No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! May we all find the books we're looking for next year.
    Mike

Comment

Merry Christmas to the whole gang at CD forums!!!

charile-brown-christmas.jpg
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

Comment

Merry Christmas and holiday cheer to everyone!

Comment

Merry Christmas to the CD Forum!!!!!!!

Comment

Late to the party, but Merry Christmas to all my CD friends!

But an early Happy New Year (well, not really early but....) to you all as well!
              Last edited by TJCams; 01-22-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Good luck to all those who are going to be effected by the big winter storm heading DC way, and the US Northeast. Keep safe!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Good luck to all those who are going to be effected by the big winter storm heading DC way, and the US Northeast. Keep safe!!!!
                  As long as the power stays on, I'm happy! All the kids on the block are ready to use our back yard for sledding, and I have three varieties of hot chocolate in stock (Cadbury, Neuhaus and Godiva, for anyone who cares).

If the power does go out, we have enough firewood for a week or so.

Comment

I wish it just wouldn't. They are calling for up to 2 feet of snow here in MD. It's gonna be an awfully long weekend if the power doesn't stay on.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Are you guys even going to work today Dan?

Comment

Are you guys even going to work today Dan?
                        Yep. The snow isn't supposed to start until later this evening.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Good stuff.

Glad I did my cruise last week. On the way home we had to fly Miami - Regan airport (DCA) for 2 hrs, then back to Detroit Metro last Sunday. If it was this weekend.....yikes!

Comment

For any Twitter users, today is Bell Let's Talk Day here in Canada. It's an initiative where Bell Canada will donate money for every call, text, and tweets using #BellLetsTalk. The only reason I post this here, is my daughter suffers from mental health issues in the form of severe anxiety and depression, so just want to get the word that it's OK to talk about mental health.
                            @JTACampbell is my Twitter handle.

Comment

For any Twitter users, today is Bell Let's Talk Day here in Canada. It's an initiative where Bell Canada will donate money for every call, text, and tweets using #BellLetsTalk. The only reason I post this here, is my daughter suffers from mental health issues in the form of severe anxiety and depression, so just want to get the word that it's OK to talk about mental health.
                              @JTACampbell is my Twitter handle.
                              My now adult son has battled schizophrenia most of his life, Jamie so both my wife and I can truly appreciate you position. You never want your child to have any aliment but a physical one is much more relatable to people vs. a mental one. It is a horrible disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone. He's come further then I thought he would to be completely honest. He's highly intelligent. He's accomplished things that come easier to "normal" kids like graduating both high school and college and he's currently in an active internship. I do often wonder if he'll ever leave the comforts of home but honestly, it wouldn't bother me if he never did. After all, there are worse things that could dwell in my basement and he's a good, law abiding kid whom we've never had any trouble with outside of his disease. Thanks for your post Jamie! .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                My now adult son has battled schizophrenia most of his life, Jamie so both my wife and I can truly appreciate you position. You never want your child to have any aliment but a physical one is much more relatable to people vs. a mental one. It is a horrible disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone. He's come further then I thought he would to be completely honest. He's highly intelligent. He's accomplished things that come easier to "normal" kids like graduating both high school and college and he's currently in an active internship. I do often wonder if he'll ever leave the comforts of home but honestly, it wouldn't bother me if he never did. After all, there are worse things that could dwell in my basement and he's a good, law abiding kid whom we've never had any trouble with outside of his disease. Thanks for your post Jamie! .
                                It's been a long and interesting last couple years for us, since it has all come out. From her leaving home for 6 months, to all the different ways we've tried to work through. But....things have turned better since the end of last summer.

My wife and I can truly echo what I have in bold. As tough and frustrating as it can be, it's been a learning experience for all of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X