Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I'm not sure about the Cherry Hill area, but these temps for us, are typical - get a few hot weeks each summer, and the worst part about Windsor is the humidity. I'm used to it, so it doesn't really bother me. I actually found out that despite the crazy heat/humidity the majority of medical incidents for heat related in my area are visitors - especially from other parts of Canada which don't get the heat/humidity like we do here. Found that interesting. Such are the joys of living in the heat, humidity, thunderstorm, and lightning capital of Canada.
    I think we may have stolen your lightning/thunderstorm capital away. The Thunderstorm warning has not been removed from my weathernetwork app in about two weeks. lol. The weather is so weird lately. Bad floods in 3 provinces, thunder/ligthning almost contantly even in place that don't get them often, Hail back home which they never get there unless its part of a snow storm. Tornado warning back there too and more tornado warnings in alberta than usual and I hear parts of the states are in a major heat wave. Crazy this year.

Comment

Mason was home pretty well all summer so far then gets a call yesterday to go back to work...we move Sunday. GRRRR! Drove him back to edmonton yesterday and now I get to move alone and be bored without my ladies(Sister's 3 Chihuahua's)

Comment

Although I am more of a horror and fantasy fan, I have recently created a goodreads group devoted to the evolution of sci fi. We will go through each decade starting with Jules Verne until we arrive at the present. For me it will be a learning process, as I have read very little as far as science fiction goes. If you feel like checking us out here's the link:
        https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...cience-fiction

Comment

Theli - I may just join you!

Comment

Thanks dude, look forward to seeing you there! Not many people yet, but I'm hoping the group will grow steadily over the weekend.

Comment

So, I found this today:

http://www.locusmag.com/2012/AllCent...lsResults.html

It's Locus Magazine list(s) of best Sci Fi, Fantasy, or the 20th, and 21st centuries as voted on by readers (I think), or subscribers...

Anyhow..... Is there any lists like this that anyone knows of in the horror genre????

Comment

I spent way to much money on books today. This is why I try to avoid the computer on pay day normally. $400 and 5 books later.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                  I spent way to much money on books today. This is why I try to avoid the computer on pay day normally. $400 and 5 books later.
                  Nice! I wish i could go on a book buying spree as well...

Comment

To have that kind of spare money to do that would be awesome!

Comment

A big hello from my new apartment Just this so far...I am not taking more til I am settled but I got my room all done altho I need to unpack. room.jpg

Comment

I am aware I need a bedskirt. I hate them but I'd rather see it than my boxspring. I have one but don't want to move my mattress by myself

Comment

Ditch the bed and fill it full of books.

Comment

That's what the other room is for.

Comment

Nice new room. Much better than my new apartment.

It's good to be a bachelor!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                Nice new room. Much better than my new apartment. It's good to be a bachelor!
                                LOL, looks like my place!

Comment

Working...
                                X