we had to have the next Saturday off, but they would often screw us by saying "Well, it's month to month", so if we worked the last three Saturdays in a month, they could then make us work the following three because it was a new month. Gods, I'm glad I got out of that hell hole. I hate companies that have no regard for employees as humans.

Comment

Just love all the loopholes these guys can find..Oh well I can use the money it was just the approach that was used that ticked me off.After 22 years a little respect please.Not today though.

Comment

I've worked every weekend for the last 5 years. The last 6 months it's only been Saturday, tho. When you work the night shift, your weekend is anytime you have 2 consequtive days off. So Friday/Saturday, Wednesday/Thursday (now Thursday/Friday) is all the same.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yea I understand that but I have 3 kids and my wife works the days I am off.When they pull a stunt like this and you have to scramble for places for your kids it can get crazy.

Comment

I got the same deal ad squire. Doesn't bother me which days I have off as long as there's at least two together.

On the brightside bw, more overtime mean more money which means more books.

And Congrats to xaibei on getting into school.

Comment

Well that is what I thought but my wife has other plans for the money.Something about this thing called a mortgage.

Comment

Killjoy!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Well that is what I thought but my wife has other plans for the money.Something about this thing called a mortgage.
                    There's always something!

Comment

But you have to pay the mortgage to have someplace to keep your books.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Triple-digit temps (before heat index is figured) for the rest of the week with no relief in sight.

<sigh>

I hate summer.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Welcome back, Pete.

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Its not even summer here yet. Been dying to get into the pool which has yet to go over 69 degreed. Makes me feel ridiculous though because I know very well that when I was younger I swam in MUCH colder water.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              Welcome back, Pete.

Thanks! Good to be back!

Will post some pics over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                                But you have to pay the mortgage to have someplace to keep your books.

Comment

Working...
                                X