Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've got to do a major weed.

Comment

It is legal in more and more places now . . .

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Yeah, I've got to do a major weed.

Comment

Well, I won't be trying to sell more books for a while due to the flooding situation here in Yosemite. I'm viewed as essential personnel since I roll the date in the computer system and I can stay in a nice hotel room. I'll be here through Sunday-Maybe leaving on Monday if I can get out. My room is in a two story building so my silly books are safe. For info. about what is going on here check the Weather Channel.

Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          Well, I won't be trying to sell more books for a while due to the flooding situation here in Yosemite. I'm viewed as essential personnel since I roll the date in the computer system and I can stay in a nice hotel room. I'll be here through Sunday-Maybe leaving on Monday if I can get out. My room is in a two story building so my silly books are safe. For info. about what is going on here check the Weather Channel.

Cap
          Glad your safe! Let me know when you're ready.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            It is legal in more and more places now . . .

HAHAHA!! Good one!

Comment

Damn - be safe man!

Cap

Comment

Cap
                Take care bro!

Comment

Cap
                  Hopefully the damage will not be as high as they are predicting and fewer people will lose homes/belongings. The impact this storm is having on California makes me realize just being iced in for a couple of days in Washington really isn't so bad.

Comment

Good luck, Cap!
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

OK. The park re-opens on Monday to workers like myself and of course NPS personnel. Tomorrow morning, I get to return to my room. Thanks to everyone who expressed concern about my welfare.

mhatchett-I can try to get the Tartarus Press title you wanted ready to ship. I need a reminder which one you want. I tried to send you a private message. Apparently, your inbox or whatever is full.

Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Last weekend:5 inches of snow and below freezing for three days straight.
                        This weekend: near record highs in the upper 70's.
                        WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                          Last weekend:5 inches of snow and below freezing for three days straight.
                          This weekend: near record highs in the upper 70's.
                          WTF?
                          And I thought that only happened in Kansas

Comment

Ok, I am a person who generally loves winter. I prefer cold over hot, I don't mind it being dark more than light and I do not mind the near constant that winter brings here in the Great Northwest. This is getting old though. Hit by a snowstorm last Tuesday night. That as then followed by cold. Haven't been above freezing since the snowstorm started which means the near foot of snow has not melted. The roads are a mix of clear, packed snow and ice and washboard ice. Tomorrow they are now forecasting about 10 hours of freezing rain. I think I am ready for spring!

That is my random thought for today!

Comment

I don't mind the near constant snow (towering in snow hills taller than my 6'3"height), significantly below freezing temperatures, and lack of sunlight that winter brings to the Mediocre Central Canada... Oh wait, yeah I do. If it only last 3 months I think I wouldn't hate it so much, but the 5 months it sticks around for is pushing it!

On the light side though, for some inexplicable reason it's supposed to go above freezing later this week. Which is great but it will be messy and quite dangerous when it freezes over again. Freezing rain is the worst Martin, it feels colder than snow, and is much more dangerous in general, and I worry we'll be getting some of that soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Ok, I am a person who generally loves winter. I prefer cold over hot, I don't mind it being dark more than light and I do not mind the near constant that winter brings here in the Great Northwest. This is getting old though. Hit by a snowstorm last Tuesday night. That as then followed by cold. Haven't been above freezing since the snowstorm started which means the near foot of snow has not melted. The roads are a mix of clear, packed snow and ice and washboard ice. Tomorrow they are now forecasting about 10 hours of freezing rain. I think I am ready for spring!

That is my random thought for today!
                                Amen to that. Yesterday we got up to about 20F and today we've warmed up from -3.5F to -1.2F. We're supposed to be getting the freezing rain and snow, too. My street is already a sheet of ice from snow in December that has never melted. A most unusual winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X