Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I didn’t get very far today, but I’m going to need more. Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to put in a larger order to make sure I have extras on hand. After 10 years of collecting I’m finally getting around to putting covers on everything.
    It can be a very daunting task to undertake if you have a lot that needs to be cover. When I first started covering, I did about 80 books in a weekend and felt like I had been beat. I try to keep up on it now as they come in. Bless Kim for doing this for her customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

It can be a very daunting task to undertake if you have a lot that needs to be cover. When I first started covering, I did about 80 books in a weekend and felt like I had been beat. I try to keep up on it now as they come in. Bless Kim for doing this for her customers.
      I tried covering books myself, but I'm afraid I ended up damaging more DJs than I protected. I ended up removing more than a few of the mylar covers and taking a step back.

Comment

I honestly don’t know how Kim has the time to do every book that comes in the door. Interestingly enough, it’s ordering books from Camelot that pushed me over the edge to trying to cover all my books. Not only do I think the books look nice covered, I also stressed a lot less about rubbing and shelf wear. Not that either were keeping me up at night, but still...

Luckily I have my wife helping me out. She loves this kind of stuff so it lightens the load.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I tried covering books myself, but I'm afraid I ended up damaging more DJs than I protected. I ended up removing more than a few of the mylar covers and taking a step back.
          There are some pretty good videos on YouTube and you can practice on reading copies until you get it down.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

This is what I’m afraid of. I’m not the handiest of people and the couple I did yesterday had me way more anxious than I needed to be. Especially when it’s more expensive books. We’ll see what today brings.

Comment

I honestly don’t know how Kim has the time to do every book that comes in the door. Interestingly enough, it’s ordering books from Camelot that pushed me over the edge to trying to cover all my books. Not only do I think the books look nice covered, I also stressed a lot less about rubbing and shelf wear. Not that either were keeping me up at night, but still...

Luckily I have my wife helping me out. She loves this kind of stuff so it lightens the load.
              Me as well as far as getting started in covering. It definitely eases your mind when handling your collection for sure.

Comment

So this is what I’m doing with my Saturday!
                Too funny -- I just received my new flat of 100 dj covers last week. Ran out, so had to get more...I mean, that's just what you do!

This is the stuff I've been using for...forever:

https://www.demco.com/gaylord-reg-2-...eProduct=64064

No idea how (or if) Gaylord differs from Brodart, but it's served me well for decades.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just make sure to have a good bone knife for those crisp edges.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Too funny -- I just received my new flat of 100 dj covers last week. Ran out, so had to get more...I mean, that's just what you do!

This is the stuff I've been using for...forever:

https://www.demco.com/gaylord-reg-2-...eProduct=64064

No idea how (or if) Gaylord differs from Brodart, but it's served me well for decades.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

It's really annoying. I just dropped everything except for Netflix and now my OTA antenna is refusing to pick up FOX. I test drove this set-up for a few months before dropping services and on day two I have, apparently, lost a local channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      It's really annoying. I just dropped everything except for Netflix and now my OTA antenna is refusing to pick up FOX. I test drove this set-up for a few months before dropping services and on day two I have, apparently, lost a local channel.
                      That's really irritating.

Comment

Still not picking it up. Not sure what happened.

That's really irritating.

Comment

Not sure when it became popular for sellers to use eBay’s Or Best Offer option as a vehicle for buyers to offer MORE than the opening price, but I’m not a fan. Three times in as many weeks have all been declined...one offer was even at the opening price. Frustrating, and an odd reversal of traditional use.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Not sure when it became popular for sellers to use eBay’s Or Best Offer option as a vehicle for buyers to offer MORE than the opening price, but I’m not a fan. Three times in as many weeks have all been declined...one offer was even at the opening price. Frustrating, and an odd reversal of traditional use.
                            It's completely misused, Ron by people who literally don't understand the concept. It can be infuriating. Like when you get a counteroffer of $1.00 off the asking price. Ridiculous

Comment

It's completely misused, Ron by people who literally don't understand the concept. It can be infuriating. Like when you get a counteroffer of $1.00 off the asking price. Ridiculous
                              It's unfortunate that it's becoming -- at least by my recent experience, but perhaps I've just had a run of bad luck -- more prevalent and apparently an increasingly acceptable practice. The concept of it's X or the Best higher Offer is just kind of odd to me and would seem to run counter to the eBay platform...I thought that's what bidding what for, to bid up the price from it's open. I mean, I do get that there's nothing improper about it...it's just a weird change from what used to be an understood option (X or the Best Offer less than X).

Now I don't know whether to get excited or disappointed when I see that option pop up.

Comment

With ebay, I have no expectations, I just place the bid and cross my fingers. I'm offering X take or leave it, because 9 times out of 10,it'll be for sale next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X