Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random thoughts...

But isn't the world going to end in 2012?

Or maybe just the Mayan view of the world...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Technically it doesn't end until the end of 2012 (aka the Mayan calendar doesn't go to 2013). However, we think that our copies of Dracula are on their way to us. I forgot to track the labels we sent for them to be shipped to us. So we'll hopefully have them soon.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Not even that, lol. People just like to make stuff up and scare people into thinking the end is near. All it means is that it is the end of Mayan's long count calender, not the end of the world as we know. They also had several other calenders before the one ending next year that ended, so they kept making new ones. If the Mayans were around in the way they were back then, they most likely would be creating an even longer calender now.

So have no fear, you will get your copy from CD!
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Technically it doesn't end until the end of 2012 (aka the Mayan calendar doesn't go to 2013). However, we think that our copies of Dracula are on their way to us. I forgot to track the labels we sent for them to be shipped to us. So we'll hopefully have them soon.
        Do we even have any real "Mayans" anymore??

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Do we even have any real "Mayans" anymore??
          Not like we have native american's in that sense. Any "Mayans" that where left have been intermingled with the Euro settlers and converted to some form of Christianity. The one's that weren't converted where pretty much "put down" so to speak. To this day no one really knows what happened to the "Mayan" empire, as it fell before the Spanish arrived in South America. In fact if I remember correctly there are only like 3 books left from all of the vast Mayan libraries, as most where either lost in the fall of the empire or burnt by the missionaries coming to South America to convert the indigenous people.

Thus ends todays "Pre / Post Columbian" history lesson.

Instagram

Comment

Most of the Mayans left today are also pretty poor from what I understand
            Spoiler!

Comment

Are you sure? How boring. A secret society working to usher in a new world order on 22Dec2012 would be much more interesting. Oh, well....
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Are you sure? How boring. A secret society working to usher in a new world order on 22Dec2012 would be much more interesting. Oh, well....
                Lol, no it's not that complicated (although it'd be awesome if it was). No, basically the only reason people think the Mayan's predicted the world will end then is because their calendar doesn't go any further. I don't understand why people don't understand that the Mayan calendar had to end somewhere, the book couldn't go on for ever. Or maybe there was a "vol 2" to the Mayan calendar, one that the missionaries burnt when they came over. It's so dumb.

Instagram

Comment

Random thoughts...

Since the "Mayan end of the world" discussion was kinda invading the Dracula thread I thought I'd move those posts over here. This thread is for anything that doesn't really have a place.

Instagram

Comment

Good idea. Of course, I for one NEVER thought Dracula was a Mayan. Just want to make that clear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      Lol, no it's not that complicated (although it'd be awesome if it was). No, basically the only reason people think the Mayan's predicted the world will end then is because their calendar doesn't go any further. I don't understand why people don't understand that the Mayan calendar had to end somewhere, the book couldn't go on for ever. Or maybe there was a "vol 2" to the Mayan calendar, one that the missionaries burnt when they came over. It's so dumb.
                      And the way I understand it, the calendar ending is like looking at our calendar and saying the world ends on Dec. 31st because that's the last day listed. That's only the last day on this cycle.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        And the way I understand it, the calendar ending is like looking at our calendar and saying the world ends on Dec. 31st because that's the last day listed. That's only the last day on this cycle.
                        You most likely understand it correctly. What people don't really realize is that they made many other calenders that were shorter in length so kept increasing the size. Basically what the end of this calender means is that it is the end of an age in their calender
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Good idea. Of course, I for one NEVER thought Dracula was a Mayan. Just want to make that clear!!!
                          I thought he might have been a Mayan. Maybe he was a Nazi!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Great thread ...

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                              The only other thing is that they think the "image" on the last page depicts the end of the world. That and the end of the calendar happens to coincide with some sort of eclipse that only happens once ever 100 years or eclipse that doesn't happen very often. I can't remember exactly (thank you history channel).

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X