No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, yesterday we topped a humidex of 46°C, which works out to approx 115°F (what it felt like when you factor in humidity). Should be close to that today and tomorrow, with severe storms looking probable tomorrow - thank you cold front!!!! Going to cool down to a high temp of around 82 on Saturday.

Comment

I was out on my bike (road bike, not motorcycle) last night and it felt like we were riding in soup. It cooled down to 87.8F by 7:30pm.

Stats:
      Avg Temperature: 92.2 °F
      Min Temperature: 87.8 °F
      Max Temperature: 105.8 °F

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        I was out on my bike (road bike, not motorcycle) last night and it felt like we were riding in soup. It cooled down to 87.8F by 7:30pm.

Stats:
        Avg Temperature: 92.2 °F
        Min Temperature: 87.8 °F
        Max Temperature: 105.8 °F
        I'm not sure about the Cherry Hill area, but these temps for us, are typical - get a few hot weeks each summer, and the worst part about Windsor is the humidity. I'm used to it, so it doesn't really bother me. I actually found out that despite the crazy heat/humidity the majority of medical incidents for heat related in my area are visitors - especially from other parts of Canada which don't get the heat/humidity like we do here. Found that interesting. Such are the joys of living in the heat, humidity, thunderstorm, and lightning capital of Canada.

Comment

So, my boss took a few of us out on his boat last night for a little excursion down the Detroit River. Had a chance to get up close and personal with an ocean going ship on the way back into the marina.

Grosse Ile-20130718-00141.jpg
          Amherstburg-20130718-00142.jpg

M/V Federal Weser

Comment

anyone else having trouble getting to thedarktower.org's page?

Comment

I think that they fixed it. It just came back up after quite a while of being inaccessible.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                I think that they fixed it. It just came back up after quite a while of being inaccessible.
                ahhh, quite so

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  I'm not sure about the Cherry Hill area, but these temps for us, are typical - get a few hot weeks each summer, and the worst part about Windsor is the humidity. I'm used to it, so it doesn't really bother me. I actually found out that despite the crazy heat/humidity the majority of medical incidents for heat related in my area are visitors - especially from other parts of Canada which don't get the heat/humidity like we do here. Found that interesting. Such are the joys of living in the heat, humidity, thunderstorm, and lightning capital of Canada.
                  It's certainly not unusual around here, but we've had a lot more rain than usual, mostly in the form of thunderstorms.

Today's ride was pretty hot too. I did 40 miles and felt like quitting at 30.

Avg Temperature: 100.5 °F
                  Max Temperature: 104.0 °F

Comment

I am alive and well.Spent the last 5 days out in this heat at scout camp. Everyone made it through ok. Glad to be back.Much catching up to do.

Comment

Dan or Brian - any idea on the timeline for shipping The Influence, Shivers, and Language of Fear? I have these on order and was wondering if these will be coming in a short span of each other. Looks like the Little title is October, and Shiver is August according to the latest production update page.

Comment

Dan or Brian - any idea on the timeline for shipping The Influence, Shivers, and Language of Fear? I have these on order and was wondering if these will be coming in a short span of each other. Looks like the Little title is October, and Shiver is August according to the latest production update page.
                        To my knowledge the production updates page is up to date on estimated shipping time frames. I'm not sure on Language of Fear though. I'll ask Brian.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Influence is the end of October, Shivers 7 should be the end of August (although it might slide over to the beginning of September because the two King books have slowed up the schedule at the printer), and then I'm not 100% sure on The Language of Fear, but it should be sent to the printer by the end of the year at the very latest.

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

What about the Blue November Storms signed Trade Paperback? I ordered it and then never heard a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                              The Influence is the end of October, Shivers 7 should be the end of August (although it might slide over to the beginning of September because the two King books have slowed up the schedule at the printer), and then I'm not 100% sure on The Language of Fear, but it should be sent to the printer by the end of the year at the very latest.

Brian
                              Excellent. Thanks guys! That will give me time to get caught up on some books.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                                What about the Blue November Storms signed Trade Paperback? I ordered it and then never heard a thing.
                                I'm assuming you mean the signed copies. They are still in the process of being signed by everyone. They got held up on the west coast for a little while. It takes a bit longer to get them signed than sig sheets because we have to ship books around.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X