No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't read the Gap series, though I know I need to. I never really considered the Thomas Covenant series "downers", but I suppose they are. The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever are my favorite fantasy series. I have the first three books of the last Chronicles of TC on my TBR for this year in preparation for the final book ,The Last Magic, to be released at the end of the year.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Cool I think I'm gonna read this one over time instead of all out. Maybe read the first on ebook to see if I like it (I most likely will) then buy a 1st / 1st of it, then wait to read the next one till I can afford to buy a 1st / 1st of it. Luckily I looked and 1st's aren't to terribly expensive.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Haven't read the Gap series, though I know I need to. I never really considered the Thomas Covenant series "downers", but I suppose they are. The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever are my favorite fantasy series. I have the first three books of the last Chronicles of TC on my TBR for this year in preparation for the final book ,The Last Magic, to be released at the end of the year.
        If you read it, do NOT base your opinion on the Gap series from the first volume alone. It's more akin to The Hobbit and the later 4 volumes to the LotR.

Also, is that the new title for the last TC book?? I had thought it was The Final Dark or something like that.

Comment

You're right. It's The Final Dark. I was just flying by memory; The Last, Final, Ultimate Something or other.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have a short story collection of his that I got in a sub press grab bag. Have not read it yet. All this talk makes me want to move it up in my tbr pile.

Comment

Found out yesterday the the AMC theater I go to is putting in a bar! Don't know if the drinks are allowed in the actual theater, but still...

Some movies will be better when I'm shit-faced!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Found out yesterday the the AMC theater I go to is putting in a bar! Don't know if the drinks are allowed in the actual theater, but still...

I think some movies require it.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

This reminds of a theatre/entertainment venue I visited up Toronto way a while back (Woodbridge I think?). It has a 10 or 12 theatre set up, arcade, bar, and during warm weather - has, if I remember correctly, a go-cart track, batting cages, etc. Quite the set up!!!!

Comment

I went to a lot of arcades im Australia that had movie theaters with bars in them. At a showing for The Phantom Menace, I had to show the bartender how to make a Bailey's and Coffee. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, but...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I just went to the website of the place (Playdium in Mississauga), no movie theatre - either it changed, or there was one in the same general area.

Comment

There is a theatre in edmonton where they have individual recliners and waitresses that serve liquor. Not sure if there's any other ones around like in calgary or anything. Thought it was cool when I heard about it, never been there though. Its a cool idea but not my thing.

Comment

KC has a number of those theaters, but they're awfully expensive. This is just going to be a bar where people can relax before or after a movie--and alcohol wil be allowed in the theater during primetime. But since there are always two policemen in the theater during that time, I'm sure it will run smoothly.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            There is a theatre in edmonton where they have individual recliners and waitresses that serve liquor. Not sure if there's any other ones around like in calgary or anything. Thought it was cool when I heard about it, never been there though. Its a cool idea but not my thing.
                            There is a chain like this in Tampa. I think it's called Cobb theaters. They are a little bit more expensive (around $13-$14 per ticket compared to their normal price of $9) however the experience is wonderful.

KC has a number of those theaters, but they're awfully expensive. This is just going to be a bar where people can relax before or after a movie--and alcohol wil be allowed in the theater during primetime. But since there are always two policemen in the theater during that time, I'm sure it will run smoothly.
                            Sounds cool. Let us know if you enjoy it once it's open.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Policeman in the theatre? Thats fucked. Things like that make me glad to be Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                                There is a chain like this in Tampa. I think it's called Cobb theaters. They are a little bit more expensive (around $13-$14 per ticket compared to their normal price of $9) however the experience is wonderful.

Sounds cool. Let us know if you enjoy it once it's open.
                                Thats not even expensive. Our usual tickets are $13 then its 2 or 3 more for 3D. I can just imagine how much the place in edmonton cost then

Comment

Working...
                                X