No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Florida fresh and brackish water is not the safest thing in the world. Plus there has been issue with strange bacteria in fresh water in the South.

Good owner and not something I'm sure I would have done.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Good thing it was small. Probably not wise to allow dogs to swim in FL waters.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Yep. Florida fresh and brackish water is not the safest thing in the world. Plus there has been issue with strange bacteria in fresh water in the South.

Good owner and not something I'm sure I would have done.

Probably acting on pure instinct.

Comment

You are probably right. The guy just jumped into action trying to save his baby.

He is pretty cool in my book.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Probably acting on pure instinct.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! To our friends to the North, Happy Thanksgiving Again!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! To our friends to the North, Happy Thanksgiving Again!
            To you and yours as well!

Comment

Last year, the first month we had benefits from my new job, my wife experienced her first round of kidney stones and thought she was literally dying. She had no idea what was happening and it scared the hell out of her. I don't envy anyone who has had to go through this. Glad you made it through with just the small one!

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
              Quick note though with good reason. So this morning I woke up at 2:30 due to pain in
              my middle abdomen. Not that bad but enough to wake me up. A quick pee seemed to slightly help and went back to bed. Soon more pain and as the early morning progressed it became worse in that I was soon moaning in acute pain. I ended up waking my wife Cindy up and she wanted to take me to our local hospital. I did not want to go due to COVID patient fears. However as time still went on I became much worse enough to beg her to take me to the hospital. She asked me which one. We prefer one further away (about 25 minutes plus) but the closer one being about ten minutes away she sped to that one. By this time I was moaning and crying out in pain. Cindy had to do all the check in procedure for me. Only one person in the waiting room. Once checked in (they would not let Cindy in the hospital proper) they wheelchaired me into a prep type room. There I lay moaning till they drew some blood, temp check, blood pressure check. Finally gave me some pain and nausea medicine. Ended up having to have more of both. When asked on a 1-10 pain scale I told them 9. Ended up having a CT scan and the results were a kidney stone. A small one but enough to wipe me out with the pain. Never had one and I can say never want one. More pain meds and released with some prescriptions Cindy had to pick up. Medicine supposed to make me sleepy and so already called in for Sunday work.

Nice start to my weekend. Could have been much worse if this had happened next week with Cindy out of town.

Glad I am home now.

Jim

Comment

That sounds like something I would have done! Or would do. Never tell anyone something was happening and just handle it.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Glad you are now home and know what it is. I had a similar situation with my Gall Bladder several years except I did not wasn't to wake my wife so I snuck out and drove the 1/2 mile to the hospital. Unfortunately they sedated me and by the time I was awake and aware of things my wife was awake and calling my phone to find me. That did not go over well. Take care of yourself and feel better!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This year I’m thankful for the community on this forum that has remained positive and supportive during this chaotic year. And I’m also thankful for Dan and Brian and everyone at CD for not only making great books, but also providing this gathering space.

So again I say, Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This year I’m thankful for the community on this forum that has remained positive and supportive during this chaotic year. And I’m also thankful for Dan and Brian and everyone at CD for not only making great books, but also providing this gathering space.

So again I say, Happy Thanksgiving!
                    Wonderful sentiment, and Happy Thanksgiving to you (and everyone else!), too.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

WOW Everything is different!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        WOW Everything is different!
                        Hello stranger! Hope things are going well for you.

Comment

Don't be gone so long LOL!

Comment

Bought a new refrigerator today. Man, but that $$$$ sure could've bought a lotta books...
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Hello stranger! Hope things are going well for you.
                              And the same to you my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                Don't be gone so long LOL!
                                I'm glad you remember me! HA! Still figuring out the spiffy new site.

Comment

Working...
                                X